You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 1:08am

The New Player Academy

I am thinking of forming an order entirely for new players level 5-10. The purpose of the order would be to properly educate new players on how to successfully play the game in both an individual and order format. At level 11 all players would be dismissed from the order, ready to become productive members of a full fledged order.

This post is a trial balloon to see if the idea has any real merit or interest.

The cooperation of all orders would be very helpful in making this concept successful. Send your low level applicants to us and we return them to you fully trained at level 11.

If it works for pagans, we would look to extend the franchise to christians and saracens if the right people could be found in both faiths to make it work.

Crazy idea or worth the effort?

LargeHuman

Unregistered

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 1:13am

How about crazy idea thats not worth the effort.

Sadly I think world 2 is the last place you wanna start an order like this, seeing as how we rarely get new people ;(

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 1:16am

Ahh! Very good point! Too bad I have no interest in a new world. Oh well..

Corzich

Trainee

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 1:26am

The Christians already have such a "franchise", in fact, they came up with it first: The Double Edged Sword Academy.
It would probably be more successful if W2 got more new players.
You can try it in a new world, but I can forgive noobs for not taking the idea of being mentored by a level 17 seriously, not knowing that you may be level 60+ on another world. And by the time you're impressive in a new world, the new players are probably slowing to a trickle. Also, most established Christian orders I know (and prob Pagans and Saracens too, but I wont speak for them) WELCOME the chance to mentor new blood, no training academy required! It's a nice idea, but I dont really see it taking off.....

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 1:47am

Perhaps I'll use it in W2 in Tag instead! :)