You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rovers

Beginner

• "rovers" started this thread

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:30pm

Maintenance - Information, or lack of it...

Quote from the announcement about the maintenance:

"The maintenance will begin at 04:00 am and will be over by 12:00 pm (midday) at the earliest."

Why do GaS give info like this and no follow up when the earliest time has passed by almost 2,5 hours?

What do you expect us users to think when you give out a time that is at the earliest and no at the latest?
I for one expect HW to be up and running at 12:00 st unless there is an update in the announcement post in the forum, or even better actual info on the HW webpage, about a delay.

I work in the IT-industry myself, and such unspesific information would never be accepted by our customers/users.

Rovers
EN1 -Rovers-

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:31pm

Hello,

according to the support informations, the maintenance will last for about 90 minutes more. We are going to keep you informed if these informations change.

Regards,

CApeX

rovers

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:39pm

Thank you for the info :-)

However, my point with this post was to hopefully change the information routine from GAS.
Meaning you automatically updated the post in the Announcement section or even better put info directly in the HW webpage as soon as technicians see they will not make the estimated "earliest" time.
EN1 -Rovers-

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 2:46pm

Apparantly, the informations were offered on Facebook, but not on the forum. I am sorry for that and promise to keep an eye on that in the future.

Regards,

CApeX

rovers

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:03pm

Thanks, that would be great :-)
EN1 -Rovers-

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:10pm

Facebook... People still do that?

More importantly, there are companies who feel that Facebook as a primary contact method is acceptable? Preposterous.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:11pm

forge...some dislike phoning i guess :D

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:37pm

according to the support informations, the maintenance will last for about 90 minutes more. We are going to keep you informed if these informations change.

So, what time would that be? 4 PM?
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:38pm

If you're living were I am living, then yes. AKA in about 20 - 30 minutes.

Regards,

CApeX

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:48pm

If you're living were I am living, then yes. AKA in about 20 - 30 minutes.

Just because I told you to "look behind you" doesn't necessarily I live where you live :D. That's a No btw, I'm not living where you're living. It's almost 10 PM here ;)

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:55pm

16 :00 Servertime... helps that out? :)

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 3:56pm

sure mi lady, Thanks :D

cerebus

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:04pm

ok Its now past 4pm :-)

Someone had to do it :-)

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:09pm

Apparantly, the aforementioned time has been passed and yet, we are still offline. Currently the support has not a new time schedule when we will be back online. We'll keep you informed once there are any news.

Regards,

CApeX

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:10pm

*makes hot water with herbals... * the brits call it tea :P

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:10pm

I think I'm gonna missed all of todays plunder :( it's getting late here...
You guys should realy work harder...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:12pm

Rest assured that the technicians are working as hard as they can. Whatever is currently not working, it is apparantly not a problem easily solved, otherwise it would have been solved, already.

Regards,

CApeX

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:13pm

lucky i did my plunder before i was logged out:D
fear me death is coming:D 8o

jiggycat

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:16pm

I think I'm gonna missed all of todays plunder it's getting late here...
You guys should realy work harder...

Yeah some of us have be in bed for six :rolleyes:

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:18pm

May want to revise the Compensation event if this goes much longer. I have to leave for a meeting now, hopefully HW will be up before I get back.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:26pm

i think we should get more gold or prem:D
fear me death is coming:D 8o

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:26pm

So for the future. You have our (players) email addresses - you could send up to date information on the extended maintenance, or at least send one email when it is ready.
Most of us probably has email client and information about the maintenance we could get almost the same time when you send it.
And now I'm sitting on the browser and I'm clicking "refresh", "refresh", "refresh" ...
It's humiliating :thumbdown: We are your customers, you know... :whistling:

And give some coffe to that little monkey, who prescribes by hand whole database - let's speed this up a little bit :D :D :D

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:32pm

Well, it's really getting in my nerves ! You might need to compensate more than 60 h workpay. That would be around 60k for me, and i can get more than 60k from my daily plunders (which I probably couldn't do today) X(

_Lylith_

Trainee

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:38pm

personally i rather it lasts as long as it takes and have all the glitches fixed :)

or is everyone rocking back and forth for a day without hw by now? :D
aka freya 8o

rovers

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:46pm

personally i rather it lasts as long as it takes and have all the glitches fixed :)

or is everyone rocking back and forth for a day without hw by now? :D
As a paying customer I expect a minimum of information when things take longer than expected.
Still no update in the forum of the original maintenance post in the announcement-section.

And I really have no intention of signing up for FB for the sole purpose of being able to read about HW.
EN1 -Rovers-

_Lylith_

Trainee

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 4:53pm

Rest assured that the technicians are working as hard as they can. Whatever is currently not working, it is apparantly not a problem easily solved, otherwise it would have been solved, already.
it is explained right there why things aren't going according to plan. As a paying costumer myself, i like playing a game that runs without glitches, if it takes more time, then so be it, it is hardly a life and death situation :)
aka freya 8o

jiggycat

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:00pm

*Hopes the Technician hasn't found where I dump the contents of me litterbox* :pinch:

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:00pm

it is explained right there why things aren't going according to plan. As a paying costumer myself, i like playing a game that runs without glitches, if it takes more time, then so be it, it is hardly a life and death situation :)

You seriously believe this maintenance will result in "no glitches"? Were you here for the Team Arena rollout? Most HW "maintenance" is followed by a period of days where something broken is found, and a quick-fix patch is then rushed out towards the end of the week. That's not meant to be an opinion, it's my observation of most of the recent patches.

Meeting is over, HW still down. Another meeting in 15 minutes.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:04pm

Personally, I would prefer if we wouldn't start theories of what could be happening and just judge what we know as a fact. Call it "preventing collateral damage".

Regards,

CApeX

_Lylith_

Trainee

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:05pm

You seriously believe this maintenance will result in "no glitches"? Were you here for the Team Arena rollout? Most HW "maintenance" is followed by a period of days where something broken is found, and a quick-fix patch is then rushed out towards the end of the week. That's not meant to be an opinion, it's my observation of most of the recent patches.
i would say i am an eternal optimist but then it reminds me of a Voltaire quote lol 8|

The message we all got said it would be over at 12:00 server time at the earliest, not precisely at 12:00. I just fail to see what the big deal is, i am sure we all have faced situations we didn't predict before, not all GAS does has the goal of annoying the players, a bit of patience is all i am saying :)
aka freya 8o

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:06pm

Rest assured that when the announcement was made, nobody including the technicians assumed it would be taking that long.

Regards,

CApeX

Noble

Professional

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:08pm

I hope this gets fixed soon, I need to leave for work and I'd like to have my characters collecting their pay while I'm away. Failing that, I hope this is at least fixed before I get home from work. If not though, some additional compensation for this foul up in the maintenance/update/patch process would be nice.

If I'm not mistaken we're now five hours past the initial 12:00 earliest expected completion time, and an hour past Captain ApeX's last expected completion time.

Working in IT though, I do know that with computers things don't always go as expected.

At least they're working on it though, that's somewhat reassuring.
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO] (Christian), W4EN Nobility [Aloha] (Pagan), W6 EN Mr Credit Card (Christian), W8 EN Noble [BS] (Pagan)
Tagoria: W1 EN The Redeemer, W3 EN Noble
AI Wars: W1 EN Nobility

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:13pm

Folks I am quite sure the gnomes are busy chasing the gremlins all over the place to get back up and running 8o . I know it is hard to be patient but please try.. :thumbup:
Oh and by the way Jiggy they found that first :D
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

rovers

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:23pm

Life and death?

Lets keep this at the correct level.

GAS is a service provider and they have a number of paying customers.
When they do maintenance and the service is unavailable, I expect to be well informed both before the maintenance and also during the maintnance when things are taking longer than informed.

In my world we would probably send out a msg upfront like this:
Maintenance is expected to end 12:00 if everything goes as planned.
If not, we will keep you properly informed in the forum/email or whatever communication method you have available.

As soon as the techicians know there will be a delay(before the estimated time):
We have encountered some unexpected problems and the service will be unavailable for another x hours.

If the x hours are reached again, another update of information on estimated uptime.
This should be done without the customer having to ask for the information.

By doing this, GAS would take the edge of us critisisers by informing before we can start complaining ;)
The customers would also appreciate the communication in stead of just sitting there waiting for hours in the dark with no working service.
EN1 -Rovers-

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:28pm

The customers would also appreciate
You're pretty new here, aintcha son? ;)

_Lylith_

Trainee

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:28pm

As soon as the techicians know there will be a delay(before the estimated time):
We have encountered some unexpected problems and the service will be unavailable for another x hours.
I thought that was what Apex was doing :) clearly i don't understand the level of importance this has to you, and not being a GAS employee, i can't help with the details, i am mearly saying that according to the information we all are being given "they" are trying to fix. I am as much of a player as you are, and as a player it causes me no distress at all to wait, that is all :)
aka freya 8o

rovers

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:34pm

The customers would also appreciate
You're pretty new here, aintcha son? ;)

What are you saying?
They don't regard us as customers ?(
HW-addicted slaves would be more correct maybe :D

And no, not new, been here since 2007, allthough I had a 2 year vacation from HW before returning last year 8)
EN1 -Rovers-

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:34pm

HAHAHA 8o Much to my chagrin I find myself back here looking for information since that's where the login page tells me to go, and I see that G@S neglected to put anything here until someone complained 8)

So now I suppose this thread can be locked as sure no additional helpful information will be gleaned from all the complaints about a known issue and G@S can just make an errrmmm what's it called again???? ?( oh yeah Announcement when they get it sorted.

In short, nothing to see here, move along....bump for your reading pleasure :thumbsup:
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:36pm

I assume that this thread is still useful regarding news, itsjustme.

Regards,

CApeX

rovers

Beginner

Tuesday, November 27th 2012, 5:45pm

Much to my chagrin I find myself back here looking for information since that's where the login page tells me to go, and I see that G@S neglected to put anything here until someone complained

So true. The forum post for the maintenance today 27.11.12 by Vhogmar should be the information point.
Might even link directly to that post, but as there are no new info it is useless.

Capex: do you have any way of contacting the responsible ones?
EN1 -Rovers-