You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jim pruitt

Intermediate

• "jim pruitt" started this thread

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 2:53pm

Team Tournement

How is it we can have a Knights Tournement and a Gladiators Tournement sorted by level yet in the team tourny it is not sorted the same. i realize the numbers are low in these tourny's but have you ever stopped to wonder why. Our IN2 team fought in the last one and of course did not make it anywhere since we ran into Giants right off the get go. Couldn't GAS sort us into leagues by say average levels of the team. It would probably increase participation. To me it is not worth the gold to enter for a couple of XP when I know our lowly level 26 team is gonna have to fight level lvl 80"S to God forbid the 150+ crowd.
Just asking
Thanks
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

cuzman

Beginner

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 3:38pm

I agree with you on this Jim I never noticed really as I don't take part in the team and only sometimes in knights/gladiator but I proberbly would if the teams were put into leagues by level I don't understand how GAS could of kept it like that its literally impossible for an INT world to win a team tournament :thumbsup:

Occupation: What do I do for a living? well, there are several things, but mainly: breathing and eating :D

Friday, July 6th 2012, 11:27am

Simple answer:
Because there are not enough team to form more than one league.Therefore, I would say replace the team tourney with another Holy Battle. It's Holy War anyway, not Holt Tournament :cursing:
Please be patient God is not finish with me yet :D

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Friday, July 6th 2012, 1:33pm

Ben evidently you did not read the post completly. I said numbers are low and why. If the other tourny's were the same , one league onl,y you would not have high numbers for them either. If GAS were to make the team tourny the same the numbers would go up i feel.
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Friday, July 6th 2012, 7:48pm

I think my suggestion is the most plausible. http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…9476&highlight=

It does need some major rehauling with all game worlds being lumped in. 80% of the teams probably don't even participate because there is no chance..
W1 muck4doo

W2 Dinosaur

W3 Pagan Uprising

cuzman

Beginner

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 3:08pm

Your right Margret I have read you proposal and find it rather good I don't see why GAS has not implemented it yet

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Sunday, July 8th 2012, 2:01am

.Very good Idea. It would definatly even things out quite a bit. 8o
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
MOD -618

Caradoc

Trainee

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:22am

Originally, it was based on average level. But that was not fair as you could have 1 level 150 and 6 level 11's, for an average of 31, against 4 level 125's and they would never win despite having the higher average.

I think my suggestion is the most plausible. http://forum.holy-war.de/board/wbb_en/in…9476&highlight=

It does need some major rehauling with all game worlds being lumped in. 80% of the teams probably don't even participate because there is no chance..
The double elimination aspect could help, but you can still manipulate the numbers to gain the advantage. When there is only 1 league, you simply have to have the highest statted player to win. Maybe there could be a more random aspect to this tournament. Maybe players are randomly assigned, or assigned based on level. Or you could have the teams assigned in the order that players sign up.

In all honesty, I doubt there is a fair way to make this work, so just go back to 2 HB's a month :thumbup:
w2=Caradoc [Pagan] w5=Lord Kerak [TUA] w8=Little Sin [SOULS] w9=Sinbad [Arabs] w10=Caradoc [CLUB] w11=Nevyn [OTIS] w12=Sinbad [FAT] INT1=Caradoc [HPC]

HW:?: 2 words.... X P