You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 28th 2008, 2:12pm

Insensitivity & Unprofessionalism of HWT

jtemperance s level 51 player left the game. I decided to delete Raidon and apply for a name change. However at the last minute someone asked me for my account and he deleted his account. He also applied for a name change. I get a message from HWT today saying that they were sorry they could not change my name and asked me to delete my account if I wanted a name change and outlined the steps needed to do so. I then get a message from HWT saying that if they believe that I broke a game rule then they will send me a warning and I am free to defend myself if I want to dispute the case. Then I get a message saying that they assumed that I was talking about breaking a rule and said they send the same message to everyone.
I am not complaining about the name change. If they left it at that I would have accepted it. However then to proceed and tell me the steps on how to delete my character is an insult to my intelligence. Anyway for those of you who know me I'll be playing jtemperance. I may take up the suggestion of the HWT to delete my character. I'd hate to lose JT's account so I will give it to someone else. As soon as that happens I will either leave W3 or come back with Raidon or Raidon Raikatuji. So in all probability this is my last post. To everyone it has been a good journey.

Raidon.
AC of GoD (W3)

Monday, July 28th 2008, 2:29pm

I think that was unpleasant of the HW team.

I understand there is a language barrier though, and respect that some things which are unoffensive in German might become offensive in English (and vice versa)

In this case however it does seem you were talked down to, I am very unhappy at how we customers have been treated, sitting in another country behind a screen with no alternative point of contact provides ample safety from which to be cold, and unconcerned of the plight of the consumer.

I do hope someone from the HW team reads this, not just for how Raidon was spoken to but for the name changes requests - I request you please inform us honestly how long each name change takes, so we can better understand if it is an undue drain on company manpower or idleness.

Thankyou in advance

Mavia

Unregistered

Monday, July 28th 2008, 3:03pm

When someone comes to us for a name change, they will get the standard reply. We get many many emails every day asking for name changes, and to research every player's credentials and give them a tailor made reply would take a disproportionate amount of time. We need to use the time to deal with players with more complex issues, and to take care of problems in the SB, and so players with common problems will get a standard response. In 99.99% of cases, the standard reponse is all they need to resolve their issue.

Nobody here is cold, or unconcerned with player's problems. We help everybody to the best of our ability, and in order to satisfy our customers, there was a brief period where we allowed name changes.

However, in the end we had to put a stop to name change requests. The reason for this is that the normal support team does not have the authority to enter the part of the system where name changes can be made. Therefore name changes had to be passed on to a more senior member of staff. Now, as I'm sure you can imagine, that person was very busy taking care of a lot of things, and found themselves unable to take care of all those things and cope with the deluge of name changes. So we had to reverse the policy.