You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Hruodlandus" started this thread

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 8:00pm

Account thefts

Unfortunately, lately there have been scams and fraud by acc of various worlds, using the technique of getting acc to stay in an order and then sell them.
This message is aimed at all to warn you not to give account to certain people, even and especially if they seem young guys.
Write to me here to know names and pseudonyms.
Thank you and good HW all hoping that at least in a game there is still a minimum of respect and seriousness among people who belong to it.

Sry for my poor english.

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 1:45am

I am not understanding the complaint. People have the right to request the account stay in the order its in (although if someone pays for an account they can do what they want).

Mashy

Beginner

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 1:56pm

What he means its that there are people giving their account for free, at the condition that the account will stay in the order (so whoever takes over that account doesn't actually pay anything), and at the end after sometime the new owner sells the account against the good sake of those who gave it for free.
Plus, since the 2nd new owner will pay for it, it might also decide to leave the order, doing so it would break the main condition because the account was given WITHOUT totally pay even a dollar.

Basically there are guys taking profit out those who didn't gain anything.

*I think this is what he meant* ^^

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 2:48pm

That makes a little more sense, but while it may seem immoral, if a character is playing an account and has full details, then technically it is their account now and if they desire, to sell.

That isn't stealing an account though, perhaps the title should be changed as there is nothing against the rules on that. Again may be immoral to get gifted an account to simply flip it immediately after, but technically it is theirs now.

Mashy

Beginner

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 3:56pm

I kinda agree with what you said, also because when you get an account then you also start to spend money on it, would that may be for premium or because the owner tixxes.
Still it's unfair against whoever gave you the account, but also they should know the risk there might be.

Therefore, if seen as Kinji said, that is not seen as account steal.