You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bunny Crisis" started this thread

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 9:48am

Alter The Battle Xp Cap Please! It Is Not Fair!

The 31 xp cap in battles is not fair, it must be altered! The reason it is not fair is simple..... this xp cap has nullified my approach/strategy/gameplay of HW entirely. My characters have been built over the span of years, and now, suddenly, and without explanation, one of the basic elements of the game has been altered..... how one chooses to get xp. I say I have the right to choose to get xp however I want to! Is this not THE basic premise of the game? Unfortunately for me, I had decided to get my xp in battles.....years ago. About 6 years ago I made the choice to focus on stats and haul xp in battles. I know that many others chose to play in the same manner as I. And now, after playing HW the way I chose to play it, I am being penalized for no reason at all. And those who chose to race out ahead in level are rewarded. BECAUSE THE BATTLE XP CAP LIMITS MY ABILITY TO CATCH THEM AND/OR REMAIN COMPETITIVE WITH THEM AS I HAVE BEEN FOR 6 FREAKING YEARS! THE ABILITY TO HAUL XP IN BATTLES HAS BEEN THE BASIC PREMISE MY ENTIRE GAMEPLAY FOR ALL THESE YEARS! This change in the basic fabric of the game is absurd, it must be changed! The xp cap is akin to disallowing the forward pass in football, or removing the 3 point line in basketball, or allowing everyone except for the goal keeper to use their hands in soccer.

Mind you, I am not saying remove the cap, I am saying it MUST be altered. Why not make it a 51xp cap, or 41xp cap? Hell, give me 32xp even. 31 is too low! Raise the cap please! Do it now GAS, for once take action to correct a massive mistake and rectify the situation please! Honestly, there is no reason to play anymore, my entire strategy and character build have been entirely nullified by this inane cap. For the record, my remaining accounts will be going non-premium, if not entirely inactive, if the battle XP cap issue is not rectified. I refuse to have my choice of gameplay discriminated against after all of the years I've invested in this game. Simply put, GAS...YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE GAME IN MID-GAME, IT IS NOT FAIR! ADDRESS THE BATTLE XP CAP! :evil:

-Bunny Crisis

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 2:22pm

Bunny, what difference will make from 31 to 32 xp? Sorry, but for me this is a good way to shoot yourself in the foot.
I understand all the reasons behind your complain, but GAS adjusts just things that will bring money from the game. And xp for players in battles, it brings no money. Extra plunders on the other hand ...

COokie

Intermediate

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 7:46pm

Bunny is right ...it changes the game just too much ,
remove the cap please !
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,it's about learning to dance in the rain"

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Sunday, September 7th 2014, 11:37pm

Bunny is not asking for cap to be removed. Removing the cap is a different story.
Saying that 32 is better than 31 is nothing but trying to pull GAS`s finger.
I think you didn`t understand until now: all the changes will come from german side, not english or spanish or french side.

Monday, September 8th 2014, 12:18am

PS all the changes now. When you saw Klesst last time here coming and collecting info with messages that he will pass it down? Never. He comes just to explain favouritisms as a misunderstanding.
But on german forum he is quite `a l`├ęcoute`

Monday, September 8th 2014, 12:55am

PPS I don`t know about you, but last time when I didn`t get xp because I was above the cap, was one month ago. The norm is set by altering the battle script:
- hero for no of fights - usually hi-levels
- hero for hits - usually strong accounts
- hero for xp - usually mid-level accounts
And yes, it is frustrating to see on report that you could have other 20xp and you received just 30 instead 50xp.
I am not for cap, I am for taking it out. No negotiations - if I can get 100xp, I want 100, not 40 or 50. But this is dead end street

Monday, September 8th 2014, 1:44am

The cap should be removed, but unfortunately GA$ has done everything to slow people leveling.

Cap Team Arena to a useless 6xp
Cap Order.City Battles to 30/31xp
Alter scripts so battles normally generate less then 30xp anyway

I also note an increase n 0/0 plunders during promos. Perhaps coincidence, but I wouldnt doubt this is an "incentive" to tixx to replace lost gold.

Monday, September 8th 2014, 2:28am

You are right Zed, nothing will change as usual. I doubt that any GAS employee even looks at this thread. And I am all for removing the cap entirely, but we all know that will never happen, this I why I merely suggested raising it.

Hope all is well with you brother! See you around :)

Monday, September 8th 2014, 3:04am

Bunny, I would like to be wrong, I really would. But ...
All the best to you too bro.

Monday, September 8th 2014, 5:05am

whats not fair?

you want XP do protects

oh wait you all do plunders only for the gold but cry because your battle xp is capped..........

there has to be an incentive for both options

do plunders get a lot more gold

do protects get a lot more xp

don't expect to plunder all day then participate in these daily rubbish battles declared by an order with no hope of winning to provide xp opportunities

this is probably why the XP cap was introduced.....

Monday, September 8th 2014, 6:03am

My point is simple, I will type slow for you my friend. Capping the battle xp is an extreme paradigm shift in the game. It is not fair because it has nullified my approach to the game. You cannot change the intrinsic rules of a game 6 years in and it be fair. If the 31xp cap was in place when I began playing HW, my entire approach to the game would have been completely different.

It is my right to get xp the way I want to. I protect if I feel like it. I do xp hits if I feel like it. I battle if I feel like it. But when I battle, and my character gains 50 xp in battle but he is arbitrarily limited to 31 xp, I can't help but wonder how this is fair. Did I not win all those fights against players higher in level than I? Yes, I did. I should get the 2 xp for those victories. It is the basic premise of this game. If you beat a player higher in level than you are, you are rewarded 2 xp. If you lose, you get 1. If you attack a player of the same level, you each get one xp. This is the basic structure of the game. And GAS has altered it all these years into the game. That is why it is not fair.

Do you do PvP XP hits ever? Imagine attacking and winning against a player with a higher level than yours. You earned your 2xp, but you get none. Would that be fair? That is my point. The XP cap has altered the basic premise of the game. Why after 6 years is a victory in battle against a higher level player awarded with 0 xp? But if I win against the same player in a PvP attack one hour later I get 2 xp? Please explain to me how this is fair, or better yet, how it even makes any damn sense?

Monday, September 8th 2014, 10:11am

i will type slowly for you

GAS has and will continue to change any/and or all of the rules as they see fit

we have no rights

we signed our rights away when accepting terms of use

of course i PVP hit

that and protects only , anything from battle is a bonus

you have a large number of xp targets that you could hit

like you say "you" choose to play the way you want

"you" also chose to accept terms of use

so "you" have to adapt

Monday, September 8th 2014, 12:11pm

Bunny is not asking for cap to be removed. Removing the cap is a different story.
Saying that 32 is better than 31 is nothing but trying to pull GAS`s finger.
I think you didn`t understand until now: all the changes will come from german side, not english or spanish or french side.

thats not right ;)
Alot of the left active german players in the forum are complaining about the limited XP either.
Close to every day ;)

Monday, September 8th 2014, 1:40pm

Soulless Lady, over all I am right. GAS changed and is still changing the battle script due to complains in german forum. Your admin is quite active on your side. Here, since Captain Apex left, the last time I`ve seen an admin in english forum was Klesst - who came to explain favouritism and how a person can complain if gets hit when he doesn`t want to. And this is happening here, in holy-war, not in holy-bedroom. At the end, the communication with this side is sublime and ... a big 0.
So, whatever change will come, it will come from german side - just because here nobody listens. We don`t even have admin to - at least - give the impression that somebody is pushing forward the suggestions.

Monday, September 8th 2014, 11:23pm

nobody listens in the german forum either these days ^^

and if you mean company with german is that ok for me... all i want to say is,that the german players are not fine with the most things as the english players...maybe all other languages too...i dont know

the problem with each idea is ( and the idea of city battles was a player wish), is that you never know what gas makes out of a good idea...
this is exactly the problem here

the same with the mean fight script..."oh gas please do something in PvP fights,that stats are counting" (player wish)
we got it...and a few days later realized the same people,that wanted it before...ooops it hurts now...and they did that in battles too...ooops that costs our xp madness 8|
people do wishes and dont think two steps ahead... the second problem :P

Monday, September 8th 2014, 11:40pm

The problem with implementing new things in this game is simple: nobody who takes decisions regarding how this game should work is playing - Admins for example. Give me a name of an admin playing this game now. Mods or super-mods are just asked, are not a part of decision - they are part of SB police most of the time.
The after thoughts will not come to hit you when somebody really knows the reality

Friday, September 12th 2014, 1:19am

GAS has and will continue to change any/and or all of the rules as they see fit
I agree completely. That is their right, they own the business, they can do as they wish regardless of our opinions.

we have no rights

we signed our rights away when accepting terms of use
You are mostly correct here, however, we do have the right to express our opinions as long as we follow the established rules of this very forum, which I believe I have. And it is GAS's right to implement or ignore our suggestions. I am well aware my suggestion will be ignored, I am simply voicing my opinion.

you have a large number of xp targets that you could hit
Yes I do, and I do it daily. In fact I don't do "safety fights" in our group OC, I do XP hits to safe myself. Sometimes it bites me and I'll cow out a few grand once a month or so. Oh well, that's the risk you take XP hitting while carrying gold 8o

"you" also chose to accept terms of use

so "you" have to adapt
And adapt I have my friend. I topped out at 5 or 6 worlds I was playing I believe. I kept all of those premium. I now play 3 worlds, 2 of which are premium. I fully expect to dwindle down to 2 worlds with only one premium account. That is how I have adapted.

The XP cap has removed most of the fun from the game for me personally. I used to be able to close ground on higher levels through XP gained in battle. That is gone. There is no way for some of my characters to remain competitive because the only means of being competitive has been removed from the game.

REGARDLESS OF HOW I CHOOSE TO PLAY THE GAME, THE CRUX OF MY ARGUMENT IS SIMPLE.... the cap makes absolutely zero sense within the game. Just a few examples of this.....
1) I get 2 xp for defeating a player in the early rounds of battle. In the mid to latter rounds of the battle I am rewarded 0 xp for defeating the same player. It doesn't make sense.
2) I defeat a player before the battle and gain 2xp, but I encounter the same player in battle and get none. It doesn't make sense.
3) I defeat a player in battle and get 0 xp, yet I defeat them again after the battle safety period has expired and I'm rewarded 2 xp. It doesn't make sense.
4) Two players of equal level participate on the same side in the same battle. One loses 30 fights and wins none and is awarded 30 xp. The other wins 30 fights and loses none and receives.... 30 xp! Woohoo! :D And yes, I realize this example is an extreme, I am using it to illustrate my point. The xp cap makes no sense at all within the very construct of the game. In fact, it the xp cap is in direct opposition of one of the most basic parameters of the game, defeat a character of a higher level than your own and be rewarded with 2 xp. Now, defeat a player of a higher level than your own and be rewarded with 2 xp.....or not LOL :D Like I said, the xp cap makes no sense with in the actual gameplay that GAS has established for HW.

My suggestions:
1) Remove the cap. This would be the easiest, but we all know this won't happen. GAS is intentionally slowing the leveling rate. We all know this. Why? Perhaps so they don't have to design the next tier of equipment, perhaps because they want us to pay for extra plunders/protects. Both are valid arguments, but the why really does not matter in this discussion.
2) Raise the xp cap. This is another easy solution. The cap will still fail to make any sense, but raising the cap will lessen the number of incidents where it kicks in and make absolutely zero sense.
3) Create a sliding cap based upon a players level. Perhaps group players in 20 level increments or so and create a moving cap where the the top 20 levels of a group are capped at 31, the next 20 levels are capped at 36 and so on. Just an idea. But this won't happen either because it will take the most work to implement. And GAS will not be doing that. We all know this as well.

Option 1 and option 3 will be out as far as GAS is concerned, so how about option 2? Raise the cap, throw us a bone GAS!

And yes, I am well aware that no GAS employees will ever even see this post, and that nothing will change, except the number of my accounts and their premium status! :thumbsup:

Just voicing my opinion :whistling:

Friday, September 12th 2014, 2:42am

The cap is ridiculous. I would love to hear the exact reason why this was placed in the game as to contradict popular opinion of keeping people from leveling up faster and GAS having to do more work in creating more items. Basically laziness on the developers part.

I think I can pretty much guarantee no one suggested "Hey, can we have a cap on our battles?"

Another reason why the HoF is now a useless piece of garbage

Friday, September 12th 2014, 3:46am

its not about stopping people levelling up any faster...

the highest level player in group 2 does only protects, gets zero xp from any battle except holy battles, has zero xp targets

and still is ahead on level, and has new gear , yes NEW gear..........

there is horse at level 225 in stable

new weapons and equipment as well

this is similar to work pay issue, no one asked for them to reduce our work pay but they did, why do you think they did that.......

because they realised that people felt less need to tixx stats when they could buy them quite easily from work pay and full plunders/ even protects

now even though work pay has been nerfed GAS probably see's the XP cap as another sort of factor to influence Tixx purchases

if you want more XP you have to do protects thus less gold

if you want to just plunder because it gives more gold then capping XP is GAS's way of saying ' plunder away but grow slowly' because it will take you an age to level up and earn that little bit more work pay and those better paying plunders because those things are dependant on LEVEL

higher level = higher work pay (even though its pitiful)

higher level = higher paying plunders......

its just another method of control

Friday, September 12th 2014, 6:48am

Yeah man, I get all of that, anyone who has played this game for so so long understands all of that. However, this thread is not about GAS' business decisions regarding increasing revenue. I do understand that is a peripheral component to what I'm talking about, but it is not the main point this thread had intended to discuss. I believe in my last post I had mentioned this is not the preeminent point I was making. If you want to talk about GAS's methods of raising revenue, perhaps you should start a new thread?

I will attempt to summarize as succinctly as possible:

1)It is not fair to alter the basic component of a game 6 years into playing it. A player is awarded 2 xp for winning a fight against another player of a higher level. This is one of the most basic elements of Holy War, and it has been removed from another basic element of Holy War..... battles.

2)The XP cap makes no sense as to the intrinsic nature of the came, it is in fact in direct opposition to the most basic concept of the game that I outlined above. You win against a player of higher level and are awarded 2 xp. That is no longer the case. Now, you are occasionally awarded 2 XP for defeating a player of a higher level than yours. I fail to understand how it makes any sense that I get 2xp for beating a character sometimes, and sometimes I receive 0xp for beating the exact same character. I am strictly talking about common sense here. This is FACT, it does not make sense. Not only does it not make sense, but as I said before, it is in direct opposition to one of the most basic and fundamental elements of Holy War... beat a higher level and receive 2xp.

If you or anyone else would care to explain to me how or why the xp cap makes any sense IN TERMS OF ACTUAL GAMEPLAY, I would love to hear it! This thread was not created to discuss GAS' revenue making policies. It is not about purchasing tixx for gold, for marriage, for faith change, for name change, for plunders/protects, for battle healing, etc. I am not talking about money at all! I am talking about actual gameplay and how the XP cap makes no sense regarding actual gameplay. Explain why when I dominate player X in round 18 of battle I get 2 xp, but when I dominate the same player in round 21 I get none? How does that make sense? How is there any consistency in these rules?

The XP cap should be removed entirely. I understand this is not likely to happen, so I would be satisfied if there was a simple alteration to it. My suggestions are outlined in my previous post.

COokie

Intermediate

Friday, September 12th 2014, 7:38am

Explain why when I dominate player X in round 18 of battle I get 2 xp, but when I dominate the same player in round 21 I get none? How does that make sense? How is there any consistency in these rules?

This is a simple question that much players would like to see answered ;)
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,it's about learning to dance in the rain"

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Friday, September 12th 2014, 3:13pm

Bunny, to that last question there is an answer: Mistakes happens. But GAS will work even harder altering the fighting script with the purpose to eradicate it. :thumbsup:

janjan

Trainee

Friday, September 12th 2014, 7:18pm

i believe the xp cap was brought in to balance the extra xp gained when they brought in battle fatigue and lower levels had a greater chance of beating higher levels later on in battles, hence making the amount of xp available greater. Battle Fatigue was brought in in November 2013, the xp cap in a patch update in January 2014, along with a change to the amount of damage done. However Battle Fatigue was reduced in a patch in the April, but the xp cap has never been altered to balance this, so i think it is time it was removed or at least raised. 30xp in battle has never been an excessive amount to gain and keeping it at this artificial level is damaging the game.

Rate this thread