You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 12:49am

Worst things about going to a Gaming Store

1. The smells. Young men simply stink- some worse than others.
2. The Fashions. If your shirt has more than one hole in it- no it's not ok to wear it out.
3. The stinky Thai food from the next door eatery. Combined with #1- Save me
4. Knowing you are in a gaming store and staying.
5. The Fashions #2- The smell test fashion decider
6. You being overweight and not even coming close to the obesity in the store.
7. People seeing you walk into a gaming store.
8. And for people still playing this game----missing a plunder because you are face to face gaming.
9. Bathing is not an option unless you are from the UK :thumbsup:

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 3:07am

that's why I play online games and buy anything online, I hardly ever go out in public
my shirts have at least 5 holes in them-1 for each arm, 1 for torso and head each and at least one other misc hole along the bottom from opening a beer bottle
I hardly ever shower, since I'm not from the UK, it's highly frowned upon, but since I hardly ever go out, it's a non-issue
My fashion is usually comfy pants, i.e. cotton sleep/loungewear and a plain white v-neck t-shirt with at least 1 stain and above said misc hole

Did someone mention Thai food, be right back....
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 8:22pm

Most annoying thing for me when I go to GAME (Electronique Boutique in the USA) is that not ONE of their staff knows anything about any games, unless they are psychological horror games like Dead Space.

They don't even know about anything older than a Pentium 2, the little oiks :thumbdown:
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

fatrobin

Intermediate

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 8:36pm

last time i went into a GAME here in the UK... i got a free poster... didn't buy anything mind you... talked to a member of staff about yu-gi-oh as well if i remember rightly... thats not a psycho horror... its ummm a card game...
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 6:57pm

Game Store vs Video Game Boutique

A truly manly game store has magic cards, yu-gi-oh cards, miniatures, paints for the miniatures and places to play games. A video game boutique mainly deals with game system consoles, individual games for these consoles and computer games. They might possibly have booster packs for magic under the counter. This post is for clarification only.

fatrobin

Intermediate

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 3:04pm

GAME has magic, yu gi oh and video game stuff... even a small range of PC games Oo
Games Workshop is a shop which if given the choice i would live in... it has the minatures, paints and places to play the game

7 is the only one which i suffer from as games workshops like having big windows on the shop front... and i am usually the most unfit person in there (i am overweight... 16stone 6 pounds... "healthy weight" ends somewhere in the 15 stones) ... unless my sister is tagging along...

i know of only a small amount of shops in the UK which completely fit your definition of a game store... most of them are called "antics" (i.e. the shop name)
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Saturday, September 17th 2011, 5:25pm

I have to aagree with you whole heartedly. My wife calls gamestop the stink store :D and when you ask a question the have no clue what you want unless it is some new crazy game that has no plot other than to blow up the world of a bunch of wlking dead folks. I asked about a few pc games like mech war or D&D and they looked at me like I was insaine or from an other world.
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 11:36pm

I recently visited a game store in another community. This store actually had some video game consoles (quarter machines) and sold game cartridges to most popular game systems. Other game stores will sometimes stock comics; vintage sports cards and sports memorabilia. I guess there is no clear answer what makes a game store. I do feel that the chain electronic video game store is a different beast than the mom and pop game store.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 4:45am

You see a beautiful girl looking at the dice samples and you start looking at the dice and forget about the beautiful girl :-) Sad when that happens....

Wednesday, December 14th 2011, 6:49am

You see a beautiful girl looking at the dice samples and you start looking at the dice and forget about the beautiful girl :-) Sad when that happens....

I have you beat on that one. I was attending a gaming convention a number of years ago (before I met my wife) when I ran into this breathtaking girl at the registration desk. She was quite friendly and she was actually a gamer, but my gaming schedule was completely full and since I'm not always very perceptive I didn't notice until much later that she was flirting with me. After multiple visits to the desk to "ask for directions" (and I actually did need directions, because it was the first time the convention was being held in that hotel), I was in the middle of a live action role playing game (the first and last time I ever tried *that*) at around 8:30 when my brain caught up with me and screamed at me (quite literally), "What in the holy heck are you doing, you idjit?!" It was only then that it occurred to me that this phenomenally beautiful girl was interested in me, so I immediately got up and, without explanation, left the game and ran down to the registration desk.

Of course, by that time, the registration desk was closed and she was gone.

Although I came back the next day, she wasn't at the desk and when I asked for her no one had her contact information as she was a new volunteer and they'd never met her before that day. So... I kicked myself and figured I'd never see her again. Turned out I was wrong, though.

Six months later, there I am at another gaming convention (very much hoping to meet her again), when I see her at the registration desk. No way she'd remember me, I figure; she probably gets hit on all the time, but she happens to see me out of the corner of her eye and although I'm about 20 feet away and there's a crowd of people between us, she calls out my name and tells me she's happy to see me again. Being the rather direct sort, I tell her I've been kicking myself for the last six months because she's one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever met, I totally wasn't thinking straight the last time, and I wished I had asked her out previously.

To which she responds (believe it or not), "yeah, I wish you'd asked me out, too, because then I wouldn't be married to the loser I'm married to now." Shortly afterward, she proceeds to invite me up to her hotel room.

*Sigh*

And of course, one of my nasty little personality quirks is that in a race between my libido and my conscience, my conscience always has a faster reaction time, so I ended up (politely) refusing, saying I couldn't do that with a married woman. I kicked myself for that a few hours later, but then I guess it all eventually worked out.

Not exactly a gaming "store," per se, but the same kind of environment. I don't know that I've ever seen a beautiful girl in any gaming store I've ever been in, although there's a somewhat "pretty" girl in the local gaming store here. Not that I'd do anything with her, given that I'm happily married, and she's not overly attractive, but I gotta say that the fact that she's a gamer definitely adds a few points.

Thursday, December 15th 2011, 1:45am

GAME are gonna be selling rubbish cheap watches too :D

Not a problem for me as I can just wear the Breitling Dad bought :D or one of his big butt diver watches
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24