You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Janet H

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 5:34am

Heidi's Avavatars

Below are some avatars I've done for myself and others. Anyone interested in having me create an avatar should contact me via Forum Mail. I will do static or animated avatars for 1 world 7 premium ticket. Dependent on complexity, I can normally complete an avi within 10-30 minutes. If you want me to provide the image, it may take a bit longer.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Janet H" (Mar 14th 2009, 1:27pm)

Khuprus

Beginner

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 5:41am

Not bad hun, not bad at all. :)

I assume you are using pics taken from the net to create your work?

Janet H

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 5:48am

Thank you very much. Yes, they come from the net or are provided by individuals. I often do serious modifications to the original artwork, such as the partially concealed name under the horse's nose or some re-rendering of color, adding texture, and more. Space limitations prevent a lot of creativity. For instance animated transitions are severely limited by the 100K space limitation for HW avatars.

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 5:51am

How are you with original artwork (non-avatar related)? If I provided a thorough description of an alien creature, do you think you could draw it?

Janet H

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 5:57am

How are you with original artwork (non-avatar related)? If I provided a thorough description of an alien creature, do you think you could draw it?
Owing to illness I'm living with my parents and do not have access to my materials; so I would not be able to do that kind of work.

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 6:06am

Owing to illness I'm living with my parents and do not have access to my materials; so I would not be able to do that kind of work.

I'm not sure if it would matter, but I'm looking for a digital picture. I can take care of printing it out, but would prefer something in a digital format if that's possible?

Janet H

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 6:16am

My Mac and desktop PC are packed and I'm consigned to working off an Asus netbook with 9" screen. I'm really not setup to do anything beyond simple avatars. I'm sorry :(

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 6:20am

No worries. It's kind of a side project with the game that I haven't really thought much about. Your post reminded me of it, which got me to thinking.

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 9:36am

Avavatars? Are these some really special ones? :P

Seriously, great work! If I ever want something more special than my limited Gimp skills can provide, I'll be sure to get in touch!
Here once more... I can't shake this addiction... ;(

Janet H

Unregistered

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 1:17pm

Thank you very much :D

I get bored during hauling or plunders and I just started knocking out avatars as something to pass the time.

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 7:00am

gimp rocks!
All the posts express the opinion of the author,
the owners of Holy-War and WoltLab GmbH (the developers of Burning
Board) cannot be held responsible for the content of those posts.
By registering, you agree not to post messages that are vulgar, impolite, disrespectful or that express (extreme) political views or
(verbal) law offences.
Additionally, the Administrators and Moderators of this board can edit or even delete your account for any reason.
Enjoy your stay at Holy-War!

Buba the Great

Professional

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 6:07am

gimp rocks!
Im pretty sure the natural formation of these rocks are in San Francisco. We must check with Falco! :thumbsup:

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Occupation: I stack shelves. You wouldn't believe how exciting it is

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 12:36pm

I can't see these pictures...
Want to come to W4? No available (or affordable) characters fo you to get hold of?
Join using my recruitment link and send me a PM. When you reach level 10 i will sell you the best equipment for that level at minimum price, giving you the best possible start.
Depending on your Character Development, there may even be a minimum priced Dragon Sword for you at level 20. Offer only available to the next 4recruits at this time.
http://www.holy-war.net/?ref=19431-4ENHW

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 12:37pm

gimp rocks!
Im pretty sure the natural formation of these rocks are in San Francisco. We must check with Falco! :thumbsup:
Ah, the famous Gimp Rocks.

Originally, these were only visible on the hill heading up Castro Street, especially on the last day of October. However, some of the streets in the South of Market area were made from materials on this hillside, so the best place for gimp spotting is now one mid-summer day every year on Folsom Street.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, December 14th 2009, 11:41pm

I love the photobucket avatar...that is cool!

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 12:58am

I think I will take a screengrab and make that little Photobucket doodad my avatar for a while. I'll make sure to put 'avatar by Heidi' somewhere on there.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, January 30th 2010, 11:10pm

Bumped

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 3:04am

Cant see um
Life is Rough..Ill make it rougher

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 3:12am

I think I will take a screengrab and make that little Photobucket doodad my avatar for a while. I'll make sure to put 'avatar by Heidi' somewhere on there.
No, it must be "avavatar by Heidi".

Buba the Great

Professional

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 6:14am

I have to say, those are the best avavatars I have ever seen! :thumbsup:

Sunday, January 31st 2010, 11:01pm

Avavatar was great, but I still think Avatar was better. Just like Aliens was great, but Alien was so different than anything that came before that you just can't match that.

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 1:37am

Life is Rough..Ill make it rougher

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, April 19th 2010, 5:10am

they appear to be fixed again...long live avavataravas!