You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 12:25pm

forbid under level 15 OMs and raise order level requirements

Yes i know this is contradictory to me previous post on the topic.

With the reasons of multiaccounting being a reason for the discouragement for single man orders being able to declare and with a couple recent battles that were highly questionable of the validity and borderline questionable multiaccounting, i suggest the following:

- do not allow the assignment of order master to a player under level 15
- raise order application to level 10 or level 15
- prevent order disbandment for a few days after founding
- prevent player from leaving order for a few days after applying and acceptance

The first 2 would hopefully put a damper on an easy multiaccount order and the last 2 would make it easier to track a player as they can easily be associated with that order.

This post derives from a player over level 15 founding an order, a lvl 12 joining and becoming order master, the founder donating and leaving then 4 other players join and donate then declare battle on a large order...within 15 minutes of founding. The order promptly disbanded after battle.

As the order disbanded and i dont think the "OM" has even played since then i see that battle as highly suspicious. Getting 5 players is hard enough sometimes. Getting 5 in literally a matter of minutes seems odd, and more so when alll characters that can me created and leveled to level 5 in about an hour with protects

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 2:01pm

Hello,

I'm forwarding it. Thank you for the suggestions.

Regards,

CApeX

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 2:08pm

Yes i know this is contradictory to me previous post on the topic.

With the reasons of multiaccounting being a reason for the discouragement for single man orders being able to declare and with a couple recent battles that were highly questionable of the validity and borderline questionable multiaccounting, i suggest the following:

1.do not allow the assignment of order master to a player under level 15
2. raise order application to level 10 or level 15
3. prevent order disbandment for a few days after founding
4. prevent player from leaving order for a few days after applying and acceptance

1. would work
2. bad for a new world... you would only see even more tixxing xp just to join the first order in the world or the second ;)
3. would work
4. if you leave an order and you was less than 7 days in it you canĀ“t found or join a new order anyway... and you cant rejoin the order you was in for a month... seriously... all are crying they dont get new members... and the wrong way is to make them stay in case they wont like in the order they joined ,even if i can understand why you brought up that point

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 3:59pm

Getting to level 10 takes about a week, that gives players time to learn the game. Really shouldnt be a colossal deal for true players.

#4 is to prevent orders like i mentioned to form and declare then disband in 12 hours. Such orders are highly suspicious and should be looked at, but quite often no one will take info down immediately, they will gripe about it then when its too late cant do anything. A couple days is plenty of time for people to report the order, while the couple day wait isnt going to kill regular players. If a person is gonna gripe about being stuck in an order for 2 days, then he shouldnt have joined that order only to leave after

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 4:42pm

i doubt people want learn the game... welcome in the new age of players... but its of course only how i see it...
what counts is level ,not who plays clever anymore

and nope..that is not how i play myself

they can do it anyway only 1 time a week... to create an order and disband it after the battle... even if they get stocked in the order for 2 days,can they do it once a week...and it wont change anything at least... besides you can declare back on them...whatever would be the sense to do that,if that are only accs to annoy others...
but with what you want,you may poke normal players to stay off orders... and that should not be the target
just saying...

Wednesday, April 10th 2013, 4:59pm

Low level orders like i mentioned are the prob i am primarily speaking about. This merely will deter these orders from being founded from 1 day of plunders to close to a week. No more spur of the moment multiaccounts.

So it really isnt the matter of annoying orders, but giving more time for people to report and hw to investigate a complaint. It is a lot easier i suspect for support to search an order then individual characters, then can determine whether the order was indeed created by one person or was a legit order. They can also check who founded the order and supply punishments if the order was a multiaccount order.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 10:18am

Hello,

I have received word that the game design team has been tinkering around with the topic for some time now. We might be able to offer news sometime this month regarding blocking battles and multi-orders.

Regards,

CApeX

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 1:43pm

Well suicide orders should be allowed, as much as i detest them. In battle this was a tactic to deter forces and give time for reinforcements.

As for multiaccount/ same IP order suicide/disbandment orders, i believe these should not be allowed, especially at low levels in high level worlds.

Really there is no absolute way of knowing whether 2 legitimate players share IP or a band of accounts played by one person occupy an order. However when an order is formed by 5 players of extremely low level and where the OM is not of sufficient level, all parties should be investigated, including the founder of this controversial order. That is the base for my radical suggestions

itsjustme

Professional

Saturday, April 13th 2013, 3:21pm

Hello,

I have received word that the game design team has been tinkering around with the topic for some time now. We might be able to offer news sometime this month regarding blocking battles and multi-orders.

Regards,

CApeX

oh dear :huh: 8|
This has me worried when G@S developers try to re-design game play to how they see the game should be played by individuals with varying goals and ambitions....
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 12:43pm

I am bumping this as the same "OM" has "founded" another order filled with tiny levels, despite being under level 15 and declared battle again less then 30 min after founding.

Its highly suspicious that a lvl 14 player can found and be able to declare with level 10 and below members against a powerful order.

This is exactly why i suggest not allowing a player to leave an order for a couple days, and then not allow the order to disband for a few days either. I guarantee this order will be disbanding at 20:00 when the battle finishes.

Whats odd is that the OM and his slew of members were french the first time, and reason for this threas, but now the same OM is spanish and his members are the same.

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 1:12pm

Just a question...or clarification...
Would it matter if they were High Level characters?

I guess what bothers you is that they create an order, declare and then disband?

Just wondering because of the title of the post and then some of the things you said afterwards thinks it's not the level so much...

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 1:31pm

Recalls in w7 incredibly high level tixxers doing the same, disbanding and forming a new order, ad nauseum, just to bully other orders.
~ Mod 322 ~

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 1:45pm

There has to be some rule against a player founding an order, admitting a player(s) in then leaving so that order can declare. Some sort of grieving rule

All this happened in less then a half hour.

I find it suspicious that a 5 man order consisting of a lvl 14 OM and 4 others less then that can whip up an order and declare in less then a half hour.

There would be a difference between a regular suicide order pissing people off, and the one where it develops, fights then disbands in 12hours. The suggestion is more in place to allow an admin to investigate easily. I am sure its a lot easier to look at an order that is still up then to fumble around when it deletes. The few day "hold" i feel would be needed in case of weekend battles where noone is online from support

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 2:10pm

Per the Game Instructions...

"On these pages, you can donate gold to your order (up to a total amount of no more than 10 x your level per day), leave the order (Note: if you leave your order, you must wait 30 days to rejoin that same order again, and may not join another order at all for 7 days less the number of days you were an order member - i.e. if you were a member for at least 8 days you would not have to wait, while the wait time may extend up to a maximum of 7 days. During this wait time it is also not possible to found a new order.), view the order residence; under Diplomacy you can search for other orders or view order alliances, and read or write order messages."
~ Mod 322 ~

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 3:02pm

Hello,

There has to be some rule against a player founding an order, admitting a player(s) in then leaving so that order can declare. Some sort of grieving rule

we recently created a poll asking the community to decide if we should implement something to prevent that. The decision was against it.

The community has spoken. There is not much we can do now. If these orders are played by people all from different IPs, then they don't break a rule.

Regards,

CApeX

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 4:53pm

Captain, what i suggest here and what the order survey was are not so similar. I suggested to raise order requirements to join and to not allow an OM that is under level 15 to be assigned. The order survey was a formula based on declaring that would involve a larger amount of orders that were already established or had players that have played a long time.

When a player creates an order then leaves and then 5 people flock that are under level 15, several under level 10, that is a vastly different circumstance then the order survey.

I will also venture these characters are dormant, only coming about for this purpose.

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 5:19pm

So is it the fact that they are low level that bothers you? You didn't answer that question before, and just curious...

I don't see why it would matter what level the player is, yet that seems to be pointed out in each of your statements.

If a Level 150 created it and left and put a Lvl 100 in charge, how is that different than if he had left a lvl 10 in charge?

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 7:50pm

Yes, being low level order reaks of suspicion. There is a HUGE difference with a lvl 150 setting a lvl 100 as OM and a lvl 15+ setting a lvl 10 player as OM. Why? Because you need to be level 15 to found an order, and by extension this is bypassing the requirement of having an order.

GAS states you need 5 active members to declare, by having a dead account, you are bypassing the requirements. The same can be said here. Orders that suddenly pop up with players not eligible to "legally declare" as their OM is not of required level to found an order and by extension should not control one, and then to suddenly disappear is not without raising eyebrows.

The whole situation is fishy, and the founding player should also suffer penalties as this certainly isnt done to not cause a stir

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 10:15pm

I don't have an issue with it as long as it's run and manned by active players. I think the Lvl 15 is a bit odd setting anyway, you can be Lvl 15 before your initial premium runs out so...
If someone wants to run an order, let them, regardless of level.
There are rules in place to keep people from creating orders, leaving and then creating another one or joining another one within a certain timeframe. Maybe visit that and tweak a bit.

People declaring just because they can will always get under someones skin so we should be careful to not ban behavior that is simply game play...

I know I have declared on the same order 3-4 times in a row before and hired a suicide order to hit their allys. Is that grief play? To them it was, to me and my order it was retribution for them being aholes in the SB and in PM's.

OK, moving on now...

Rate this thread