You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

itsjustme

Professional

• "itsjustme" started this thread

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 1:24pm

What Rule was Broken?

Hello,

the topic has been noticed, TG, and will be considered. All bumping this thread does is breaking a forum rule. To avoid that, let's just close it.

Regards,

CApeX

In the thread about the "fortnight holy battle"....
Exactly what rule was broken by TG's post ?( Not that I disagree with closing it, just curious...
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 4:03pm

It was this one

Quoted

1.6 Unnecessary and meaningless contributions (spamming) will not be tolerated. Players must also refrain from the intentional upkeep (upping) of themes.

I don't really see a big point in penalize anyone doing that, really, as I know a lot of boards were it's tolerated. I also know a lot of boards where it's tolerated, but not really well liked. I just decided to close the thread because all that could have been said was said in that thread. Bumping it over and over again will not hasten anything, and it will not change any decision that may or may not be made regarding that issue. So, in essence, bumping it contributes nothing.

In any case, I have once more pointed the design team to the thread and asked them to look into this.

Regards,

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 5:25pm

I just decided to close the thread because all that could have been said was said in that thread. Bumping it over and over again will not hasten anything, and it will not change any decision that may or may not be made regarding that issue. So, in essence, bumping it contributes nothing.

Cpt Apex knows what we're going to think before we even think about it :whistling:

In any case, I have once more pointed the design team to the thread and asked them to look into this.

So now you locked the thread what?G@S will be waiting for the matter to be forgotten and noone brings it up again?
That thread was there for sometime,had an increased number of views and players' posts,it is wrong to lock it up and that action should be inverted
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 5:42pm

If all that is left to say in a thread is 'BUMP', then it's time to move on.

Regards,

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 6:40pm

its not
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 6:51pm

BUMP! ;)
:thumbsup: I say what I like and I like what I damn well say! :thumbsup:

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 11:38pm

:whistling: if you try to keep yourself up to date here...and you jump into threats and all new you read is bump...well that is anoying..sorry ozz but feels so ;)

Ozzman

Intermediate

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:33am

More annoying to me to have 1 HB per month,and that one broken as well.

I think you're missing the point Soully,we are clients,we don't bump cause everything was said,but because we demand better HB for over a year.
Do not remember any discussion about merged international worlds going on for so much time :cursing:

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 11:24am

Bumping a thread is the internet equivalent of poking someone over and over for the sake of attention. If you want people to see you that way, fine. But for the love of god don't try to justify it. :rolleyes:

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 11:32am

we don't bump cause everything was said,but because we demand better HB for over a year.

And as I said, just bumping a thread adds nothing new to it. Hence why it is typically not looked at in a favorable way. It's spam, and it's spam without an ounce of entertainment value, at that.

The request has been noticed. Nothing else matters. Bumping a topic will not hasten a decision.

Regards,

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:59pm

Bumping a thread is the internet equivalent of poking someone over and over for the sake of attention. If you want people to see you that way, fine. But for the love of god don't try to justify it.

You should be banned for provoking :rolleyes:

Nothing else matters. Bumping a topic will not hasten a decision.

Bumping is for when some time has passed and no good has come out of the suggestion.This does not necessarily mean the the suggestion is not any good,but that once again we have been ignored.so we bump in order to remind that this suggestion is still valid.

If that was any other suggestion,i'd probably have passed,but this continuous locking of threads,and even more of the HB thread is extremely annoying.
STOP locking threads just because it suits G@S

itsjustme

Professional

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 12:43pm

we don't bump cause everything was said,but because we demand better HB for over a year.

And as I said, just bumping a thread adds nothing new to it. Hence why it is typically not looked at in a favorable way. It's spam, and it's spam without an ounce of entertainment value, at that.

The request has been noticed. Nothing else matters. Bumping a topic will not hasten a decision.

Regards,

CApeX

2/3's of the Suggestion Threads should be locked if posting something that adds nothing new to it is a reason to lock it. Much like this one, my question has been answered and I see the real reason it was locked and a rule was invoked for that reason only and others ignored.

Thanks and have a good day.

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Monday, November 5th 2012, 10:38am

but that once again we have been ignored.

You have not been ignored. But just as 'bumping' a thread is pointless, writing every other week 'We're still informed about this thread's existence!' is. Just assume we are still informed about the thread. No reason for anyone to remind us, no reason to assume GameArt Studio employees have the memory capability of a goldfish. If a suggestion wasn't implemented yet, it can have a vast amount of reasons, none of those being 'They forgot about it.', hence why bumping the thread serves no meaning.

Quoted

2/3's of the Suggestion Threads should be locked if posting something that adds nothing new to it is a reason to lock it.

Typically, a thread that has nothing to add to a certain topic anymore is not in use anymore, either. Personally, I prefer letting a thread run out that way rather than just locking it. 'Bumping' a thread, however, will just push it up again - which is the one and only reason to do so -, and that's it. It's nothing but 'lazy spam'. In order to prevent continued 'bumping' from that point on, the thread was locked. There was no other reason, really.

Regards,

CApeX

Monday, November 5th 2012, 10:45am

You should be banned for provoking :rolleyes:
It's just "voicing an opinion" and "freedom of speech" if you're doing it, huh?

Friday, November 16th 2012, 11:50pm

"BUMP"

;)
:thumbsup: I say what I like and I like what I damn well say! :thumbsup:

itsjustme

Professional

Sunday, November 18th 2012, 2:28am

OUCH X(
Quit bumping so hard 8|

OK, moving on now...

Monday, November 19th 2012, 12:26pm

Look at him. It's -POW-, making a joke. Look at him. He deserves it. Wooh. Tell all your friends, -POW- was rebellious, against the system and made a joke. Totally kEwL.

We definitely need a "Like"-button in this forum. Or at least an emote giving applause. Such efforts should not go without a lot of expressive back-patting.

And yes, that was sarcasm.

Ozzman

Intermediate

Monday, November 19th 2012, 6:05pm

It's just "voicing an opinion" and "freedom of speech" if you're doing it, huh?

I"m in this forum for almost 4 years,I've been banned by admins,but also praised for my posts both by admins that passed through here and several players.
So yes,only if I AM doing it,not you

And yes, that was sarcasm.

laaaaaame

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 9:44am

I"m in this forum for almost 4 years,I've been banned by admins,but also praised for my posts both by admins that passed through here and several players.
So yes,only if I AM doing it,not you
At least you're not hiding your egocentricity. Good job.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 11:08am

I would like to take the opportunity to ask everyone in here for a more civil conversation. I assume everybody here is mature enough to bring it, so let's do so.

That said, I really do not perceive the problem at hand, and perhaps Ozzman is capable of explaning something to me:

What was 'bumping the thread' going to accomplish? I would very much like to know.

Regards,

CApeX

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 11:56am

Sometimes it seems subjects are forgotten about or simply ignored.

Do you have to comment on every thing, no certainly the owners/managers of G@S could have no representative trolling the forums at all and they would be within their rights.
But seeing as they do have operators/operatives/volunteers reviewing the forum, it at least makes it appear that there is 2 way communication and when that happens in some places and not in others, then the others get an "ahem, throat clearing, attention getting" Bump to remind the mediator, namely you and other forum mods, of these seemingly forgotten topics.

Sometimes it's to just poke a stick at the game owners, through you the mediator, that we don't like the way things are going and here's why "Bumpity Bump Bump". We have the right to do that as well. If not, please let us know and we'll quit complaining and follow along blindly and nicely.

Sometimes it's just because we are ticked off that something seemingly so simple goes for years without any correction after numerous patches (and corrections to said patches( and corrections to said corrections) and penalization of gameplay ability) while new dying worlds are opened and more tixx promos are offered and the game limps along.

I know I'm not Ozz and your request wasn't aimed at me, but that's my opinion.

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 12:46pm

This is not the case. Every suggestion the players do post in here has been and is going to be forwarded and is reviewed by the design team. If they see merit in the suggestion and want to implement it, then it will be implemented. If, for whatever reason, it won't be implemented, then that's how it is. Bumping a suggestion will not have any influence, either way. It will just be a post with the "word" 'bump'.

Quoted

But seeing as they do have operators/operatives/volunteers reviewing the forum, it at least makes it appear that there is 2 way communication and when that happens in some places and not in others, then the others get an "ahem, throat clearing, attention getting" Bump to remind the mediator, namely you and other forum mods, of these seemingly forgotten topics.

It is not a forgotten topic.

Quoted

We have the right to do that as well. If not, please let us know and we'll quit complaining and follow along blindly and nicely.

Offering your thoughts is welcome. Nobody is going to restrain your rights regarding that, if you can pull it off in a polite way, understandable way, without spam, without accusations or insulting people at random. It's really that simple.

And users unable to do that are not restrained because they don't have the right to offer their thoughts. They are restrained because the way they were doing it was not according to certain rules. Rules at that, which should come natural when it comes to communication, and who are just there to make a decent communication possible. Not only on the internet, but wherever communication is happening.

Regards,

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 1:44pm

What was 'bumping the thread' going to accomplish? I would very much like to know.

Do you have to comment on every thing, no certainly the owners/managers of G@S could have no representative trolling the forums at all and they would be within their rights.

Sometimes it's to just poke a stick at the game owners, through you the mediator, that we don't like the way things are going and here's why "Bumpity Bump Bump". We have the right to do that as well. If not, please let us know and we'll quit complaining and follow along blindly and nicely.

Sometimes it's just because we are ticked off that something seemingly so simple goes for years without any correction after numerous patches (and corrections to said patches( and corrections to said corrections) and penalization of gameplay ability) while new dying worlds are opened and more tixx promos are offered and the game limps along.

Good points Jerr!

the easiest one i can think of:
Bumping is for when some time has passed and no good has come out of the suggestion.This does not necessarily mean the the suggestion is not any good,but that once again we have been ignored.so we bump in order to remind that this suggestion is still valid.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 2:14pm

And why don't you put more effort into explaining and expressing just why a suggestion has still merit, instead of just 'bumping' a thread, offering snappy remarks and all these other stuff you know will be taken as a reason for locking a thread because I told you a zillion times that it will if offered like that, since it's in the rules? If the accusations against my person - as an example -, are true, and I am just locking threads because I don't want to deal with it and use "snappy remarks" and all that fun stuff as an excuse, why are you giving me exactly what I apparantly am looking for when I am locking threads? Why don't you post eloquently, polite and offer good points that show just why the heck your suggestions needs to be looked at, again? Don't you think you'd just outmaneuver me by doing exactly what I told you to do if you want to avoid me locking a thread? Don't you believe that would really upset me, not being able to go the easy way and just lock it because you spammed?

Seriously, Ozzman, even if I would be how you picture me now and then, just offering me all the ammo I need to get it my way seems a bit lazy. If you're into a suggestion, fight for it. Just do it in an appropriate way. It's not that hard. I already told you how to do it several times.

Regards,

CApeX

_Lylith_

Trainee

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 3:51pm

And why don't you put more effort into explaining and expressing just why a suggestion has still merit, instead of just 'bumping' a thread, offering snappy remarks and all these other stuff you know will be taken as a reason for locking a thread because I told you a zillion times that it will if offered like that, since it's in the rules?
The forums are covered in snappy remarks, some of which even show a certain degree of inteligent sense of humour, sarcasm doesn't necessarely present itself as ofensive. That said, nothing beats civil conversation, and everyone is better heard, so Apex has a point.

I read in another thread, by Ozz i believe, (can't be quite sure tbh), that there might be a "micromanagment" of the forums, with constant intervention of the moderators/admins in the threads, and i am forced to partially agree, is really all this necessary over a bump? sometimes there is nothing wrong with letting a conversation run its course, most players here are not strangers. Maybe i am not understanding the complex intricacies of a bump, but the whole thing seems a bit blown out of proportion?

anyway it is just an opinion :)

have a good day everyone :thumbup:
aka freya 8o

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 4:05pm

Maybe i am not understanding the complex intricacies of a bump, but the whole thing seems a bit blown out of proportion?

I can only agree to that.

Regards,

CApeX

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 5:33pm

Does seem a bit much.
Ozz, say your sorry
Apex, say your sorry
now shake hands and play nice
:love:

OK, moving on now...

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, November 20th 2012, 5:39pm

This is not the case. Every suggestion the players do post in here has been and is going to be forwarded and is reviewed by the design team. If they see merit in the suggestion and want to implement it, then it will be implemented. If, for whatever reason, it won't be implemented, then that's how it is. Bumping a suggestion will not have any influence, either way. It will just be a post with the "word" 'bump'.

Quoted

It is not a forgotten topic.

Quoted

We have the right to do that as well. If not, please let us know and we'll quit complaining and follow along blindly and nicely.

Offering your thoughts is welcome. Nobody is going to restrain your rights regarding that, if you can pull it off in a polite way, understandable way, without spam, without accusations or insulting people at random. It's really that simple.

And users unable to do that are not restrained because they don't have the right to offer their thoughts. They are restrained because the way they were doing it was not according to certain rules. Rules at that, which should come natural when it comes to communication, and who are just there to make a decent communication possible. Not only on the internet, but wherever communication is happening.

Regards,

CApeX

I said it "seems" like they are forgotten. And a lot of good suggestions have not been implemented and some implemented without much thought by the developers (or so it seems to those playing the game, or at least to me) How are we to know if what WE THE PAYING Customer really want to see in the game has just been pushed to the trash by the developers because they don't see it as having merit, or if they are working to implement it in some fashion?

I've been complaining about the perpetual safety/ autologin for a year now and they still haven't done anything about it. Surely that has some merit. Have they decided it doesn't and tossed it aside or are they working on fixing it? I don't know so I bump it every 6 months or so to keep it on top of the ever increasing stack of things they need to look at.

I will continue to do so.
If it's not advised, please take my other suggestion to heart and make the announcement...

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, November 21st 2012, 11:22am

Not all suggestions can be implemented, but the reasons for that are plenty, and "GameArt Studio just does not care!" is not one of them.

I understand the wish to know what is planned with an offered suggestion. But all I can offer as an advice here is to be patient. If it is implemented at one point, you'll notice. If not, because it was decided to have no merit (or for whatever reason besides that), then asking about it again and again will not change anything. You have to realize that the support is also asking for news, and for development, but we can only forward to the players what is told to us, in return. We also can't decide, and have to wait for the news as they come in. What we can do is pressing the matter a bit, just like you guys do. But we also don't just 'bump' into a room and demand answers. (At one point, my boss wouldn't look favorably on that anymore.) But we do ask, and we do come back for suggestions that were offered some time ago, as well.

Sometimes, we are told that a suggestion has merit, but will need a time to implement. Sometimes, we are told it is just not possible to implement. There are also times, where it is a question of costs, or of balance regarding the game. Some suggestions of two different group of players cancel each other out, and only one could implemented, anyway. And of course there are the ridiculous ones ("crocodiles instead of horses"). The reasons for not implementing a suggestion, or not implementing it immediately, are not for the support to judge. I am not doing a developer's job, I don't know how the hardware is working. Just like you, I have to assume the guys are knowing what the heck they are doing. And that's that.

So, why are we not replying to suggestions, in general? First of all, that will just generate other forms of discussion. Why it can't be implemented? Why not now? Nobody wants to hear a "No!", right? So, if we don't reply to the suggestions that can't be implemented, it only makes sense not to tell too openly how much merit a different suggestion has, and that it may see the light of day. If we'd do that, you'd immediately know which are a no-go, too: Those we are not replying to. To avoid that, we don't reply to neither and ask for patience. And whatever is going to be implemented, the moment it is a fact and not just a plan, trust that we'll tell you. And telling you every new weeks that there is "Nothing new!" isn't exactly satisfying, either. If there would be, we'd tell you, anyway.

It may not be what you wanted to hear, I am aware of that. But it is what I can tell you.

Regards,

CApeX