You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Artemis23

Beginner

• "Artemis23" started this thread

Saturday, September 5th 2009, 1:04pm

Hello Holy Wars

Hello all, I am a noob to Holy Wars. So go easy on me, it's my first time..... ;)
I am ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar. :love:

Saturday, September 5th 2009, 1:05pm

Well, you have a great .sig, which is a good start. :)

Mulvers

Unregistered

Monday, September 7th 2009, 6:06pm

Get out while you still can!

I tried it for a week 18months ago and I'm still here :(

Artemis23

Beginner

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 7:10pm

Get out while you still can!

I tried it for a week 18months ago and I'm still here :(
To late I am hooked!!! The Holywar pushers got me, it's that whole "first ones free" thing. Gets me everytime.

Mulvers

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 8th 2009, 8:21pm

Gets me everytime.

Same with me :(

You tried Tagoria as well? ... Very similar game ... and in my opinion slightly superior ... But the forums are better here :P

Time for me to be cheeky :thumbsup:
http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=933015-1ENTG

Artemis23

Beginner

Wednesday, September 9th 2009, 12:33am

I will admit that I am fairly new to the gaming world.
No, I have not tried Tagoria, but I have played other games.

I played Ikariam on the .com server (for a year and a half) and I also have played KingsAge on the .com server. That my dear is the extent of my gaming experience.

I did look into other games before choosing Holywar, and must admit that your fun and lively boards is what pulled me into this game to begin with.
The board in Ik died a slow and painful death when all the players who had the cheeky and snarky humor left. KA was always very dead, and no fun at all.

So, your boards here made me log in, and now I am finding myself addicted. I am spending way to many hours behind my computer now, building my stats, looking for cows and trying to build up my gold. 8o

THUDW5

Beginner

Saturday, September 26th 2009, 4:38am

What world do you play Artemis23?
THUD--W5 OM of AOL *deleted*
Repent--W6--changed name to THUD January 16, 2009--account sold
THUD--W8--member of Pagan Mafia

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 12:28am

The Tagoria forums died a few weeks into the game. I'm not sure why, but I think part of it was that most of the initial posts were people trying to jump-start things artificially by importing things from HW, and really, who wants to play the same silly forum game with half the same people in two different forums?

But I agree with Mulvers that it's a slightly better game. It has a few problems HW doesn't, but it's solved most of the problems HW has.

Maybe their third game will be even better. :)

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 1:20pm

Maybe their third game will be even better. :)

Could be wrong, but it appears the new game won't be text-based; perhaps it will be more akin to WoWc or Perfect World, where players negotiate in a life-like environment, fighting NPCs and sometimes doing PvP. If GaS ever decideds to adapt Holy War to such a medium, I'm all in. Nothing more exciting than doing order battles in real time against real opponents, where skill, not algarythms (or shear luck), dictate victory and defeat.

-B-P-

Beginner

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 7:13pm

isnt Ai- wars the newest but its German only at the minute?
but while i was trying to convert German it just seemed like tag really
Im not a newbie just haven't really payed much at attention to the forums for a while :whistling: ....

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 2:13am

Could be wrong, but it appears the new game won't be text-based; perhaps it will be more akin to WoWc or Perfect World, where players negotiate in a life-like environment, fighting NPCs and sometimes doing PvP. If GaS ever decideds to adapt Holy War to such a medium, I'm all in. Nothing more exciting than doing order battles in real time against real opponents, where skill, not algarythms (or shear luck), dictate victory and defeat.
Nope, it's text-based. There's more strategy and complexity leading up to the end, but when the camps finally close, the battle algorithm is basically the same as in HW and TG.
isnt Ai- wars the newest but its German only at the minute?
but while i was trying to convert German it just seemed like tag really
It's not only German-only, but still in beta. (Also, they changed the name from AI Wars to AI War at some point.)

It's just like Tagoria in the same way Tagoria is just like Holy-War. At first glance it doesn't seem much different, but when you actually start playing it's really not the same game.

Of course just being more complex doesn't necessarily mean it'll be better; it means the devs had more things to balance and more possibilities to screw up.

Also, TBK raised the point that the more complex the game is, the more it takes away from the "casual background game" thing that HW has going for it, and there could be a deep valley where it actually gets less enjoyable instead of more as you add complexity, because you're tearing down the "casual background" thing faster than you're building up the "deep strategy" thing.

But I think it's worth giving it a try, and I think it will turn out to be a better game than Tagoria and HW.

I think it's also worth applying to [UGLY] when you get to the beta, where other English-speaking players can help you learn the game. :)