You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 12:32pm

New Sitting Rule = Death of Game

Way to go GAS, you probably just weeded out the last of your Veteran players with this one.

60 Days PER year? You have to be Nucking Futs

The only reason us 2 year Vet players are still even here is because of your previous Sitting rule

And as much as I'm sure you all at GAS would LOVE to see me go, I wouldn't be the only one leaving after 60 days

Congrats GAS. You dun killed your baby :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Nakor

Beginner

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 1:03pm

The other thing is you can't get sitter for just one battle when you're not awake. You have to leave it for 24 hours. :thumbdown:

Honestly this is the only one thing that really annoys me with this upgrade.

Why did they have to do it? :cursing:

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 1:15pm

The other thing is you can't get sitter for just one battle when you're not awake. You have to leave it for 24 hours. :thumbdown:
So what? You can still log on yourself, bumping your sitter off your account. The only thing you can't do is appoint a new sitter.

So, if you have two battles the same day, and you can't be there for either of them, you have to use the same sitter for both.

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 3:44pm

Yes, because one player controlling half a dozen accounts for months on end using the sitting tool was such a nice thing.... :rolleyes:

I don't think that this will be all that bad. For more than one day per week, you can have a sitter, and if you really can't be online much of the time, it means deciding how serious you really are about staying competitive in the game.

Underground

Intermediate

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 4:24pm

Large if you need a sitter more than 60 days out of the year then something is wrong. Either that or you should stop trying to be so competitive seeing as you are being sat WAY too much.

Nakor

Beginner

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 4:26pm

So what? You can still log on yourself, bumping your sitter off your account. The only thing you can't do is appoint a new sitter.
OK maybe that means I didn't understand this rule well "You may only sit one (1) account at any one time, and cannot stop sitting an account for at least 24 hours." what if you can't bump your sitter for 24 hours?
if you really can't be online much of the time, it means deciding how serious you really are about staying competitive in the game.
It's not how much time I can spend online, I sit in front of the computer all day, the thing is I do not really know if I want to. To be honest I only use sitter if order battle is in the middle of the night for me. That was what I meant.

I am sorry if you didn't understand my comment.

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 5:21pm

Yes, because one player controlling half a dozen accounts for months on end using the sitting tool was such a nice thing.... :rolleyes:

I don't think that this will be all that bad. For more than one day per week, you can have a sitter, and if you really can't be online much of the time, it means deciding how serious you really are about staying competitive in the game.

You really think this will kill off the perma-sit orders? It just means now that you have to have at least six accounts, and you run them round robin. Period 1, you play character 1 and sit 2-6, period 2 you start playing character 2 and sit 1 plus 3-6, etc, etc.

If they want to kill off perma-sitters, they should just make a freaking RULE saying so, and review each incident!!!! I know GAS wants to spend as little time as possible manually interacting with HW, but that's why it's a PAID JOB.

"Rule 462. Accounts sat by one (1) person for more than 60 days in any one (1) year period may be reviewed by HWT at any time, without advanced notice. Sitting may then be disabled between these accounts, permanently, at HWT's sole discretion."

Really, HWT, either hire folks to enforce the rules, or stop enforcing them at all. Clearly this ever-tightening circle of restrictions isn't having the desired effect.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

libertarian

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 9:55pm

Here we go again! Let's take a history lesson here.

People were cheating, the honest asked that something be done. Along comes the sitting tool. Not bad, just restricted what you could and couldn't do for the person you were sitting.

People still were using passwords and selling equipment for those they were "sitting" which is clearly outside of the sitter tool, so once again, the cheaters continue to cheat and the honest people demanded action.

Now comes this new rule... only 1 account to sit at a time. Only 60 days per year. Once again, the honest player gets more restrictions upon him and the cheaters will just go back to where we were in the beginning.

Nothing has changed and the cheaters continue to rule while the honest get the shaft.

Pfffttt... Look for more players to leave when the premium runs out.

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 10:04pm

OK maybe that means I didn't understand this rule well "You may only sit one (1) account at any one time, and cannot stop sitting an account for at least 24 hours." what if you can't bump your sitter for 24 hours?
They use this exact same wording in AI-War, which had this change first.

If you log on, it bumps your sitter off your account, but leaves them marked as your sitter, just as it has since they added the sitting tool. They're still your sitter until either you cancel the sit invitation or they cancel their acceptance of it--so they show up as your sitter on your profile, they can't attack you or buy your stuff, they can't sit anyone else, you can't be sat by anyone else, and they can resume sitting you once you log off. The only change is that neither of you can cancel for 24 hours.

And here's why they changed that:
You really think this will kill off the perma-sit orders? It just means now that you have to have at least six accounts, and you run them round robin. Period 1, you play character 1 and sit 2-6, period 2 you start playing character 2 and sit 1 plus 3-6, etc, etc.
Nope, this won't work, unless you only want to do 12 plunders/week for each account. You can't sit 2-6 all in the same day.

So, this does solve the perma-sitting problem.

I suppose you could still have 6 real players collectively running 7 accounts between them, as long as they didnt mind the 7th account missing 5-6 days/year, and as long as they rotate between the accounts they log into directly. But that's really not a serious exploit, and it's the only hole left.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "falcotron" (Dec 2nd 2009, 11:31pm)

libertarian

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 10:19pm

Another flaw in this: Your account can only be sat for 60 days each year. This means 3 different players can sit you 20 days each and after that, all sitting is done. It doesn't mean that six different people can sit you 60 days each.

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 11:05pm

What they're doing is exactly what Dradaki, Vedauwoo, and others were demanding for months: Create a sitting tool that actually enforces all of the rules, then they only have to enforce the "no sharing passwords--use the sitting tool" rule.

If I were in charge, I wouldn't even bother to enforce that rule. Instead, every so often, if the admins see people sharing passwords, they'd just log into the password-shared account and sell off all of its gear. When one of those players complains about being "hacked," just say, "Hey, you were sharing your password, and we told you that was both against the rules and dangerous and that we wouldn't compensate you for any losses caused by doing so. In fact, you're going on the pillory so everyone can laugh at you."

It wouldn't take too many incidents like that for people to learn their lesson. :evil:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "falcotron" (Dec 2nd 2009, 11:31pm)

itsjustme

Professional

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 11:07pm

perhaps I shouldn't say anything, or perhaps I should report it, but the ""You may only sit one (1) account at any one time..." part does not yet to be enforced. I have had 2 ppl appoint me as their sitter several days ago and they are still there and still accessible...
So either the update didn't change it or it's a bug or they are allowing a grace period to allow sat accounts to be reset by their owner...
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Noble

Professional

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 2:12am

What they're doing is exactly what Dradaki, Vedauwoo, and others were demanding for months: Create a sitting tool that actually enforces all of the rules, then they only have to enforce the "no sharing passwords--use the sitting tool" rule.

If I were in charge, I wouldn't even bother to enforce that rule. Instead, every so often, if the admins see people sharing passwords, they'd just log into the password-shared account and sell off all of its gear. When one of those players complains about being "hacked," just say, "Hey, you were sharing your password, and we told you that was both against the rules and dangerous and that we wouldn't compensate you for any losses caused by doing so. In fact, you're going on the pillory so everyone can laugh at you."

It wouldn't take too many incidents like that for people to learn their lesson. :evil:
Good luck enforcing that one, probably the only people that would be sharing their passwords would only share them with people they trust anyway. (Their OM's, AC's, and/or RL friends probably.)

That would be silly though. Suppose the person is sharing their password with a real life friend of theirs whom they trust only. What are the odds that their friend would hack their account and sell off all their gear? Pretty low I'd say, and if HWT were to do that it would show a lack of morals on their part and they would probably quickly lose all of their customers and have no revenue. I doubt they would want that to happen, considering they keep introducing newer more inventive ways of making money.
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO] (Christian), W4EN Nobility [Aloha] (Pagan), W6 EN Mr Credit Card (Christian), W8 EN Noble [BS] (Pagan)
Tagoria: W1 EN The Redeemer, W3 EN Noble
AI Wars: W1 EN Nobility

Rider

Beginner

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 4:53am

I have been away from the game for a few months but left because of the mulit account holders (ie pro sitters) who controlled whole orders in some cases.

This change in the sitting rule is one of the best things that GAS has done in a long time. If you do not have the time to play (a couple of hours a day) then don't... Leave the account sit for a few days if needed. At the higher levels it does not change that quickly. It is only in the new worlds that it is important to live in the game and get a good start.

With these changes I will look to get back into the older worlds now as they will become fun again...

Underground

Intermediate

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 6:01am

Wouldnt it just be easy enough to log into their account using their password? People used to do it this way before the sitting tool came out.

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 7:34am

Wouldnt it just be easy enough to log into their account using their password? People used to do it this way before the sitting tool came out.
That's against the rules, and has been since the sitting tool came out.

I think one of the main reasons for the sitting tool is that it's much easier for the admns to check "Did Joe log into Bob's account?" than "Did Joe log into Bob's account, and violate any of the 38 different rules while doing so?" Now, if Joe logs into Bob's account, even if he doesn't break any of those 38 rules, they can punish him.

libertarian

Unregistered

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 3:52pm

That's against the rules, and has been since the sitting tool came out.

Yeah, and when given concrete, irrefutable evidence that the rules were being broken, they did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It is my belief that they will continue to do absolutely nothing and we'll be right back to square one and all of the resources they spent coding the sitting tool in the first place, then changing it to where we are now will have been for nothing as people will go back to sharing passwords. The very next time I see evidence and present it and get no results, I will leave the game and I will be VERY vocal about it. It remains obvious to me that all they care about is money. As long as the person playing multi accounts continues to buy tickets for all of the accounts, they will be happy. Especially if one of the accounts is one of the largest tixxed accounts in it's world. Also, the number of "registered users" increases the value of their ad sales, so accounts who have been "frozen" for well over a year will remain for that reason.

The game is rapidly losing appeal and if I leave I won't miss it one bit.

Friday, December 4th 2009, 8:23pm

Where do I begin with this sitters tool change? First off, I do understand what is trying to be done here. I am sure there
are those in this game who will cheat and use multi accounts no matter what changes are made. On that note I find it sad for the rest of us who play this game in an honest fashion and it seems that we pay the price for those who are not. I find that irritating and frustrating as hell. Since the change has been implemented I have heard more complaints and more people upset and either leaving or threatening to leave since I have been on this game. I am an order master of a large order and this is not just over the order or myself, it is concerning many incidents that have happened on this game since I have been playing it. People I have helped with the sitters tool. So I want to share a few things here for people to see why I am so against the new change of the sitters tool.....First example I will use is a friend of mine lost his internet this summer and was not able to get it reconnected for 90 days. This is not about money and not being able to afford internet, this is about pure time span of how long it took to acquire the internet being hookup. Now if the 60 days had been in effect then he would have had 30 days of no working, or anything else to keep him in the running with others his level. He had worked hard on that account up to this point and it would have been a waste if it had sat there and fallen so far behind. Another incident was a woman in my order who's brother was killed in a car accident. I told her to set it for as long as she needed because how do you tell someone to get over the death of their brother in 60 days. She did come back after a month but again I say how do you tell someone to quit grieving in the set time span of 60 days. I have two right now that are both working fathers....one is trying to go to school to better himself and work and raise a family of 3 children....the other is trying to work 7 days a week overtime to save enough to give his wife and
children a decent Christmas. The problem I see with the sitters tool now as it is with the limitation of 1 person and 60 days of 365 days of a year is like they are trying to tell us our real life isn't as important as this game and I find that my real life and every other person that I know is much more important than a game. We are hear to enjoy ourselves and to enjoy the company of other people and to band together in orders and alliances to stand a common ground. We are not here to be told that if take 1 day a week off from this game and have a sitter along with 1 weeks vacation then you have used up your 60 days and can not have any real life emergencies or accidents or incidents that someone can help you out with because they think this enough time for us. Well I for one have to say I do not like this new change. And not because of any other reason than online games are about fun and meeting people and making new friends and helping each other out and bonding together as groups. I'm sick that those who have not been honest in this game have caused GAS to create this new change and ruin it for all of us who are honest in the game. I think it will cause alot of problems and alot of people will leave this game. I am already watching it across 4 worlds. It's a shame. I hope the English world will stand strong against it like the German worlds have. It needs to be back the way it was....or at least change it to limit sitting to 3 people....and a minimum of 120 days.

And also if you sit someone they cannot sit you....another dumb thing. I use to sit one person who also sat me because we trust each other. He is 350 miles away from where I live in real life and we are not on same ip address nor are we in the same orders. What is the deal with that? I also only trust so many with sitting my character. Not just anyone can do that as far as I'm concerned. So this whole sitter's tool thing has truly ruined it for many people who were enjoying playing and having someone they trust sit them. I for one want to see it with less limits and time barriers.
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

crescentia

Intermediate

Saturday, December 5th 2009, 8:08pm

I think the same like LadyVos, the new sittings rules are too strict, for someone who is in an order with allies and lots of battles and who is not the whole day and night online.
Most of the battles are in my rl-working time or sleeping time,I think many players are thinking about to leave their orders, because they can´t be online 24/7.
And no one wants to be a battle cow or spend the whole day in an army camp.
For someone, who is a merc or who is orderless its okay.They can choose, if they wish to fight.
I´m against those who are cheating with Multis and I think those ppl should be punished.
But GAS is now punishing everyone with the new rules,who played here fair.
Think there is still a way to find out, who is Multi and who not.
And Multis will still find a way to cheat here. :rolleyes: And I hope, they will find everyone who is cheating.
when you think, that I´m sometimes a bit strange, then I would say,
you are right ^^

brianfoxy

Intermediate

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 12:48am

I'm happy they did this. It makes it easyer for them to see who is multi accounting. I will be lucky if I used 20 days of it. If you need more than 60 days then just sell your account. Good job H-W team^^

-Day I left HW, for good!

Never looking back!!!!

Take care all.

....... DONE ......

Walking away an accomplished man ;)

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:09am

I'm happy they did this. It makes it easyer for them to see who is multi accounting.
lmao^^ someone who want´s to cheat, does it :rolleyes: there is more than one way, to get around this simple id-check. even a kid could do this with some help from google or anything similar.

i prefere to have some cheaters around instead of this stupid new sitting rule..... big orders will have some problems at the battles and so on....

the only positive thing is, that the cow-rate will increase ^^
EN W9 - given away

DE W11 :thumbup:

Dradaki

Unregistered

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:12am

Well is it that the account itself can be sat for only 60 days out of the year or that a person can only sit the account for 60 days, then another can sit for 60 days?

In either case, 2 months out of the year should be sufficient for anyone to be sat. I realize some RL situations take priority and not to be heartless, but in LV's example how long will someone be away for after a death? I know there is a time to grieve, but to shut yourself out for over 2 months is not healthy. Also why would it take 90 days to get internet access back? I cant see why a company would take so long in installing net service to a customer, but people should also note they can goto their local library and use the net for an hour at a time.

In any case as said before if you are going to be gone for more then 2 months, you should probably give the account to someone and get it back when you are back.

Dradaki

Unregistered

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:14am

I'm happy they did this. It makes it easyer for them to see who is multi accounting.
lmao^^ someone who want´s to cheat, does it :rolleyes: there is more than one way, to get around this simple id-check. even a kid could do this with some help from google or anything similar.

i prefere to have some cheaters around instead of this stupid new sitting rule..... big orders will have some problems at the battles and so on....

the only positive thing is, that the cow-rate will increase ^^
Agreed, there are so many ways to have multiple accounts and never be tied to them is ridiculous. You know people know this and do them without fear of being caught.

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:18am

nothin´ to add^^ the only thing GAS does, is to run off the ol´ users and destroy the worlds.

GAS should get back to the old sitting-rules and tolerate pw-sitting again.

so long

-A3quitas-

post scriptum: sry about my bad english^^

edit: another question is, what should people do, who work only in some seasons or people, who have non-predictable working times (like a doctor or a surgeon and so on.....). they are pretty f*(bad word) up with this new rule.
EN W9 - given away

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "-A3quitas-" (Dec 6th 2009, 2:02am)

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 7:17am

I pretty much agree with both Dradaki and brianfoxy (quick, someone take a picture to prove it!). If you have real-life issues serious enough to force you away from the game for more than 2 months, you shouldn't be worrying about HW. It's just a game; your character's going to fall behind, but so what? Besides, the world you come back to is going to be very different from the one you left.

Get a friend to put your account up for sale (and sit it until the sale goes through) and give you the money. If you decide you want to come back to HW (and to the same world) after you've gotten over your loss or been released from jail or finished your tour on a submarine or whatever the situation is, you can buy a new character.

Also, a lot of people have been doing things that they don't think of as cheating, but are clearly exploits, and against the spirit of the rules. One person should not be able to dump a whole order into an ally battle (or throw a whole merc order into a deal); nobody should be seriously playing two characters at the same time; etc. This is exactly what people like Vedauwoo and Dradaki have been complaining about for a year, and nobody's come up with a good argument against them. (Did I just agree with Vedauwoo also? Get that picture notarized....)

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 1:58pm

the point is, that there are people, who doesn´t want to buy a new acc.
they´ve raised ther acc for a long time and don´t want another one
EN W9 - given away

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 2:25pm

the point is, that there are people, who doesn´t want to buy a new acc.
they´ve raised ther acc for a long time and don´t want another one
Then don't go away for a long time.

It's about priorities. If keeping your account up is a top priority in your life, you can be on 305 days/year. If it's not (and it really shouldn't be, but I'm not one to talk), then don't complain that you'll fall behind.

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 3:16pm

well, i don´t care ´bout that any more. i gave my english acc away, but there are rumors about people, who prefere their rl.
EN W9 - given away

Sunday, December 6th 2009, 5:36pm

I think the issue here is about the time span of 60 days only for someone to be sat.....and again if people want to cheat they will do it anyway and there isn't a thing that can be done to get rid of it as said before in another post. Making those of us who are honest about using the sitting tool suffer for the ones who cheat is my point. And Falcotron when people put effort and premium into an account for a year and have something real life to come up for a longer period of time to keep them from playing, they don't want to just throw away the effort. It's an investment of time and money for premium and now battle healing. Real life comes first for most people in this game but those of us that feel that way like to play it anyway but find it totally unfair the limitations put on it. Frankly speaking I cannot imagine anyone wanting to play a game 7 days a week 365 days a year less the 60 days though I know there are alot that do it. That is a huge investment of time. And in circumstances like I stated above regarding internet connection....you can't move a company any faster than they will go to hook you up and in some areas it's worse than others.....I find it insulting that everyone thinks that because you sit someone you are multi account situations because I know how honest our order has been and I also know that everyone in it enjoys the game even if they can't be online all the time. Point stating that they are trying to get people to make the game more important than real life and if that is the case real life will win and this game will collapse big time. I'm seeing it across 4 worlds now. More and more people leaving who were honestly playing the game but haven't got the time to do it constantly and will not be forced to choose between real life and a game. It's for relaxation and fun but you still invest alot of effort in your character and it's unreasonable to have to walk away and leave it sitting if real life calls and not have someone you trust be able to sit it for you and help out without limitations or at least 120 days for those who have work and family. The German world had 87% against the sitters tool last time I heard including game mods and admin......that says alot to me! I can't believe the English world doesn't feel the same though most don't even like to post in forums. But I have heard enough complaints thru my pm box for sure!
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Underground

Intermediate

Monday, December 7th 2009, 5:02am

I see LadyVos' point, and I see Dradaki's and my own here. On one hand being the OM of an order you want all your folks to be in the battle. If someone is gonna be gone, they ask you to sit them for a couple hours, you throw them into the battle camp, and then after the battle is done you put them to work for X amount of hours. (Usually)
LadyV sits for her order. She has a relatively large, and nicely put together Pagan cornerstone. Not being able to sit more than one person is kind of dumb. If you have an order of 35 chances are that at least 3 or 4 of them will need sitting at least once a week. With the new waiting 24 hours to sit someone else rule in place it is really hard to get these folks where they need to be.
It could also be seen in a different light. If you yourself are not able to come on then too bad. I do realize most of us have jobs. When I was working it was near impossible to get everything done on here and I had to cut back. I applaud those who have FT jobs and can still manage to run an order, and get everything done.
The one thing I have a problem with is the amount of days. My old AC in W3 has a tumor behind his eye. I am fairly sure 60 days will not be enough time. Seeing as he was unaware of these changes in the first place when he left. There are cases of people playing the game in a legit fashion that need an extension on this rule. I for one will not allow one of my good friends on here to sit idle because of some poorly thought out rule. Does this timer of 60 days renew at the first of the year?

Black Wind

Trainee

Monday, December 7th 2009, 7:33am

Cross World Sitting...

Most of you guys have been playing for a long time and in several worlds. I have no doubt that you have met trustworthy individuals who only play in one or 2 worlds. If there is someone in W3 who needs to take off for an extended period, have someone who doesn't play in W3 steward the account for several months. When the player returns, their account will probably still be relevant even if the steward only did plunders.

True, it requires a level of trust... but any form of sitting requires that. The account belongs to the individual who owns the registered e-mail account. So long as that remains the same there shouldn't be a problem. It doesn't break the multi-account rules since the steward has no other accounts in the world. It is a good way to introduce players from other worlds into worlds that they haven't been in before AND if the premium is paid up they get to play for free. Also, if your steward happens to be a player who has quit, maybe they will decide to jump into the game again.

As for my stance on the sitting changes, let's just say that many of my cows from particular orders have dried up. A sad day indeed. :(
*fades like a dream at dawn*

Slasher

Intermediate

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 10:57am

unreasonable changes

The only reason us 2 year Vet players are still even here is because of your previous Sitting rule

I agree. The new rules will cause many veteran players to finally leave. It unreasonably punishes those players who dont cheat, in order to catch the few that do. And it is sad that I have been approached by several high level veterans who are ready to give it up. I dont like to see any player leave, no matter the faith..... it takes away from the enjoyment for us all.

Many veteran players have invested 1 to 5 hours per day for two years, and loads of money, into a game, only to have changes foisted upon us; new rules that were not in place when we started investing time and money into our characters. This is not fair - GAS takes your money then changes the game.

The prob is not so much helping players into camp... it is more of an issue helping people AFTER the battles.

Some of you who dont hire mercs any more, and obviously dont care about the new rules.... but for those who do hire mercs, this rule change is beyond unreasonable.

As an OM or AC of an order involved in battle, you likely get one or two members each battle who ask for assistance after a battle - to be placed into work for X number of hours after the battle.... due to the time zone differences, they simply cannot stay awake until the battle is over. But to compound the problem, if you hire mercs, many times part of their merc deal was that you would agree to sit them long enough to spend down their merc pay, and drop them into work. This has gone on for as long as I can remember, and was helpful for the mercs and good for the order that needed the merc. ..... But now that you can sit only one account at a time, likely it will be an order mate that needed help after the battle.... but mercs may not be able to offer their services because you are otherwise restricted from sitting more than one account at a time.

This happened our last battle. A pagan merc asked for after-battle assistance, but i had already promised an order member to get them to work. There should be no limit on the number of accounts you can sit if they are all set for TWO days or less of sitting. This would allow OM/AC to continue to help their members, and secure the mercs they need as they did prior to this rediculous rule change.

It is wrong to subject longtime players to these restrictive rules, when these rules were not in place when we signed up, created our accounts, and dumped time and money into our characters. This new rule will Force people to go back to pre-sitting tool days to help out members.

and even more amusing is reading the support some people in this forum have for the changes, when those same people have obviously sat accounts for longer than 60 days, themselves.... a bit hypocritical.... and you of all people should know there are very good reasons that someone may need assistance for over 60 days a year - such as those men and women that are stationed in iraq or elsewhere in the world, and cannot log in all the time. So what some of you are saying is - tough cookies .. they spent time and money for an account, but now that they have no internet for weeks on end, they should be forced to give up the account.... no matter if someone is willing to help them out since they are making sacrafices for us. And helping someone out like that hurts others how? How is it unfair?

Anyway... it is simply wrong to foist unreasonable changes on players after they have already invested their time and money.
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Lieutenant Howell Maurice Forgy, USN (ChC), serving in the heavy cruiser USS New Orleans (CA-32) during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941.

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 11:28am

As an OM or AC of an order involved in battle, you likely get one or two members each battle who ask for assistance after a battle - to be placed into work for X number of hours after the battle.... due to the time zone differences, they simply cannot stay awake until the battle is over.
So you have 1 or 2 members who can't be on. Assuming you have an active decent-sized order, that means you have at least 13 members who can, and realistically probably a lot more. Why can't some of those other members sit each other, instead of you sitting everyone?

At our peak, DWL had 62 active members. There were times when we had a dozen people who needed to be sat, maybe even more. I didn't sit all of them. Ideally, I didn't sit any of them. Instead, I got them to sit for each other.

If your members don't trust each other enough, you need to get them communicating with each other.

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 12:29pm

I think as Slasher said it has to do with not only order members but also mercenaries that trust only the AC or the OM to sit them after battle since that is who they have dealt with all along and know and trust. As you well know, or maybe you don't, in some worlds not everyone knows each other very well and trusts only a few. In our battles both myself as OM and my AC usually are sitting an order member now and not able to assist mercenaries at all. And our order is fairly close and we all know each other well but it doesn't mean everyone trusts enough to have their account sat by an individual that they pm with via order pms and do not know on a personal basis. I have also had other allied order members ask for assistance too as time zones do affect who is online and who isn't. If we have a battle it might be convenient for those of us in the USA but half our order is european and some of our allied orders are totally european or australian. We can go on and on about how *easy* it is to be sat but when you have orders with 39 people (yes 3 have left the game now due to this rule) or another that has over 60 in one active world I play it isn't always as easy as that. But like Slasher said it's unreasonable that you join a game and invest money into characters for a long period of time just to get everything changed on you a year or two later. And for those who are in service it's really sad for them. It's not like they can just stop what they are doing and sign in everyday to play. How unreasonable for them. And for many others too as far as I'm concerned.
Mod 575

libertarian

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 2:59pm

Many veteran players have invested 1 to 5 hours per day for two years, and loads of money, into a game, only to have changes foisted upon us; new rules that were not in place when we started investing time and money into our characters. This is not fair - GAS takes your money then changes the game.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When we started playing this game, we looked over the terms of service and said.... "Yeah, I agree to the terms here" and now they change the rules and we have to say "I no longer agree to the terms".

I'm very shocked that nobody has mentioned the Holy Battle. Our order has several members that the Holy Battle takes place while they are A) Sleeping, or B) at Work or C) otherwise can't be on to collect their gold.

So, if GAS and the HWT are going to insist that this rule change is necessary to catch the cheaters that they will do nothing about, then they should alternate the day and time of day for the Holy Battle. Because as it stands, those that need help can lose 26 of their available 60 days due to the Holy Battle alone!

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 6:05pm

Seriously LadyVos please hit enter at the end of your thoughts
and prof read your post i know your a big girl.
All the posts express the opinion of the author,
the owners of Holy-War and WoltLab GmbH (the developers of Burning
Board) cannot be held responsible for the content of those posts.
By registering, you agree not to post messages that are vulgar, impolite, disrespectful or that express (extreme) political views or
(verbal) law offences.
Additionally, the Administrators and Moderators of this board can edit or even delete your account for any reason.
Enjoy your stay at Holy-War!

Dradaki

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 6:35pm

Quoted from "Slasher"

I agree. The new rules will cause many veteran players to finally leave. It unreasonably punishes those players who dont cheat, in order to catch the few that do. And it is sad that I have been approached by several high level veterans who are ready to give it up. I dont like to see any player leave, no matter the faith..... it takes away from the enjoyment for us all.

The prob is not so much helping players into camp... it is more of an issue helping people AFTER the battles.

Some of you who dont hire mercs any more, and obviously dont care about the new rules.... but for those who do hire mercs, this rule change is beyond unreasonable.

As an OM or AC of an order involved in battle, you likely get one or two members each battle who ask for assistance after a battle - to be placed into work for X number of hours after the battle.... due to the time zone differences, they simply cannot stay awake until the battle is over. But to compound the problem, if you hire mercs, many times part of their merc deal was that you would agree to sit them long enough to spend down their merc pay, and drop them into work. This has gone on for as long as I can remember, and was helpful for the mercs and good for the order that needed the merc. ..... But now that you can sit only one account at a time, likely it will be an order mate that needed help after the battle.... but mercs may not be able to offer their services because you are otherwise restricted from sitting more than one account at a time.

This happened our last battle. A pagan merc asked for after-battle assistance, but i had already promised an order member to get them to work. There should be no limit on the number of accounts you can sit if they are all set for TWO days or less of sitting. This would allow OM/AC to continue to help their members, and secure the mercs they need as they did prior to this rediculous rule change.

It is wrong to subject longtime players to these restrictive rules, when these rules were not in place when we signed up, created our accounts, and dumped time and money into our characters. This new rule will Force people to go back to pre-sitting tool days to help out members.

and even more amusing is reading the support some people in this forum have for the changes, when those same people have obviously sat accounts for longer than 60 days, themselves.... a bit hypocritical.... and you of all people should know there are very good reasons that someone may need assistance for over 60 days a year - such as those men and women that are stationed in iraq or elsewhere in the world, and cannot log in all the time. So what some of you are saying is - tough cookies .. they spent time and money for an account, but now that they have no internet for weeks on end, they should be forced to give up the account.... no matter if someone is willing to help them out since they are making sacrafices for us. And helping someone out like that hurts others how? How is it unfair?

Anyway... it is simply wrong to foist unreasonable changes on players after they have already invested their time and money.

-As I stated many times before, if a veteran or anyone cannot be on 2 hours a day then it is evident RL has taken priority and should either go non premium or sell/give his char up or leave dormant.
-For members that are not online at the time of battle, oh well. They can goto camp early and heal after battle til they get online. Any real OM will give their members a couple days notice for battles, plenty of time to work things out.
-As for mercs, again too bad. If they are not going to be online then goto work or cow out after battle. They can charge more if the latter is what they choose. There should be time for them to get ahold of someone to sit if needed
-Lastly if you are comparing people who fight in the Armed Services, they have far more serious priorities to deal with then a MMORPG. Sorry, but they know what is expected of them in real life and should not expect to be kept competitive for months on end. That is someone else playing a character, not sitting.

For those who will use me as an example of extended sitting, I will educate them before they open their pie holes.
Yes I sat someone for 5 months. What I did was allowed by the sitting tool. The person logged in and extended the sitting tool. I plundered until he ran out of premium, then I did nothing but send him to work and collect pay. That happened for the last 3 months or so of the sitting.

In summary, stop whining about the restrictions. They were placed to avoid having an entire order being placed into battles by the OM. It was to prevent people from sitting accounts for extended periods. If you cannot be on for more then 2 months, too bad, you shouldnt gripe over a stupid internet game when RL should be the one taking priority.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dradaki" (Dec 9th 2009, 6:55pm)

Dradaki

Unregistered

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 6:54pm

Perhaps you should take your own advice, its PROOF read

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 12:07am

Perhaps you should take your own advice, its PROOF read
It's different thing. :) I Prof read on this post. :D 8) ;)

Snellembiss

Intermediate

Occupation: I stack shelves. You wouldn't believe how exciting it is

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 12:10am

you shouldnt gripe over a stupid internet game when RL should be the one taking priority.

Don't you spend a LOT of time griping in the forums? Over a 'stupid internet game'?
I'm sure it's you with that reputation... i could be wrong, mind :rolleyes:
Want to come to W4? No available (or affordable) characters fo you to get hold of?
Join using my recruitment link and send me a PM. When you reach level 10 i will sell you the best equipment for that level at minimum price, giving you the best possible start.
Depending on your Character Development, there may even be a minimum priced Dragon Sword for you at level 20. Offer only available to the next 4recruits at this time.
http://www.holy-war.net/?ref=19431-4ENHW