You are not logged in.

Monday, July 29th 2013, 4:37am

Mercing your chars in grouped worlds

Currently the rule is an OM cannot hire mercs that they own in a different world. Makes sense, but what about ACs who have orders in other worlds or are ACs there? There is nothing stopping an AC from hiring his own account, which really is no different then an OM from doing so.

I would even include a rule against an order hiring a merc from a different world if said merc is owned by a member of the hiring order.

If one is not allowed, the others shouldn't be as well

Monday, July 29th 2013, 5:40pm

I would assume that GAS would punish an AC if they hired one of their other accounts. It is still against the rules because they are getting an unfair advantage. We don't know how much they were hired for could have been 1k or could have been 30k. So in the end i think the rule still applies to them.
W6 - Holy Leader - Active
W11 - Holy Leader - Active

Tuesday, July 30th 2013, 5:34am

As of right now, per HW support, it isn't against the rules for an AC to hire their own characters

Friday, February 7th 2014, 9:35pm

I am bumping this with the question as to how this is any different in selling equipment to your own character or the like.

Using someone elses gold to advance your character should be held as more egregious then anything. Who knows what you hire yourself for, could be max allowed when you normally merc for min!

This practice should be disallowed. If your character isn't in the order to fight, they should not benefot from doing so as a merc.

Rate this thread