You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 1:32am

I really don`t care if is 2h safe or not - I act as it isn`t anyway. Penelope is right, a lot of things that are now source of complaints were asked long time ago - even the tix changed from 1000( doesn`t matter the level) to what is now has roots in this forum.
1. If the cow is on and protected for 2h when he logs in, change your time and hit him when he is offline. I know 0 cows that are safe 24h per day ---- Real problem is, `they hit him but not me`
2. Not even pre-battle hits are an issue - if he logged in before battle, he will be healed and ready for battle, doesn`t matter if he is protected or not.
3. Asking for xp hit before getting off work is something borderline, not in the benefit of the overall game. You want xp, go and get it with full work pay.
My 2c.

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 2:05pm

In reply to your points DY:

1. Not everyone has the luxury of simply changing when they hit cows. I am sure a great deal of people have other things to do, such as real life work and family, and allocated a certain time to play.

2. This alone didn't kill pre-battle hits. There are a number of factors that have. Now logging in doesn't necessarily mean they are fully healed, they could log in while at work then plunder and forget to heal.

3. Are you suggesting people hunt for xp with full work pay? That is absurd and why not be able to get an extra 10-20xp during work shift like people have done in the past prior to the login? A single hit benefits the player from being safe and collecting pay without worry of being hit. That is the "reason" for the absurdly long 2 hour login anyway, but can't be abused by logging out and in every half hour

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 5:13pm

Just as reference, a major cow was shared in a new world that gave 600+, substantial when people are around lvl 50. I waited 1 hour after the timestamp to be greeted by the infamous "You cannot attack this player right now" message.

Did he still have 6k on him? Who knows, but point is I couldn't find out and by the time he is unsafe very well may have spent this.

this is a major reason why this addition should be removed.

What is the status of the poll?

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Friday, July 26th 2013, 12:30pm

Hello,

I haven't received any information regarding a poll, at this point. I will share all news I hear about that with you, ASAP.

Regards,

CApeX

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 2:59pm

In reply to your points DY:

1. Not everyone has the luxury of simply changing when they hit cows. I am sure a great deal of people have other things to do, such as real life work and family, and allocated a certain time to play.

2. This alone didn't kill pre-battle hits. There are a number of factors that have. Now logging in doesn't necessarily mean they are fully healed, they could log in while at work then plunder and forget to heal.

3. Are you suggesting people hunt for xp with full work pay? That is absurd and why not be able to get an extra 10-20xp during work shift like people have done in the past prior to the login? A single hit benefits the player from being safe and collecting pay without worry of being hit. That is the "reason" for the absurdly long 2 hour login anyway, but can't be abused by logging out and in every half hour
1. If a cow is busy, go for others and don`t be just a leech. That was my first point.
2. Pre-battle hits are good against mercs and not logged in accounts these days. Chances to find 10% players stupid enough to not read an email regarding them being attacked or being attackers are close to 0.
3. I am suggesting that IF you want so badly xp right before getting off the work, go for it with full work pay on you.

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 3:09pm

PS
2h safe rule applies randomly from what I see, so act like it is not in place when you get your work pay.

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 5:11pm

1. "Don't be a leech" ummm, all cow hunters are leeches by your logic. People share hits with timestamps, have since I started playing in 2008 when this addition was not implemented. Gold hunting is part of the game and a reason for the "activity" that HW chimed about during this whole update.

2. Pre battle hits are virtually useless since battle healing and increased residence healing came about. Now when a player cannot be hit 5 levels higher for 2 hours EVERY time they log in, the chances of being dropped to little life is near nil.

3. Hitting people for XP with full pay has been punished in the past for being a "professional cow". I don't know anyone that wishes to blow a few hundred to several thousand for an xp. Again, asking for a SF before coming off work has been done for several years.

The main point is there is no real reason for a player to be safe for 2 hours because of a login. I suppose the main explanation was for lower levels from being pegged right off work. Well the timing from coming off work to the time of hitting someone is very short and not reason enough to implement the addition. For people who come off work and choose to not put up SF to keep gold safe, why should players be penalized for their refusal to keep gold safe?

Some explanations for some areas of HW reference "real life" such as random factor. Well do you think a noble with bags of gold on them wouldn't be robbed in real life? Cows should never be protected because of their mistakes or refusal to keep their cash safe.

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 8:36pm

1. "Don't be a leech" ummm, all cow hunters are leeches by your logic. People share hits with timestamps, have since I started playing in 2008 when this addition was not implemented. Gold hunting is part of the game and a reason for the "activity" that HW chimed about during this whole update.

2. Pre battle hits are virtually useless since battle healing and increased residence healing came about. Now when a player cannot be hit 5 levels higher for 2 hours EVERY time they log in, the chances of being dropped to little life is near nil.

3. Hitting people for XP with full pay has been punished in the past for being a "professional cow". I don't know anyone that wishes to blow a few hundred to several thousand for an xp. Again, asking for a SF before coming off work has been done for several years.

The main point is there is no real reason for a player to be safe for 2 hours because of a login. I suppose the main explanation was for lower levels from being pegged right off work. Well the timing from coming off work to the time of hitting someone is very short and not reason enough to implement the addition. For people who come off work and choose to not put up SF to keep gold safe, why should players be penalized for their refusal to keep gold safe?

Some explanations for some areas of HW reference "real life" such as random factor. Well do you think a noble with bags of gold on them wouldn't be robbed in real life? Cows should never be protected because of their mistakes or refusal to keep their cash safe.
1. Yes and No. It`s a subtle difference - are some that, if a cow is busy - doesn`t matter the reason -, don`t complain and go for others, and are some that complain too much

2. So for battle hits (as you claimed earlier in the topic) it`s no difference if protection is on or not.
3. You read but you take what you want from it. Even Soulless Lady said she can trouble-shot the protection when she wants it. Again I say: IF you want so badly THAT xp, attack the first opponent equal or higher then you first moment you get off work.

As for protection or not, I stated up above that I play like it is no protection. It doesn`t bother me at all if the decision is to keep it or not. A poll should be done.

Saturday, July 27th 2013, 9:31pm

For people who come off work and choose to not put up SF to keep gold safe, why should players be penalized for their refusal to keep gold safe?
Lets face it, after a while you know which are dedicated cows. You are not penalized, you actually get incentives - the cow usually plunder directly, so protection = bigger haul for you.
Right now you are talking about possible cows, that`s another story. It`s a lottery. Whenever you see the message `you cant attack x` instead thinking GAS robbed you from your rights of hauling and bragging in SB, think `I saved 5 min for 0 haul`.

Sunday, July 28th 2013, 12:34am

As I said before, some people have a set timeframe they can come online, in fact I would say a lot of people have that window of play. Its not as simple as a "just hit later" deal as it could be 10 hours until they get back online for whatever personal deal they have.

A lot of things were added that were unnecessary, this is one of them

Thursday, September 12th 2013, 1:56am

Still waiting.......

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Monday, September 16th 2013, 3:50pm

Since CApex said he would post if there is any news, and he has not posted, there is no news. Let's not nag.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Rate this thread