You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sir Duncan III" started this thread

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 6:11pm

Merger Updates?

Tomorrow is officially August, and was wondering if there was any updates on there merge? The last word that I have seen (unless I've overlooked something on here), was that it should be sometime in August...just wondering...

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 6:40pm

I think we have time for 1 more promo before merge happens. Plus they still have bugs to fix from the 7/27 and 7/30 patch...not sure if that will be included in the merge patch or not...
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:41am

There will be announcement well in advance of the merge. But it could well happen at the end of the month, but don't quote me on that.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:04am

lol like that wasnt seen coming jog on GAS :thumbdown:

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:52am

Brilliant.

They've said August, so as long as they sort out these current bugs in time, then the merge should be done by the end of August at the very latest.

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 6:13pm

I'm generally not one to complain too much, and don't take it as such...and it is not directed at you, as you guys are simply the messengers, but, if this goes through by the end of the month, I will be surprised...My guess is late September or early October...

Again, not really mad or complaining, just "venting" my thoughts... :D

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 10:30am

Whether it happens tomorrow, October or 2015, nothing we say now will have any effect, apart from doomsaying and sewing the seeds of cynicism. It also makes the devs sweat if we're constantly on their back. It's like looking over a bomb-defuser's shoulder and shouting "Come on! Get on with it!"

For what it's worth, I reckon they'll manage it. I do work in the same office as the devs after all... ;)

cuzman

Beginner

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 12:29pm

It is most likely that there are only a few problems but G@s is just giving the tixxers more time to boost stats that's all tixxers want MORE PROMOS

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 12:35pm

Ah, the seeds of cynicism...:P

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 12:00am

well considering every update GaS has ever made (since I've been playing) seems to be as buggy as hell I'd rather wait a little longer but tbh, this doesn't come as a surprise and yet again we keep being told different dates. This was supposed to have happened in July wasn't it? Then August, now the end of August.

Gen. Dogsbody, you might want to tell the developers to pick someone to join up on the forum to at least discuss stuff with US, the players. It would be nice to hear stuff "direct from the horses mouth" so to speak.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Monday, August 6th 2012, 3:09pm

I think a better use of the devs time would be spent actually working on the merge (as they are) rather than telling you when it will hopefully be finished, don't you?

CapeX and I are the horses' mouths. The devs are employed to develop. We're employed to talk. And anyway, they would simply tell you exactly the same thing, just in programming-speak. And probably in German.

Remember, the merge is supposed to be an improvement to the game. It's not coursework that needs to be submitted by a certain deadline. GAS don't have to merge worlds, they could just leave them as they are. Also, GAS are currently juggling several projects, some of which run into obstacles now and then and therefore require more attention. The point is, if thery're going to get it right the first time, it's going to take time. Hurry up and be patient already. Your impatience is seriously starting to test my patience :P

Anyway, we were first of all told "July 31st". That was then postponed to "August". That's only one change as far as I can see, and most likely means the merge will no longer come by the 31st of July (seeing as it has already been and gone) but by the 31st of August.

Spiffing,
Gen.D

itsjustme

Professional

Monday, August 6th 2012, 7:07pm

I think a better use of the devs time would be spent actually working on the merge (as they are) rather than telling you when it will hopefully be finished, don't you?

CapeX and I are the horses' mouths. The devs are employed to develop. We're employed to talk. And anyway, they would simply tell you exactly the same thing, just in programming-speak. And probably in German.

Remember, the merge is supposed to be an improvement to the game. It's not coursework that needs to be submitted by a certain deadline. GAS don't have to merge worlds, they could just leave them as they are. Also, GAS are currently juggling several projects, some of which run into obstacles now and then and therefore require more attention. The point is, if thery're going to get it right the first time, it's going to take time. Hurry up and be patient already. Your impatience is seriously starting to test my patience :P

Anyway, we were first of all told "July 31st". That was then postponed to "August". That's only one change as far as I can see, and most likely means the merge will no longer come by the 31st of July (seeing as it has already been and gone) but by the 31st of August.

Spiffing,
Gen.D

8o 8| :huh: :D

Thanks I needed a good laugh today...think I will print this out, change a couple of company words and spam my office with it so we can all get a laugh 8)

OK, moving on now...

erialc

Intermediate

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 2:59pm

GAS don't have to merge worlds, they could just leave them as they are.

Thanks for reminding all of us how grateful we should be......*wonders if he just watched a Fawlty Towers episode*
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Tuesday, August 7th 2012, 9:50pm

Spiffing,
Gen.D

Really, so they literally spend their ENTIRE day just working, no breaks, no goofing about or slowing down? It would take them about 20-30 minutes to just pop on the forum and tell us stuff.

LOL GaS don't have to do anything? We players "don't have to" play Holy War, Tagoria, AI Wars or Glory Wars, but we do. If GaS want to stay in business then they DO have to DO something otherwise you'll continue losing players until it'll cost them more to run the game and their staff than it makes them back.

Yes, its supposed to be an improvement to the game, and no doubt just like the Arena and the tournaments and EVERY other update it will go ever so smoothly and not be buggy as hell or fail and end up giving us players a whole load of headache and annoyance.

If we're starting to test your patience well too bad, thats what being a "customer service" representative is about. I did it at shop floor level for over 4 years.. Be glad you're not face to face with people who (for example a video rental chain) where they'll throw 2 litre bottles of drink at you and scream because you won't let them rent when they forgot their membership card and have no I.D.

Try to understand, we wouldn't be moaning if GaS were actually capable of at least giving us an update that actually worked. I don't care if something comes late, if we're told that they need to run more tests on it or whatever, instead of delaying it over and over again, then uploading it to find it doesn't work.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 12:10am

You all are doing a good job :thumbsup: keep up the good work. Thanks for the update and I am sure when you know more you will pass it on to us players. ;)
:thumbsup: I SMILE AT YOU SO YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M UP TOO :thumbsup:

BENCH401 W1
BENCH401 W7
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

SoGgy

Trainee

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 12:18am

Hmmmm

GAS keeps working on it and, despite our complaints, we continue to stay. Why is that??? Could it be that we have been unable to find a better choice out there? I've thought of leaving several times but continue to stay. A lot of friends here. I've tried other games and they have ALL been money pits so far. You can't do anything without paying for it. Here, we have tixxers to deal with, but still, the game itself is just premium payment mainly. I'll stick for now. I'm hoping the merger process will kick things up a notch. (returns to his tree-stump with his coffee) :whistling:

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 4:42am

Hmm...apparently, I have that proverbially can of worms...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 11:24am

It would take them about 20-30 minutes to just pop on the forum and tell us stuff.

Communication between the devs and the players/customers typically works via support, Shadowed Thief. That is nothing new, really. And GameArt Studio is certainly not the only company with a structure like this.

The developers know the forum and read it when their time allows it. Of course we can explicitely go and ask them to come here, but they are a bunch of shy genius' to begin with. They would just fall victim to certain people's charme on here. I will still go and ask them, if that is pleasing you.

Meanwhile, continue to communicate with us, please. We are fairly able to forward all there is, and we are perfectly suited to the beautiful and competitive environment that is the Holy War arena forum.

CApeX

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 11:27am

ST, thank you, I now understand your point of view better. You're right, giving deadlines and then breaking them is pretty irritating. Work has beenl going on with the merge, but work has also been going on in Tagoria (another GAS game) for the new international world for example, as well as sorting out a new patch to smooth over these latest bugs. "Unforeseeable circumstances" as they would be called in the business world.

We haven't started testing the merge yet at our level, but that usually comes a week or so in advance. But we'll be sure to let you know.

I think the conclusion we've come to is that there's no hurry. And don't be offended if there are delays. I think GAS do considerably better than the London train network :P

itsjustme

Professional

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 11:56am

I think the conclusion we've come to is that there's no hurry. And don't be offended if there are delays. I think GAS do considerably better than the London train network :P

And this is FREE!!!*

sorta

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 12:02pm

It would take them about 20-30 minutes to just pop on the forum and tell us stuff.

Communication between the devs and the players/customers typically works via support, Shadowed Thief. That is nothing new, really. And GameArt Studio is certainly not the only company with a structure like this.

The developers know the forum and read it when their time allows it. Of course we can explicitely go and ask them to come here, but they are a bunch of shy genius' to begin with. They would just fall victim to certain people's charme on here. I will still go and ask them, if that is pleasing you.

Meanwhile, continue to communicate with us, please. We are fairly able to forward all there is, and we are perfectly suited to the beautiful and competitive environment that is the Holy War arena forum.

CApeX

If they were Geniuses then every update ever made by them would have worked perfectly and wouldn't have been buggy as hell :P and especially the updates which have caused battles and holy battles to fail royally!

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 12:16pm

when you do eventually test it please make sure as many of the bugs have been gotten out as possible.. We don't want to see a repeat of the Arena XP bug :whistling:

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 12:56pm

*salutes* Yes, Sir!

:rolleyes:

Friday, August 10th 2012, 5:59pm

Here's a stupid question...is there any way that they can make 100% sure that all the bugs are out of it before they roll it out? I would assume it would be like any patch/update...you never know what kind of real-life situation that may come up, that you weren't able to simulate...

Friday, August 10th 2012, 11:48pm

Here's a stupid question...is there any way that they can make 100% sure that all the bugs are out of it before they roll it out? I would assume it would be like any patch/update...you never know what kind of real-life situation that may come up, that you weren't able to simulate...

They are, that is why the DE worlds are going first. 8)
:thumbsup: I SMILE AT YOU SO YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M UP TOO :thumbsup:

BENCH401 W1
BENCH401 W7
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Monday, August 13th 2012, 2:09pm

Hi,

I believe Mr. Bench has hit the nail on the proverbial head: the guys at GAS know how much the English-speaking players hate bugs, so have decided to infest the Germans with them first... All we have to do is sit back and watch them squirm :D

Cheers!
Gen.D

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Monday, August 13th 2012, 4:57pm

OMG GD. I just spit coffee all over my desk laughing at your post and hereing them throwing a fit. I bet it goes something like this lol. Mind you this is just a joke 8o

was ist das? Administrator Ich habe 10 Milliarden Mark auf tix verbrachte und das Spiel ist unterbrochen. Machen Sie jetzt Reparaturen. verstehen Sie. :evil: :cursing:
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

• "Kentucky Knight" started this thread

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 5:11pm

Leave it to me, to ask the obvious...so, how are things going with the merged worlds? I haven't heard too much, was just wondering what types of bugs was encountered and such...

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 11:45am

It's going swimmingly, the ol' Sitting bug is attempting to come back and haunt us but otherwise I think only a few minor issues...Otherwise, the first group is very busy and still going strong :)

We'll keep you in the loop and give you plenty of notice before the next group is merged.

Cheers,
Gen.D

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 6:53pm

Are all of the merges going to be completed before the end of august?
W6 - Holy Leader - Active
W11 - Holy Leader - Active

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 10:43am

Hopefully.

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 5:36pm

Another question from me, Mr. Obvious, and it may not be in the correct place...but, in the merged worlds, I know that the markets are being seen across the merged worlds, is the same true with the merc stalls?

Friday, August 17th 2012, 3:11pm

Quoted

Orders:
- Orders can attack any other Order within the world group.
- Mercenaries and volunteers can also support Orders from different worlds.
- The army camp and mercenary register can be arranged by world.

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, August 17th 2012, 4:30pm

Any idea when the nest world group will get merged General D.
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Friday, August 17th 2012, 4:53pm

Next week work will start on it proper. Better get to work on those stats! :rolleyes:

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, August 17th 2012, 5:00pm

ROFLMAO oh yeah. hmm lvl 142 stats 360 to 400 vs W12DE players withs stats of 550 to 600 +. Hmm let me check my Lotto ticket. Nope not a winner so no mega stat jump for me. 8o

Thanks for the update though Gen D :thumbsup:
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 5:17am

Could someone remind me again what worlds are merging?

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 5:08pm

Further Information on the World Groups

Dear Players,

since the announcement of the world merge, the question on everyone's
lips has been which worlds will be merged with which. With this in mind,
we've taken plenty of time to consider this question, comprehensively
analysing the current number of players and activity in each world, as
well as calculating and simulating all possible combinations for the new
world groups.

The result is as follows: whilst maintaining the smallest possible level
difference, the best combination of group size and activity is
determined by the averages of the top level players in each world,
including those of different languages.

All of these groups will therefore be big enough to cater for plenty of
activity and interaction. They will also be evenly matched enough so
that none of the worlds will have a significant level advantage.

Group 1: 1DE, 2DE, 3DE, 4DE, 5DE, 6DE, 7DE

Group 2: 1EN, 2EN, 3EN, 4EN, 5EN, 1ES,2ES, 3ES, 4ES, 8DE, 9DE, 10DE, 12DE

Group 3: 6EN, 7EN, 5ES, 6ES, 7ES, 8ES, 1FR, 2FR, 1IT, 1PL, 2PL, 1RU, 11DE

Group 4: 8EN, 9EN, 9ES, 1PT, 2PT, 2IT, 3PL, 2RU, 1TR, 1NL, 13DE, 14DE

Group 5: 10EN, 11EN, 10ES, 3FR, 3PT, 3IT, 4PL, 3RU, 4RU, 2TR, 3TR, 4TR, 2NL, 3NL, 1AR, 2AR, 3AR

Group 6: 12EN, 11ES, 4FR, 4IT, 5PL, 5RU, 4AR, 15DE

Worlds being merged with other worlds will be able to interact in the following ways:

Players can attack players from other worlds, write messages and share
the Shoutbox of their respective languages. Recruitment is also possible
across the connected worlds. Similarly, Orders and Arena Teams can take
on Orders and Teams from different worlds. Mercenaries can be hired and
volunteers can take part in all battles within their world group.

You will be able to try out all of these new developments in August.

We're convinced that these world constellations and their shared
features will put the wind back in Holy War's sails, and are looking
forward to the merge as much as you are.

Your Holy War Team
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 1:42am

So...is the plan to roll out the world merges weekly? IE. group 1 went last week, group 2 will be the next, group 3, so on and so forth? Or, will the next merge be the rest of the groups?

Monday, August 20th 2012, 9:56am

Of course, as the devs get the hang of it, they will be able to merge worlds at a much faster rate. I don't know if ALL the remaining worlds will be merged next, but certainly the next few groups will be merged over the next couple of weeks.