You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GulFalco

Unregistered

Saturday, February 16th 2008, 11:39pm

the world 3 game imbalance

many people wonder why Christians armies so frequently lose even when our sides have a numeric and level advantage
now granted, it is in part do to a very low level of average participation by Christian players as opposed to the high level by Pagans & possibly Saracens too
BUT THERE IS A MUCH MORE MASSIVE PROBLEM
if you look at the stats of a number of Pagan players they are off the charts!
in comparison to most players
now obviously many of them have spent huge amounts of $ to do this
but hey, great for the Holy War people, they deserve to get payed
however, unless a number of Christian players are suddenly willing to fork over tons of $(i know i cannot)
we will continue to lose battle after battle to these largely Pagan super tixxer characters that play this game on almost a round the clock basis...

Monday, February 18th 2008, 3:59pm

It is always quality that counts and not quantity. I guess at the end it comes down to commitment.
AC of GoD (W3)

GulFalco

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 2:18am

It is always quality that counts and not quantity. I guess at the end it comes down to commitment.

money = commitment, dat made me laugh :D

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 8:01am

money = commitment, dat made me laugh :D
Here money does equalt to commitment. I was being a little diplomatic. If you have the dough then you will grow.
AC of GoD (W3)

Sain Cai

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 8:21am

Think of it as a challenge boss. The game gets kinda boring if the same side always wins. Maybe now we will see different outcomes in the Holy Battles.

By the Way, you can always merc me ya know. I fight for the highest bidder

Wednesday, February 20th 2008, 10:05am

the vibe i got from this post is your saying that a big percent of the pagans are tixxers, but this is not true, alot of the higher level pagans, actually alot of the higher lvl anything on w3 most likley came over from w2 or w1, i play both w2 and w3 and i have a lvl 32 on w2 and a lvl 21 on w3 but i am not a tixxer, nor is my leader on w3 (he is also my AC on w2). and as a matter of fact i know alot of other players who have REALLY GOOD stats who are not tixxers. But yes there is alot of Tixxers in the game, There is probly just the same Christian TiXXers then Pagan/sacaren you just dont see them as much cuz there are so many of u christians. maby u guys should all work with each other and help eachother in battles rather then come here and b1tch and accuse all of us high lvl pagans to being tixxers. i buy tics... yes i buy 1 a month for my prem, am i a tixxer? i use it to get more plunder time and save attack time.

-Killa

Wednesday, February 20th 2008, 11:56am

I am in agreement with Sain Cai, about looking at it as challange that is. I played Runescape for years and never once became a member. Now I am ranked up there with the highest lvls and the richest players. This game is no different.

GulFalco

Unregistered

Wednesday, February 20th 2008, 6:25pm

yes i buy 1 a month for my prem, am i a tixxer? i use it to get more plunder time and save attack time.

-Killa

no, being prem does not make one a tixxer
and besides that, all those people who are tixxers help make this site possible
however, about tixxers being an evenly dispersed thing in w3 like in w2 is simply not true
w3 is currently filled with far more high level Pagans whose stats cannot be explained by their gold hauls
and i am really not complaining about this
so much as pointing it out as one of the reasons Christian Orders so often lose battle they would otherwise win
these people have spent alot $ & play literally around the clock some of them
and faithfully participate in all battles they can against the Christian side
also, with their 40plus stats to some even having 50s, the whole notion of battle participants and average level helping one determine the outcome
is made irrelevant because these factors do not included absurd stats
and, of course there is nothing to be done about it except find more people with bottomless pockets that want to play Christian characters
or hope at least some people that are making a mockery of the game dynamics get bored with it and go away 8o

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 2:41am

they prolly will go away eventually, i play this game when im not doing anything(thats alot of hours at night cuz i dont sleep alot. and im not in that mood anymore from when i posted lol. i understand u.

-Killa

Saturday, February 23rd 2008, 1:53am

I do not really see the point here gentlemen.

Have we Christians yet lost a Holy Battle?

I mean, the war is ultimately what we care about - so long as Holy Battle enrollment is retained, and continues to increase, I see no reason for any actual complaining.

Of course tixxers will arise, but if you look at our leaders we have none too few ourselves.

The ultimate point here is that if the Christian soldiers as a whole were more organized and commited, then the Pagans (the ones who oppose us) and the Saracens (all of them) would not be winning so many order battles.

What was to be expected anyway? Our orders far outnumber theirs. We may have the numbers, as the gentleman pointed out earlier, but the commitment is just not there.

I participated in an order battle where I had to kill 2 christians (about level 1 or so), 1 saracen, and 2 pagans (the second did me in as well - but I killed 4 people, 2 of which had more skill then I) - the reason we lost was not numbers, we ended up with about 200 men...it was that 160 of those were level 1's.

People are signing up, and not knowing what to do, and not driven enough to find out, they are giving order battle participaters false hope.
Sir Regenald of Yorkshire

STRENGTH AND HONOR

Saturday, April 5th 2008, 5:20am

"The ultimate point here is that if the Christian soldiers as a whole were more organized and commited, then the Pagans (the ones who oppose us) and the Saracens (all of them) would not be winning so many order battles."

You've hit the nail on the head.
www.templarhistory.com

Sunday, April 6th 2008, 4:13pm

Here is a perfect example of what is being discussed.

A battle just concluded between the Nord Vikings and the Council of Templars.

Vikings win 121 out of 177 fights.

With 11 minutes left to go before the battle only 6 out of 17 Templar members were in the camp and only 55 volunteers - DESPITE the fact that the Counciil of Templars has 9 other orders as allies.

The problem seems to be twofold.

1/ lack of support inside and outside the Christian Orders
2/ Lack of planning on the part of Christian Orders
www.templarhistory.com

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gondemar" (Apr 7th 2008, 4:49am)

Monday, April 7th 2008, 12:05am

This is not about Christian vs Saracen. It is about grinding for a eternity.
This is the weapon I want to get in this game a Zweihander.:)