You are not logged in.

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 9:08am

I'm putting a translation here for the previous post from Marwan so that others don't have to translate and can read the suggestion :)

Suggestions for version 3.0 of the game
First: Peace be upon you

My suggestions and thoughts may not be applicable, but I will write them anyway
The development of personal abilities in the current version depends only on the length of time spent in the looting and work only in the sense that there is no room for strategy, I see that strategies are added to fight one against one, such as battle strategies so that players rely on their intelligence slightly and compete with players of higher levels
- For example, if the player has the ability to store the gold at home or carry it as he chooses, and the players have the ability to attack the houses to look for gold, the player has the choice to stay in the house to guard his gold or perhaps Buy a dog or traps to guard the housing from attacks
- There is the ability to kill the other players to make sure that everyone is active, but that is not so easy, so that for example to be required to attack the player and end the points of his life 5 consecutive times, the player is afraid to kill the possibility of hiding in the headquarters of his battalion to protect members Battalion
- The battles of the Phalangists have other possibilities than just stealing gold. Possibilities may be added when attacking the headquarters of a battalion. Either the attack is to steal the gold or to destroy the headquarters of the battalion.
- I talked about myself at this point in the state where I found I can not ship any tickets and we do not have payment cards so I wish to add the possibility of converting gold to tickets or at least make the possibility of declaring wars do not require a day, it is unfair to not be able to lead battalions and advertising Wars because we are not Premium This is why there are few Arab players in the game
- In the battles of the battalions and cities, the commander must have the ability to involve all members of the battalion in the battles of the battalion or even to recruit them in the battles of the allies even without their consent

If you read what you wrote, whether you agree or disagree with me, please leave a comment in your opinionSave
First i want to thank you LadyVos for translating my post,i did posted in arabian form but there where no there to read it so i copied it and past it here,as my english is not that good it would take me a long time to translate it
However there is some words that i find are misplaced so am going to correct them
hiding in the headquarters of his battalion to protect members Battalion= hiding in his order residence so that his order members can protect him
The battles of the Phalangists= the order battles

attacking the headquarters of a battalion= attacking the orders residence

declaring wars do not require a day= declaring wars do not require a premium

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 9:26am

C. People tend to all buy the same weapons. That’s no fun. Why not give axes and blunt weapons a bonus against shields, swords a defensive bonus, lances (or bows ??!) armour piercing, or pole-arms a bonus against cavalry? Perhaps armours could have different properties as well. This would mean that there would be a reason to have multiple sets of equipment for different scenarios, which a medieval warrior certain would have. And, to balance that out, reduce the price.
Totally agree and i want to add my opinion
such weapons should be bought by the order to use them in battles, not every player will have to buy himself a bow or a spear that would be the order job and these weapons will be used only in battles

Kheira

Intermediate

• "Kheira" started this thread

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 11:21am

So far all the suggestions I have read are good at least. 0 plunders, less random factor are big ones. But I really believe in the stamina loss in battles for big tixxers. Higher lvl needs to be a factor in any fight, no matter how strong the lesser lvl. A return of greater workpay and lifting the xp cap should also be considered. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If the higher level wins automatically than there is no reason left to build skills ,it's a shame to see weak and hollow accounts being xp hero ( with the financial bonus) at Holy Battles ,
if the skills don't count than why bother working on them ?The level already counts ,higher level is more life points .

Another point ,some rules for those having multi orders in the same world group would be nice ,now someone having multi orders can block battles from opponents if they desire ,that shouldn't be allowed ,there are rules for multi accounts ,there also should be for multi-orders

And if there are several battles in a role it shouldn't be possible to jump in the latest camp and hide from attacks all day while getting the xp of all battles ,
first camp first ,once you're subscribed for battle you get drawn in anyway ,but for example you can't battle in Spain while you wait for a battle in Kairo !

And about battles , it should be just as easy to join an order battle as it is to join a city battle ,no subscribing until 30 minutes before battle ,just make us able to jump in even at the last moment .
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,it's about learning to dance in the rain"

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Envinyatar

Beginner

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 4:04pm

Dev's, can we get a very rough estimate of when you might be rolling out HW 3.0, if such a project is already in the pipelines?

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 6:36pm

I would like to reiterate the importance of a retro world. All that would be required is a single international world with changes from current version to the following:

- NO tixx for gold. Let the tixxers have their worlds to blow thousands on. Let this world be where hard work determines who should be top dog.

- NO city battles. True retro valued the order battles, not something brought in from another GAS game.

- Plunder only. Even if its just the 5XP plunders, so be it. This would cut down on uber leveling so equipment doesnt need to be created.

- NO extra plunders. This falls under the tixxing part, people can drop thousands on extra plunders so hard work is moot.

- NO 8 hour healing. For prebattle hits in order battles. Old HW had this and made battles and prehits vital for success

- DO NOT include this world with any other non retro world. Useless to have tournies against tixxers or HBs. Let this one stand totally apart from any other.

- Reduce the drawbacks of non premium. Allow them to have avatars, sell more in markets, etc. Leave the 120 min of plunders for premium but let the non premies have an easier time with the game. Selling thousands of elixirs for equipment and only being able to put 10 in at a time is ridiculous.

Again, a single world is not much to ask. Lets be real, there are but few players in the game anymore. I see absolutely no point in having new worlds open where its just going to be the same thing as other worlds, people tixxing and others getting irked and leaving. The VAST majority of players over the years have complained about letting those with fat wallets ruin their hard work. Giving a world to those who cannot afford to drop thousands would make people happy and would likely be the most active.

Maestre_

Beginner

Thursday, May 4th 2017, 7:42pm

- Reduce the drawbacks of non premium. Allow them to have avatars, sell more in markets, etc. Leave the 120 min of plunders for premium but let the non premies have an easier time with the game. Selling thousands of elixirs for equipment and only being able to put 10 in at a time is ridiculous.

Again, a single world is not much to ask. Lets be real, there are but few players in the game anymore. I see absolutely no point in having new worlds open where its just going to be the same thing as other worlds, people tixxing and others getting irked and leaving. The VAST majority of players over the years have complained about letting those with fat wallets ruin their hard work. Giving a world to those who cannot afford to drop thousands would make people happy and would likely be the most active
Overall, I agree with Katsuro suggestions and I tottaly support these last paragraphs. And Envinyatar said it: it shouldn't be a punishment when someone decides to not be premium, if GAS thinks that that will make non-premium players to buy premium I think they are wrong... just look at the thousands of inactive accounts from every world, the quantity of these accounts "casually" grows too much when a world is aged one or two weeks.

Also, I noticed how they are releasing a new world which is going to get to the same destination as 6 IN (same problems, same people, same everything), while they were asking suggestions for Holy War 3.0... I think you should FIRST solve your most important issues, and THEN you will be able to create a new and successful world.

Yes, I'm one of the vast majority of players that complain because I can't compete with uber-tixxed accounts.

Envinyatar

Beginner

Friday, May 5th 2017, 6:35am

@Maestre
I think you should FIRST solve your most important issues, and THEN you will be able to create a new and successful world.
I'm just gonna answer this one... GAS is lazy as hell; INT 7 isn't started manually but automatically by the Holy War 2.0 program which iterates a new world when a certain player limit is reached. Now that number is supposed to be 3,000 although INT 6 is actually closer to 2,850 the last time I checked.

A few more suggestions for 3.0

1) Use Tagoria as a point of reference for new features.
Reason: so you've now heard from us the HW players. HW is a much more popular game, however in sure Tagoria has its merits as well. Draw some inspiration from the well liked features in Tagoria, whatever those might be, and consider them if they might be appropriate for the setting in HW. At the very least you get another set of data, and where Tag is messed up, you know where not to go.

2) Resources on An Open Market
Reason: a few years ago I played this pure RP browser game called Medieval Europe, which truly embraced realism and the mundaneness of medieval life as we know it... so while that created a lot of disadvantages, one of the interesting things about it are its resource use. So I was wondering, maybe gold isn't the only resource in the game. Maybe you can cut stone from a quarry (0-2 pieces, per hour) because that order castle needs 100 stone and 150 lumber etc. And the resource could be traded on the market. That means an additional, albeit slow means of earning gold fr the player, and another way to spend as an order. Further it encourages some level of cooperation and tasking.

3) Skills: smithing, brewing, building, farming, banking?
Reason: needless to say, crafting would open a huge new dimension to the game that could be really fun for players, and I don't think it's even that difficult to implement. Crafting skills, separate from combat skills, may be trained. And crafted items can be sold on the market for an actual profit :) + the market commission :(
Bankers: alright indulge me: invest in shop rent, raw materials etc., and earn a percentage return. Could be lucrative.

Lol, that's it for me, just throwing ideas out there.

Envinyatar

Beginner

Friday, May 5th 2017, 6:44am

I just realized that the teamwork component is truly terrible in this game...
Other than one dimensional battles, there's almost nothing else to cooperate on. The arena is meaningless, there's only one thing to do @ your order and that is donate 10x your level. LOL. Can we please get a little more creative. Order objectives would be great. Seriously

Maestre_

Beginner

Friday, May 5th 2017, 9:30am

Quoted from "Maestre_"

I think you should FIRST solve your most important issues, and THEN you will be able to create a new and successful world.
I'm just gonna answer this one... GAS is lazy as hell; INT 7 isn't started manually but automatically by the Holy War 2.0 program which iterates a new world when a certain player limit is reached. Now that number is supposed to be 3,000 although INT 6 is actually closer to 2,850 the last time I checked.

Oh, I didn't remember that. So... could people create multi-accounts in the new world to force 8 INT to appear? ?( Maybe it just counts unique IP addresses, but there are still ways to avoid it, and I wouldn't do that myself though.

I suggest changing that as well, as it would have made more sense if 7 INT was released after Holy War 3.0, not before, lol.

Friday, May 5th 2017, 2:49pm

The old game program has not been touched as it was written by previous programmers and the new programmers do not want to risk a security issue by messing with it. That is why no changes have been made or will be made to HW 2.0 and why HW 3.0 is being created. Several things were programmed to automatically take place in HW 2.0 and that includes that when the int'l world hits 3000 members then it automatically creates the new world. Whether there are multi's or not I have no idea without going thru all 3k of them but it still creates a new world. It will continue to do this until HW 3.0 is ready.
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:16am

The old game program has not been touched as it was written by previous programmers and the new programmers do not want to risk a security issue by messing with it. That is why no changes have been made or will be made to HW 2.0 and why HW 3.0 is being created. Several things were programmed to automatically take place in HW 2.0 and that includes that when the int'l world hits 3000 members then it automatically creates the new world. Whether there are multi's or not I have no idea without going thru all 3k of them but it still creates a new world. It will continue to do this until HW 3.0 is ready.
Hi there supermod :P

I don't get one thing HW 3.0 is for all the worlds or just one? If its just for one well it just wouldn't make sense business wise. Plus if ppl actually knew something about law there could very well be a class action against GAS if HW 3.0 is only for the new worlds and not the ones already existing... :pinch: :whistling:

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:23am

scioperhaus I am not sure what there plans are at this point other than to create HW 3.0 :) I don't know if they will create all the same worlds and move characters over or if this will be a new world totally. They haven't given me any clarification on it either!

And on another note I have one more suggestion/idea! PLEASE let us look at Blacksmith and or stalls when we are working so that you can see prices etc without going out of work or a plunder! Not worried about spending money just while waiting around for a plunder or work it's nice if you can shop around ahead of time!
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:26am

Merge all existing worlds in one.

And all international worlds in one. Level difference is a problem at first but there's XP hunting attacking ppl higher lvl. Again people that work their buts can benefit from it instead of extra plunders.

That would liven things up. Can't stress this out further. The rest is nice but if number of active players stays the same in all worlds..epic fail :pinch:

Consolidation is key when things aren't topsy-turvy ^^

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 2:30am

Definitely a suggestion they should take into consideration. I do not think there are many players left in the game and consolidation might be a good way to go. I hope they will give us more information soon and also have a beta game so that we can find any bugs and make suggestions based on what is happening. Hard to give ideas when you aren't sure exactly what they are planning on doing :)
Mod 575

Saturday, May 6th 2017, 5:13pm

Honestly I really dont buy that. They could easily remove/disable the automatic world creation and if the devs are worried about screwing up old coding, they shouldnt be developing a 3.0

Also, if theyre concerned about security, why then are all logins insecure?

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 2:24am

I just tell you what I know Katsuro :) I can't say that I blame them about not wanting to mess with old programming that they did not create because I'm sure there can be security issues that can pop up no doubt. Definitely were enough bugs in this game in the past and when they tried to fix it seems we had more issues again and lord knows it's got some bugs now too. Guess we wait and see hmmm? I just know they do not plan on changing anything in HW 2.0 and focusing on developing a new and more modern HW 3.0.
Mod 575

Bogong

Beginner

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 8:09am

I just know they do not plan on changing anything in HW 2.0 and focusing on developing a new and more modern HW 3.0.

Well I hope we take our existing game record with us to the new Holy-War 3.0.

If not, then I don't think I will have the energy and motivation to start again from scratch. Perhaps I will drop out of the game when my 10th anniversary comes up in a few months time?
The tixers and the stalkers (from Spanish and German worlds, not you people), have meant that I haven't enjoyed the past few years as much anyway.
Bogong in w1 and formerly w4. I allow myself to be understood as a colourful fragment in a drab world. ~ Errol Flynn.

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 3:49pm

Bogong I honestly have no idea what they intend to do. I surely hope, just as you do, that it's not consider a new world for us to start over again, because like you I do not think I have the energy for it anymore either. I've made some good friends in this game and it's what has kept me here for this long and that would be the greatest loss. Here's hoping they can transfer existing accounts over to the new version of HW :)
Mod 575

Kheira

Intermediate

Sunday, May 7th 2017, 7:56pm

Indeed ,
the BIG if is ,that they must move us with all skills and inventory to this new world ,
inter 7 is not tempting and starting all over is definitely a NO for me :!: :!:
"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,it's about learning to dance in the rain"

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Underground

Intermediate

Monday, May 8th 2017, 7:10pm

When we went from HW 1.0 to HW 2.0 the changes affected all of the worlds. I am sure 3.0 will incorporate the changes across all worlds.

Monday, May 8th 2017, 11:23pm

When we went from HW 1.0 to HW 2.0 the changes affected all of the worlds. I am sure 3.0 will incorporate the changes across all worlds.
Sure thing. And WE WANT MERGE! 8o :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 5:59pm

Oh, one thing thats an absolute must: Stable for house

Its ridiculously hard to sell a horse, especially when buying one yourself. Allow a horse to be at stable to sell whenever. Equip like a normal piece of equipment, old one goes to stable.

This is also helpful when top level players sell their horses to others or order members. Lets them keep their statted horse while selling

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 10:13pm

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll collect from all the languages and then evaluate to see how to move forward. We'll look again in this thread to stay updated.

Underground

Intermediate

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 6:23am

I would like to also see an erase all button for sending messages. In the body of the message, sometimes you reply to messages that have like 7k characters. If you are on a phone, it is hard to erase all of that.

Kheira

Intermediate

Thursday, May 11th 2017, 7:24pm

Some events would be nice as well !
Like a few times a year you get this message
"while plundering you have met a Priest/Shaman/Imam he has convinced you to a change of faith ,you have now 24 hours to refuse or accept and leave your current order"
(price is one free change of faith)
While protecting you have met the love of your life ,he/she is from a fortunate family and offers you a wedding if you accept within 24 hours
(price is one free marriage)
During a raid on a castle you have found far too much gold to spend on your own ,you now have 24 hours to offer 5.000 gold to a player of your choice

And someone talked about avi's for non-premium ,
that would be nice as a connection bonus ,you don't connect for 3 days ,no avatar ,you're active ,you get one ,
nice way for others to see if friends or cows are on the game or not 8o

And while you're working on HW3.0 maybe you good do us a plunder text contest ,to keep us busy while we're waiting for this to happen ?

Thank you ,
Kheira

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Envinyatar

Beginner

Friday, May 12th 2017, 1:22am

LOL c'est marrant !

Envinyatar

Beginner

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 12:55am

If we can have an option to customise order-related notifications for battles, that'd be nice, too.
Also, if we can get a "mark all as read" in the drop down menu as well...

Maestre_

Beginner

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 5:19pm

+1 to the plunder/protect events: they would be a great addition to this game and they have potentially endless possibilities.

Another +1 to customize order notifications, I used to get too much as MO and AC :cursing: (not now as 5 int died when 6 int was released... It was going to die anyways so you should make an effort to avoid/pull back world deaths.

And what about being able to donate more to your order if you are premium. Keeping 10x level for no-premium and put 20x level to premium. This is because premium accounts have more plunders, so it makes sense.

Heritage

Beginner

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 11:46am

Indeed ,
the BIG if is ,that they must move us with all skills and inventory to this new world[/b] :!: :!:

When we have to start over i am defenetly out if this game.
No way i start over again.
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who i am and my attitude depends on who you are.

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 2:19pm

:D
Wkurzanie moda jest jak całowanie pod ogon lwa: przyjemność niewielka a ryzyko duże.

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 6:46pm

Rework Tournaments

Current formats have it ranked by level, which is fine for the 1st round but a low level player should not have a pretty much guaranteed slide right into finals. After the 1st round, or even seeding, should be randomized

Also, I have no problem with 3.0 being a totally new set of worlds. I will say though, if there isnt a retro world of sorts or if tixx redemption stays the same, then there is NO point in even making a new version as it will be just like every other world: Fine for a day then wallets make the game no fun anymore. I personally would not even bother signing up for new worlds and tbh, have lost most desire to remain premium (gave up premium in 2 worlds, debating on the 3rd or just selling the account)

Which on that note, I suggest a stall for account sales. Some players may want to jump into a world and have a top level account that is for sale. Finding one of a different language can be extremely tedious and if someone keeps an account premium, thats more $$$ for GAS, not to mention extremely easy to contact a player that has his account for sale

Envinyatar

Beginner

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:28pm

I would contend that the merges should be stratified by age of the world, like the way tournament leagues are formed.
It will be impossible for someone in a younger world, like Int. 6, to compete with an older 2.0 world because the gap is too big. It might be a whole year before they can start winning fights, which would not be pleasant.

Monday, May 15th 2017, 10:59pm

I would contend that the merges should be stratified by age of the world, like the way tournament leagues are formed.
It will be impossible for someone in a younger world, like Int. 6, to compete with an older 2.0 world because the gap is too big. It might be a whole year before they can start winning fights, which would not be pleasant.
MAKE HIM A GAS DEVELOPER!!! RUN FOR PRES! MAKE HW GREAT AGAIN!! 8o 8o :thumbsup: :thumbup: ^^

Make the merge happen!!! Sooner rather than laters! :whistling:

When do I get to vote? :D

Kheira

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 16th 2017, 10:49am

To me it's seems obvious they won't merge the inter worlds with the old worlds ,
at the first merge ,from our own lonely servers to the merged world groups we also had worries about the differences in level and skills ,
but very soon they grew together due to more battles ,more xp hits ,more cows ,
now you hardly can tell the difference between 6EN and 7EN or 1FR and 2FR ( for example) though they didn't start at the same time and it was like that within less than a year after merge and never took away the pleasure of playing because of all those new targets and new activity ;)

FR2 Kheira
NL3 C0okie

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 8:14pm

To me it's seems obvious they won't merge the inter worlds with the old worlds ,
at the first merge ,from our own lonely servers to the merged world groups we also had worries about the differences in level and skills ,
but very soon they grew together due to more battles ,more xp hits ,more cows ,
now you hardly can tell the difference between 6EN and 7EN or 1FR and 2FR ( for example) though they didn't start at the same time and it was like that within less than a year after merge and never took away the pleasure of playing because of all those new targets and new activity ;)
8o 8o 8o :thumbup:

Make it happen! :***** We want merge!

:thumbsup:

P.S. Last post on merging Ws from me! Don't ban me from the forum for spam! :P ;( :D

Bogong

Beginner

Friday, May 26th 2017, 9:25pm

Oh, one more thing I think everyone will agree with.

Have the game make a sound after a 10 minute plunder. Almost all of us use timers anyway, so having one built into the game will make things more convenient for all players.
Bogong in w1 and formerly w4. I allow myself to be understood as a colourful fragment in a drab world. ~ Errol Flynn.

Maestre_

Beginner

Friday, May 26th 2017, 9:56pm

Any news about HW 3.0? I remember that someone asked "for a rough estimate" of the release date of 3.0 but nobody answered such a question (I think).

Also, could you quit the in-game message "World International 7 is out"? It just keeps popping up every day I log in... Stop the spam, please.

And the idea of the 10 min plunder sound is simple, but great!

Maestre_

Beginner

Friday, June 9th 2017, 12:50am

Yes, it's me again. I don't know/remember if someone has said it already but I honestly think that:

- It's not fair that it's not possible to attack cities if you are not premium. I'm AC in an order in the brand new 7 Int, all ACs are supossed to do strategic stuff, and Holy War 2.0 is very focused to cities. Therefore, the function of attacking a city should be basic, not a premium benefit. I'm not premium, so I can't attack any city.

You are just cutting the chances to people who decide to not be premium in a certain world. Yes, you will prevent multi-accounts to do fake battles, but what about the fair ones?

Couldn't you just block the attack function to the suspicious accounts and let the fair non-premium play this game with all the basics available?

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 2:56pm

Now about team arena, the only thing that make us still doing the team arena fights is XP but to give only 3 XP per a fight is ridiculous, make at least to 10
Another thing is city battles declaring and reach: now a sarrecan order have a pagan allies and pagan enemies, when i have an area free of christians and pagan enemies that should mean that no order can reach me, but they still can reach me through my pagan allies? -_- thats wrong

Yesterday, 1:33pm

Another thing that I feel is important is allowing the purchase of say a six pack of tix and being able to use them across worlds. I play 8 worlds and would love to be able to buy a six pack at a cheaper price and use one ticket across 6 of them for battle healing or premium if needed. Instead you have to purchase one in every world at a higher price. Would think there could be a way to allow the use of tickets in different worlds.
Mod 575

Rate this thread