You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 13th 2009, 2:54am

World 8 Battles

more to come

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 13th 2009, 2:57am

Easy Checklist for new OMs and ACs

I have grouped all 4 e-mails together for easy reading! 23 rules to live by! Good Luck!

Big Phil HW Philosophy

1. This is a military tactics game not a boxing match. Consequently-there are no Fair Fights.

2. Your number one job when attacking is to Win! Your number one job when defending is to Win! You owe it to your order, friends, allies and even Mercs a good chance of coming out of the battle alive. Use every advantage within the rules to get an advantage over your opponent.

3. It is more than OK to attack an order smaller than you or that has lower levels than you. It is a naive point of view to judge a battle on order size alone. Battles are always decided by friends, allies and Mercs.
The Concept of Proportionality- a 55 man order does not attack a 5 man order. I understand this thought process; however, some recent examples-XXX attacked Wolves 3 to 1 in numbers. Order B had a 2 to 1 advantage over For the Hell of it. I feel the shackles have been freed.

4. Easy Victories- sometimes it’s good to have an easy victory for morale purposes. Easy victories can also build positive momentum. Don’t feel guilty about defeating an inferior opponent.

5. Gold-if you know you re going to lose-Burn all your gold! Wins and losses count but really they don’t. Gold capture is what really matters in the end. Don’t become a Goldie order.

6. Always support your allies.

7. Over planning and under attacking- Knights I feel everyone waits for the perfect moment to attack. That moment never comes and then the Pagans attack you. Solution- establish a gold threshold in your mind. Mine are 10K for pagans and 8K for Saracens. Attack! Once you reach this point! Gold amounts will increase due to time and several other factors.

8. Be Aggressive- Attack first, ask questions later. The Aggressor wins 75% of the time. Hard to attack a moving target!

9. MERCS- I had two complaints about Christian OMs and ACs being rude or indifferent to Pagan Mercs. Why would a person ever do this? Treat all Mercs with respect and politeness. You don’t want them to volunteer for free- against you.

10. The Big Pagan/Saracen Orders: Face the facts- we can’t beat them at the moment. But we can beat almost everyone else. Beat the Smaller and Mid Size Pagan orders now! Target rich environment. A victory no matter how small is a victory. Some of the Christian orders really need a victory. (World 4)

11. Counter Attack- Watch the battle boards. See which Pagan orders attack. Give them a few days of rest and then counter attack. Order C and Order D just attacked. Hit them before they build up their war chests. Break their morale!

12. Professionalism in the SB. You will win some and you will lose some as OM/AC. But if you lose---to do so with dignity and class. Even if you feel the other order has cheated! No one likes a crybaby when they lose. Be positive and give congrats to the other order. Big Phil Rule- Be professional when you lose and plot your revenge in secret! Part 2.-While conducting your battle, keep things positive and do not be too negative about the other order. What was a joke 3 days ago is a deadly insult during a battle.

13. Undercutting an ally- so you planned a battle all week and you turn on your computer and there are battles! What to do? and your battle must happen today. My rule is start your battle 4 hours after the start time of an ally. Do not recruit mercs heavy until permission is granted. Keep in contact with your ally.

14. Recon- sometimes there are battles that just don’t involve you but do have potential foes. Conduct a recon- join one side or another and see how the battle plays out. You might even gain a friend.

15. A Good Deed- Do a good deed once every couple of weeks. Fight in a losing battle, rally support for the underdog and numerous others. There are unexpected benefits for doing this!

16. Understand the battlefield- simply keep an eye on what goes on in the world you are in. Find out who supports who, look at your allies and your foes. See which Pagans are out of favor with other pagans. Know Your world!

17. Beyond simple- Do not attack a 1-man order or an order that has less than 5 members. If you do this early in a World---it will easily cost you three victories if not more! But---see point 18.

18. Honor, truth and justice and other higher level emotions slowly die out as a world matures. Find some dead orders and pound them! Many opportunities for easy victories and large hauls. You can test rule 17 at this point!

19. NEVER only lasts three weeks in Holy War. What does this mean to you? Any drama you have created will go away rather shortly. A new drama will take its place. Survive your drama and move on to the next battle.

20. Hiring Mercs- I touched on this in an earlier letter. Here are some additional points. After awhile, the best Mercs will stand out. I call these Mercs- the “Difference Makers”. It is imperative that you hire the DM Mercs before your opponent does. Hopefully, you have pre-contacted them prior to your battle. Yes, hire your Mercs prior to the battle- even starts if possible. Not all Mercs are the same- pay top dollar for the best.

21. Everyone can ride in my mini-van-NOT!: You are not here to please other people. You are here to win battles for your order. You must have thick skin. You will be called names, your honor disputed and people will sometimes hate you. Don’t worry about it. In three weeks, someone else will be hated instead of you. If someone cries or complains- maybe they are the ones who need to check themselves. Be bold and ruthless!

22. How much is enough? You can never have enough on your side. Keep recruiting and keep hiring. If your opponents allies did not show up, not your fault. I have also seen last minute waves of knights come in for the opposing force. You never have enough. There is no guilt in crushing your opponent!

23. Everyone cheers for an underdog, but everyone wants to be associated with a Winner! Become a Winner!

Go forth and do great things!

Conclusion- You might disagree with my tactics and techniques, but you will win battles! I also want to thank all my order members who helped our orders win and all our allies in both W2 and W4. Special thanks go to Al, Buba, Jatranvil and Bigbird.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 13th 2009, 3:00am

Battle #1 Pagan Mafia vs the Force

Today was the first battle in W8. Clearly a violation of rule 20 today causing the Pagans to be defeated. I dont blame the leadership of the Mafia for this defeat too much since it was the first battle. Tixxers ruled the day!

Blue Tiger

Professional

Monday, July 13th 2009, 3:19am

BP would you pay 20k for a lvl 93 merc with good stats or for 25k a lvl 90 with okay stats, a lvl 79, and a lvl 54?
The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 13th 2009, 3:41am

Battle #2 -Evils Army of Saracens Yeah (EASY) vs Knights Templar (KT)

Wow- an order called Knights Templar. This was a very strange battle. Background info- Knights Templar was created by sitter on someone else's account. This fact caused a lot of anger and accusations of cheating. Easy was formed on the same day and figured the corrupt order (KT) would be an easy taget and their defeat would serve as an example of why not to cheat. Bear in mind that KT was a 1 man order at the time being run by a sitter.

Well the sitters migrated over to KT and thus KT won the battle. Very shocking outcome.

Clear violations of Rules 17 and 20 by EASY Leadership

Clear violation(s) of Rule 12 by KT Leadership

Seems that Rule 20 trumps all other rules currently in W8

your reporter in the field- Big Phil

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 13th 2009, 3:50am

Battle #3 - [TTW] The Templar Wolves vs [SWORD] Saracen Sword of Mercenary

on the board---TTW has five members and SWORD only has 4 members. A slight violation of Rule 17.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bigger Phil" (Jul 13th 2009, 5:04am)

Blue Tiger

Professional

Monday, July 13th 2009, 2:27pm

bp could you answer my question
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 13th 2009, 2:36pm

BP would you pay 20k for a lvl 93 merc with good stats or for 25k a lvl 90 with okay stats, a lvl 79, and a lvl 54?

Not sure- I have been to far removed from the game to give you a good answer. Depends on your budget, current prices, how bad you want to win.

Monday, July 13th 2009, 6:32pm

Not sure- I have been to far removed from the game to give you a good answer. Depends on your budget, current prices, how bad you want to win.
Looking over my fights vs. talon55 and StG since they turned 93, a good 93 will average around 380hp against me in a fight.

An okay 90 will be do more like 150, a 79 around 30, and a 54 none at all.

Now, the three together have more lp than the 93--so in a winning battle, they will collectively get more fights against me. But in a losing battle, or a very close one, the good 93 will probably have a lot more fights before being too wounded to help than the other three put together.

So, if you're expecting to slaughter the other side, the three mercs might be a better deal. (Then again, if you're expecting to slaughter the other side, you may be better off saving your gold.) But if you expect it to be a tough fight, I'd go with the 93.

Of course there are always other considerations. For example, if that 90 is climbing fast and you expect him to be more powerful in the future, it may be worth supporting him today to make a useful friend tomorrow. Or, if you're doing well-organized and targeted prestrikes, and the merc team will work with you closely while the solo will not, they may be more useful today. Or, if there are no other 93s in the battle, bringing one in on your side might make people volunteer against you for the xp. And so on. But all else being equal, I think you want the good 93. Especially if he's cheaper.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Blue Tiger

Professional

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 1:01am

I win:)
- George Orwell

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 4:07am

RE: Battle #3 - [TTW] The Templar Wolves vs [SWORD] Saracen Sword of Mercenary

on the board---TTW has five members and SWORD only has 4 members. A slight violation of Rule 17.

TTW was the winner. A well fought battle. TTW had the better Mercs/tixxers and that carried the day. I think it is a case of Rules #20 and probably rule #8 carrying the day. TTW sure sounds familiar.

Big Phil- your roving reporter

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 4:11am

Battle #4 Knights Templar(KT) vs. The Suicide Parade(Jihad)

KT isnt cheating this time...lol Lot of SB unprofessionalism early in the day. KT is in violation of Rule 17. We will see if that figures in the outcome.

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 5:44am

No you don't--I don't do any hiring, so I'm not the one you have to convince. :P

Blue Tiger

Professional

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 4:00pm

No you don't--I don't do any hiring, so I'm not the one you have to convince. :P

i dont care about that anymore.. My planned worked for xp!!Actually Tmr and i's plan... Im #3 on xp now..
- George Orwell

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 2:42am

RE: Battle #4 Knights Templar(KT) vs. The Suicide Parade(Jihad)

KT isnt cheating this time...lol Lot of SB unprofessionalism early in the day. KT is in violation of Rule 17. We will see if that figures in the outcome.

This was a somewhat surprising battle until you dig deep. The Saracen order has a lot of highly questionable material on their order page. This turned off many people and they were whipped fairly easily. 12 survivors.....not a close battle at all.

I would say that Jihad lost on an expanded version of Rule 12- Unprofessionalism cost them- more so for their order page.

The Missing Rum

Professional

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 2:45am

RE: RE: Battle #4 Knights Templar(KT) vs. The Suicide Parade(Jihad)

This was a somewhat surprising battle until you dig deep. The Saracen order has a lot of highly questionable material on their order page. This turned off many people and they were whipped fairly easily. 12 survivors.....not a close battle at all.

Also come fairly high on the Sain Cai Punishment Matrix

Quoted

We have no Weakenss

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 2:59am

Also come fairly high on the Sain Cai Punishment Matrix

There are two Saracen outfits just lining up to be the first on the matrix. Where is Drakadi when you need him!

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 3:48am

Battle #5 Legends from Greece(LG) vs. The God Squad(TGS)

2 Big Orders with lots of allies---should prove to be fun! I would rate this the most important battle so far.

Blue Tiger

Professional

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 5:27am

who are you in w8? Are the om of TTW?
- George Orwell

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 2:18pm

RE: Battle #5 Legends from Greece(LG) vs. The God Squad(TGS)

2 Big Orders with lots of allies---should prove to be fun! I would rate this the most important battle so far.

A well fought battle by both sides, what looked close on paper was really a runaway by LG. The Pagans made good use of rules #8 and #20. The Tixxers were stacked on the LG side and rolled up the Christians like a cuban cigar.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 2:23pm

who are you in w8? Are the om of TTW? [/quote-

I'm just watching from the sidelines- sort of

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 5:48am

Battle #6-Pagan Mafia (MOB) vs. Knights Templar(KT)

I think KT's time is up. They have been living on edge- I think they will go down tonight.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 7:29pm

Battle 6- The report

Another Surprise Victory by KT- the Can Do order. Really hard to figure out how KT won, but they were able to implement Rule 20 and split the tixxer Mercs into two even camps.

Mafia loses again. At this moment in time, Mafia is the most disappointing order in W8 with all their experienced players. I’m sure they will turn it around soon.

But for this syndicate-Crime has not paid on W8.

Big Phil Reporting

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 7:44pm

RE: Battle 6- The report

Another Surprise Victory by KT- the Can Do order. Really hard to figure out how KT won, but they were able to implement Rule 20 and split the tixxer Mercs into two even camps.

Mafia loses again. At this moment in time, Mafia is the most disappointing order in W8 with all their experienced players. I’m sure they will turn it around soon.

But for this syndicate-Crime has not paid on W8.

Big Phil Reporting
Maybe it's the name. I remember a MAFIA in W3 and two MAFIAs in sequence in W4, and none of them were successful.

So, everyone just needs to create orders with names like LG, DWL, TTW, or DIE and they're guaranteed to win easily, right?

Not so fast. Maybe the gods of fortune are watching out for those transparent tricks. So you need to be sneaky about it. Ritter des Lichtes (Knights of Light) is one of the most successful orders in German W1, and Warriors of Light in English W2-W4, so maybe Fighters of Light would hit the magic pattern but get by the clone detectors. :)

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Friday, July 17th 2009, 1:45pm

Battle#7 Legends from Greece(LG) vs. Darkfall Crusaders(DC)

Looks like a heavy weight order(LG) vs a regular Christian Order(DC)- Prediction LG

Friday, July 17th 2009, 2:57pm

Prediction for DC and LG

PREDICTION= LG

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 4:46am

RE: Battle#7 Legends from Greece(LG) vs. Darkfall Crusaders(DC)

Looks like a heavy weight order(LG) vs a regular Christian Order(DC)- Prediction LG

Rules #8 and #20 plus having some tixxers in the order give LG and an easy victory.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 4:54am

Battle #8-The Dark Side(SITH) vs. The Templar Wolves(TTW)

An early use of Rule 18 by SITH. TTW appears dead with their original OM jumping ship fairly quickly. Has Sain Cai been awakened from his slumber?

Easy win for the SITH

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bigger Phil" (Jul 18th 2009, 1:48pm)

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 5:52pm

Battle #9 Alliance of the Silver Swords(AOS) vs. The Suicide Parade(Jihad)

New Christian order attacking a now one man order- Jihad.
Early test of Rules 17 and 18

Looks like Jihad has disbanded after the battle. AOS wins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bigger Phil" (Jul 18th 2009, 8:32pm)

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Saturday, July 18th 2009, 8:35pm

Battle #10 Knights of Jerusalem(KoJ) vs Evils Army of Saracens Yeah(Easy)

hard battle to predict---Easy has alot of tixxer Mercs but KoJ has some and more bodies. KOJ can be faulted in not securing more DM Mercs early on. Violation of #20

Too many Tixxers on Easy's side. Not as easy victory but a victory nevertheless for Easy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bigger Phil" (Jul 19th 2009, 12:23am)

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 11:21pm

I felll behind

Someone else will have to give details of battle 11 and 12

Mugatu22

Trainee

Sunday, July 19th 2009, 11:34pm

The Blood Knights (christian) Vs. Blody Scourge (pagan)

Blody Scourge won, don't really know the details except that- There was a clear violation of Chapter 13.5c, section 86, line 7 in the 3rd book of Phil 8|
W4: Mugatu (BLACK) W8: Mugatu (LG) W9: I'm a hobo

erialc

Intermediate

Monday, July 20th 2009, 12:02am

My goal for W8 is to create a suicide order that takes out tixxer Merc Order's when a battle is declared how does that work into your rules ?
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Monday, July 20th 2009, 12:10am

I think it would affect #16....you would have to take that into account. But seeing is believing. Also- tixxers Mercs can just leave their orders and be solos players. Making your ingenious strategy non effective.

erialc

Intermediate

Monday, July 20th 2009, 12:21am

Also- tixxers Mercs can just leave their orders and be solos players. Making your ingenious strategy non effective.
If I disrupt their orders then I have achieved success as a PIA :)
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Monday, July 20th 2009, 12:41am

Also- tixxers Mercs can just leave their orders and be solos players. Making your ingenious strategy non effective.
If I disrupt their orders then I have achieved success as a PIA :)
I thought about doing that.

At the start of W4, I was going to create an orderless merc group with Altair, Crynus, and a couple of other people. When Altair decided to turn it into an order, and I couldn't convince him that was a bad idea, I quit, and seriously considered your plan. Although I wasn't planning to suicide; I was planning to win. I was going to try to get some decent players together, and we would donate so that we could hire enough members of real orders that we could try to convince the rest of those orders to volunteer for us.

But JasLyn talked me out of it, because she was going to start an orderless merc group, and didn't want me forcing everyone else to be smart as her and taking away her competitive advantage.

Plus, eria and Ranock talked me into starting a real order.

But it might have been fun. Let me know how it goes in W8.

Ginny

Beginner

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 2:27am

God Squad v EASY

Winner was God Squad.. clear advantage in prebooking mercs before declaring, which is how we lost on first battle. Arrived to find all big hitters already spoken for.

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 2:37am

Winner was God Squad.. clear advantage in prebooking mercs before declaring, which is how we lost on first battle. Arrived to find all big hitters already spoken for.

Clear use of rules #8 and #20. Well done Ginny

brianfoxy

Intermediate

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 3:37am

[GOD] The Dark Knights of God vs. [FIRM]The Firm

Attacker : [FIRM]
58 Warriors
15.16 Average level
507 Fights
326 Won
1 Draw
2 Survivors
~*~*~*~*~*~*
Defender : [GOD]
155 Warriors
15.62 Average level
507 Fights
180 Won
1 Draw
0 Survivors

The Firm
vs.
The Dark Knights of God
on : 21 . 07 . 2009 , 10 : 00 O'Clock
Winner : The Firm
Winner's haul : 78

I don't get it ?(

Good job FIRM nice battle and good victory.

-Day I left HW, for good!

Never looking back!!!!

Take care all.

....... DONE ......

Walking away an accomplished man ;)

Bigger Phil

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 22nd 2009, 5:28am

due to recent cut backs on the HW AP wire staff----I will no longer be reporting full time on W8 battles. The rules are above and happy reporting.

signing off

Big Phil