You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Valcrist

Beginner

• "Valcrist" started this thread

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:26am

Groovy Lack of Class

I got to witness a supreme lack of class in the W1 SB earlier today. I managed to behave myself at the time, and not sink to the level of arguing, but there's been so many issues with Mods lately that I finally decided I needed to share.

By now, most everyone knows that HWT fired a couple Mods, and a couple more walked out rather than be muzzled by HWT. Many, many players have been upset by this; the Mods that were fired and quit were popular as both players and Mods, and only the people who had grudges against them seemed to feel that they were anything but good people, and fair and just Mods when forced to use the Mod Tool.

Today, I was privileged to witness one of their fellow mods spend more than twenty minutes trash-talking one of the few Mods (now ex-Mods) with the character to stand up to HWT and call them on their own failures. I've got screen shots of the entire conversation, and as soon as I can find someone in Admin that is actually worth a damn and does their job like they are supposed to I will be submitting them along with a formal complaint. Until they actually get off their butts and do something, I'm going to post the text of that conversation here in the forums. If it gets deleted- and I bet it will, since the Mod running their mouth has already deleted a few posts in the thread talking about the Mod that was canned- I'm just going to re-post it. If I get banned, I'm going to work around that and repost it again. Give me more cr@p than that, and I'm going off HW-related sites and posting it, then PMing the link to as many players as I know, with the request it be passed on to people THEY know.

Mods should not be given free reign to bad-mouth ANYONE in public. It doesn't matter if the person is no longer there or not. That ex-Mod that got verbally abused had friends there, and we couldn't even stick up for them because we'd get banned. The mod doing the abusing KNEW better; he is a Mod. If he didn't know, he's got no business being a Mod to begin with. It was even requested, politely, that he stop gloating and talking trash in public; instead, he continued for another 22 minutes.Therefore, you've got a Mod picking fights and provoking other players in the SB, and nothing was said or done about it.

Here, read for yourself.

Quoted

Underground 10.09.2009 16:25
CCM Dont even worry about it. If you care what people think you will end up like Morgana. :( Tis sad

Valcrist 10.09.2009 16:26
She's doing okay, though, Underground. Not having to deal with stress from HW has been good for her.

morringain 10.09.2009 16:27
yeah,everyone needs breaks from time to time. if you dont take one, it gets unbearable.

CoCooMa 10.09.2009 16:27
i do have to say... nice to see her go :)

Underground 10.09.2009 16:36
Nice to see Morgana go? No it wasnt. Scrim left in w2 as well. 2 good friends. :(

CoCooMa 10.09.2009 16:37
she was one of the most inactive mods that existed, and let w6 come to the state that it is now :( i LOVE that she is gone, now we can try to fix that world

Valcrist 10.09.2009 16:38
Coo, be happy she's not a Mod if you want, but the loss of any good player is NEVER a good thing for the game. *evil*

CoCooMa 10.09.2009 16:39
i wouldn´t know... i never thought she was a good player :)

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:43
at best... she was just bellow an average player

Valcrist X
10.09.2009 16:45
I'm not going to comment on that, Coo. I'll just ask that you not gloat in public, because you WILL provoke me into a fight.

Almanzor X
10.09.2009 16:46
Don't worry, Val. It's easy to talk smack about a person who's not around.

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:46
im just going to be quiet... she did to much to trashtalk me all the time anyways :) not worth it

Valcrist X
10.09.2009 16:47
I'm not going to discuss it in public, Alma. At all. It'll just start a fight.

morringain X
10.09.2009 16:47
Co, just my two cents. Few are really good players. I think a good player is not always necessarily synonim with a good mod either.

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:48
nope... im a bad mod... and apparently stupid :D and darn proud of it

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:50
hmmm.. sorry guys... seems i still have some resentment towards her comments when she abused her tool in w6... ill go get it out of my system

metricus X
All I know is, the only time in any worlds that I called for a mod, Morg was the one who came, and she sorted the mess but good.

morringain X
no, you're not. sometimes people clash, it is normal that happens. not all people can be as patient with eachother. but we can all learn from one another.

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:53
seems to be better to take to pm´s.... no need to bring it all out i think

Almanzor X
10.09.2009 16:53
INdeed. It is never productive to argue with a smack.

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:55
you are so very right... and i do appoligise (can´t spell it) not my intention to bring it out in the open

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 16:56
it do tip over from time to time, and it´s not fair to the people involved to have it shown in public... sorry

morringain X
10.09.2009 16:58
its ok, Co, it is easy to get carried away. things are too heated up now to achieve anything useful

Thor Hammerhand X
10.09.2009 17:00
"Speak in Anger and you'll make the greatest speach you'll ever regret" Too true

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 17:02
the hardest part when it comes to modding is to take all the abuse you get, knowing you don´t get anyting for it

morringain X
10.09.2009 17:02
talking about anger, we need some more battles, guys:D

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 17:04
thats a tip for you morringain... never talk out of angre like me :) no matter how much abuse the preson in question had done :) it do help ;)

morringain X
10.09.2009 17:05
I know, CO. i do get sometimes too angry. but i usually just go away when that happens

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 17:07
i usally do to, but i do have to confes that it´s hard sometimes when people lie about you and try to make you look bad, without you being able to do anything

Almanzor X
10.09.2009 17:10
Oh, is THAT what that little X is for? Aaaahhh.

CoCooMa X
10.09.2009 17:11
lo
As I said, I've got screen shots of the entire thing, too. Anyone that wants to see them, just ask. I'll be putting them on my photobucket account shortly.
EN W1- Valcrist

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:34am

Morganna an inactive MOD? That is so much BS and you know it......

And a below average player, rofl... She could kick yours anytime... Such a punk ar.se BS thing to do, to talk smack when she was not around.
Strength and Honor

W2: AC of Fear *Retired*
W4: JasLyn of Tanelorn, Will always be a [MoFo]

Valcrist

Beginner

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:37am

You're preaching to the choir, Blade Singer. My point is that the Mod doing the complaining proved that he's not a good Mod right there. I specifically asked him to stop, and he went on for another 22 minutes in the same vein, poking and prodding at it. That's provoking another player, plain and simple. He was asked not to talk about something, told that it would provoke the other player, and did not stop.

As a Mod he should have known better. This kind of thing deserves attention and action from Admin, and I'm not going to stop being in people's faces until it happens.
EN W1- Valcrist

The Missing Rum

Professional

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:39am

Im not condoning comments made, but with the events after her firing, its very difficult to think about her and a few others in a friendly kind of way
for me those incidents ruined their once good reputation

Not many mods had to deal with it, however Coo and 2 others along with myself did. If youd have been put in our shoes for that evening (that i stayed up till 4am to be insulted on) your views may have been tarnished a little

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:39am

Ye well lets see if he will be censured, would not bet on it though.....
Strength and Honor

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:40am

1. For the record, Morganna did NOT "abuse the Mod tool" on Friday night. She had not HAD a mod tool for five days by then. Equally for the record, no-one had actually DONE anything bannable (though there was a LOT of very serious writing in caps... ooh! People actually joking about being deaf! VERY subversive!) till CoCooMa stumbled in and started throwing his weight around. No - the "abuse" of the Mod tool was me - trying to unban people whom Coo had been bullying - including putting Morganna on INFINITE BAN for saying a/ss ONCE.

2. Morganna and I were two of the most active Mods, as both the public and Mod forums will testify... granted we never used the Mod tool for anything as classy as announcing our level increases or making out with our girlfiriends on Sb when we weren't prem... but hey... who's measuring activity levels here?

3. NOT VERY GOOD PLAYERS? That would be why we beat YOUR backside on every world we played then, Coo.

Jealous much?
Carpe Jugulum

Valcrist

Beginner

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:43am

TMR, that doesn't mean ONE DAMN THING. Coo is a Mod. He was asked to take it out of the SB because it would provoke an argument. He did not, instead making comments for another 22 minutes. You're a Mod- if that had been some random player, would you have allowed it? No, you wouldn't. You'd have banned them after giving a warning. Coo should know better, angry or not. By his own words, he admits that he does know better. And yet he kept going anyway.

Mods that can't uphold the standards the rest of us are kept to have no business being moderators. If he knows better, he should have walked away when asked not to talk about it. It's just that simple. There isn't any room to cut him slack. I don't care if Morganna murdered his family in cold blood; it's irrelevant. He's got no business provoking another player, by the rules set forth in the game.
EN W1- Valcrist

The Missing Rum

Professional

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:47am

Equally for the record, no-one had actually DONE anything bannable (though there was a LOT fo very serious writing in caps... ooh!) till CoCooMa stumbled in and started throwing his weight around.

1) It was me that came in 1st so if anything moan about me
2) I came into people insulting other people
3) i gave a warning to players, and cleared the SB
4) everyone continued, including several insults then aimed at me
5) i then banned players, who were removed by you!
6) there is plenty of evidence to prove all of this

No - the "abuse" of the Mod tool was me - trying to unban people whom Coo had been bullying - including putting Morganna on INFINITE BAN for saying a/ss ONCE.

how can you deny you abused the tool! that is absurd!! you removed the bans of players banned by other mods justly without looking at evidence
Morganna was repeatedly provoking these players to break the rules so was banned FAIRLY

Valcrist

Beginner

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:48am

Morganna was repeatedly provoking these players to break the rules so was banned FAIRLY
Oh, so provoking other players repeatedly merits a ban? Where's Coo's ban for continuing to make comments that he knew would provoke me?
EN W1- Valcrist

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:49am

Oh, so provoking other players repeatedly merits a ban? Where's Coo's ban for continuing to make comments that he knew would provoke me?

He was angry, so its ok Corwin.....
Strength and Honor

Valcrist

Beginner

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:51am

Yeah, and I bet Morganna was mad too. Oh, wait- she wasn't a Mod at the time, I forgot the rules don't apply to Mods. :whistling:
EN W1- Valcrist

The Missing Rum

Professional

Friday, September 11th 2009, 12:53am

had i have been there he would be warned and then banned like any other player, difference is that he wouldnt have unbanned himself
everyone has off moments occasionally, especially when dealing with the abuse that we volunteer to deal with

Im not condoning what was said here, as i would not condone it by any player, but when we dont have the mod tool on, thats all we really are

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:00am

Tha "arguments" that TMR came in to were a joke - which he didn't get because he immediately started bouncing on people and made the situation far worse - that was when it actually came completely unravelled. Way to go. Oh, and my apologies to Coo - HIS "contributions" were usually made in the form of drunken backstabbing in the Mod forum.

And it's ok for poor ickle Coo to be provoked, but not Morganna or me, in the face of something far worse - in addition to all the usual abuse Mods get? Nice.
Carpe Jugulum

Valcrist

Beginner

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:04am

Except when everyone knows you're a Mod, you're NOT like every other player. You have a responsibility to set forth an example of what is acceptable, and a responsibility to obey the rules as laid down for the game. Knowledge of what is and is not acceptable doesn't leave when you shut down the Mod Tool any more than it comes with booting it up. Knowingly and flagrantly breaking the rules deserves punishment for an ordinary player, and you've stated that yourself before (maybe not in those words, but the same sentiment). Every Mod has at one point or another. When a Mod does the same thing, punishment should be guaranteed and harsher. Mods should be held to a stricter standard of behavior than normal players, just as police are held to a stricter standard than normal citizens.
EN W1- Valcrist

The Missing Rum

Professional

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:05am

So what if they were a joke, it was still offensive with use of improper language, which is a bannable offence, which i dealt with correctly. Say what you want, but the screen shots of the SB back up my story, not yours.

The Missing Rum

Professional

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:07am

When a Mod does the same thing, punishment should be guaranteed
yeah and if id seen it he would have been warned then if he continued banned

Underground

Intermediate

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:13am

Most likely I will be banned for what I am about to say, but I will have that happen to defend a friends honor. Morganna was an EXCELLENT player, WAY more talented than CCM ever would be. She was fair, she was polite, she didnt have fake babies or fake SB marriages. (unlike some) She got canned for speaking her mind which is complete BS. 2 high lvl people in w2 left because of this.
CCM (Mod X I believe) Is so power hungry. Always has to put his 2 cents in in w7. He always warns people for the most minor of infraction. This game is about having fun. Having some whiny emo tell you you cant post in caps is one thing, but in the context of the message it was warranted. Some people do have all caps for names. Saying: RE, DRAGON isnt against the rules. You are not "yelling" at anyone.
Yet, it is completely ok for CCM and Rustic Angel to interchange on their accts to talk in the SB nonetheless. Would that not be considered playing two accts if you are doing that? Im fairly sure I give EOTW cr.ap for this all the time. He was banned for doing this so why is it ok for a mod to do it?
Get off your high horse CCM, grow a pair, and man up. Morganna was awesome... You are not awesome. Deal with it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Missing Rum" (Sep 11th 2009, 1:14am)

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Friday, September 11th 2009, 1:15am

Guys, with all due respect to everyone involved, I'm locking this thread and asking that everyone involved on all sides of the issue just stop.

There was plenty of anger going around on both sides of the issue, but insulting each here on the forum isn't going to resolve any of it.

I won't delete or lock any new threads that are opened, but I think we all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and remember that this is just a game. It's not worth this kind of anger.