You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 7:32pm

New world

Is there any possibility of the next world that is opened could be a vintage world following the original game plan? No battle healing, no 8 hour healing, no protects etc
Well, she turned me into a newt. A newt? I got better. :thumbup:

Friday, April 26th 2013, 7:48pm

is that the world we're we throw stones at each other and wear cavemen/cavewomen outfits ? :D
DJ Shorty

Friday, April 26th 2013, 8:02pm

why not have a doley world or a happy slapping world ? you know like little miss asbo
DJ Shorty

Friday, April 26th 2013, 9:31pm

How i wish they had a V1 world, the old plunders, old work.

They would have to have some of V2 features such as namechange and faithchange.

Bring back old fight script, glorious battles, old xp gains.

That would be what retains players and therefore longterm gains, not 500x level for gold redeption by a few players.

Bring back skill and hard work to at least one world, not where people have open wallets and then some think they are skilled players

Jag10300

Trainee

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 8:42am

Vintage world

Think this is a great idea and has many times been spoken about before. And to call it a Vintage world and number it V1 etc would be good also, think you might hopefully see a few old faces back, would be nice to familiars again. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8o

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 8:17am

Maybe GaS should sell the old V1 code to the players to run their own underground version of HW :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll start the bidding at 1 tix :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jim pruitt

Intermediate

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 9:46am

I as well would love to see a world like this. one where you pick and chose your battles, did pre strikes knowing that it actually did some good, where you earned what you had by plundering and hunting. Not a world where someone can buy a world killer account then sit on a mountain and crow about how great they are.
I know lets have a poll and see what most want. 8o
When Life hands you Lemons grab the Tequila :D
W3-- Ban Hammer Gnome - TC
W5 --Opoton -TUA
W7--_J_--WBS
W9 -- Paladin --KT
IN3 - Ban Hammer Gnome -- IPC
IN4 --Ban Hammer Gnome- SOUL
I am not addicted 8o I swear I ain't :S
MOD -618

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:03pm

If they could add a couple additions to v1 like quit work, that would be awesome. Even if they made it premium only, so they can generate revenue and no gold redemption, the old 1k plunders and whatnot, i think that would be by far the most active world. With tixx promotions every month, it gets a lil monotonous seeing the same people gain 50 stats overnight

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 12:48pm

Agree, would love to see this occur and definitely no getting out of work. That was a great part of the game. :)
~ Mod 322 ~

Wednesday, May 1st 2013, 11:34pm

Dont forget the 1gold for each search out of your own pocket.

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 12:44am

Yes bring back the cost of haivng to xp hunt. :)
~ Mod 322 ~

HolyWarCrusader

Unregistered

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 7:03am

Yes this is a grand idea i would be there for sure

Thursday, May 2nd 2013, 12:27pm

Gold only world opens on Glory War

It looks like they are trying it out on Glory-Wars and soon on Ai-Wars. I would assume if these are successful, we will see it occur on Tagoria and Holy-War.

First “goldworld” online in fantasy browsergame Glory Wars
News Gameart Studio
The first goldworld went online in the worldwide popular fantasy browsergame Glory Wars. “Goldworld” means that gold is the only ingame currency. Plainly said: Every game feature can be used absolutely free.

The new world is also international and multilingual. That means every player can choose the language of the game. All GameArt Studio games are available in eleven languages.

The player can also choose freely between the eleven different languages of the Shoutbox, which became free of charge some time ago and connects players from all over the world.

The Berlin based developer also announced that the players of its science fiction browsergame A.I. War can get excited as well, because a similar world is also planned for A.I. War. Until then the players can try out the goldworld in Glory Wars.

The GameArt Studio team wishes its players much fun in the first goldworld and interesting encounters with players from all over the world.

source :

http://www.gameartstudio.de/nachrichtenl…glory-wars.html
~ Mod 322 ~

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 1:12am

:thumbsup: I would love to see this happen. I really do miss the way it use to be. Was great strategy and nothing more irritating than going to work and then realizing you have battle and can't get our of work ^^ Was much more competitive and much more interesting!
As WC Fields once said, "It was a woman drove me to drink, and I never stopped to thank her.^^
Mod 575

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 1:43am

Does glory wars and ai wars use other currency then gold, such as diamond? Technically in HW, gold is the only in game currency, one can buy ridiculous amounts of it.

I would like a support team member to clarify what this means exactly

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 3:40pm

The new Glory War AU (gold) world now only uses gold as a currency. The other worlds there use diamonds to buy premium items/services. AI-Wars and Tagoria also currently use diamonds for all of their worlds for premium equipment/services.
~ Mod 322 ~

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 12:03pm

a "Gold World" as the new world for Holy war would be awesome! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 12:15pm

All worlds in Holy War are "gold worlds".

Regards,

CApeX

itsjustme

Professional

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 1:36pm

No, it's a ticket world. You use tickets to purchase things, like gold.

I don't play any of the other games so don't have anything to draw on there. But some other games I do play you purchase "tokens" with real money and those tokens can be redeemed for gear or packs of items etc. There is also "money" in the game that can be used to buy gear, but not packs of items, so the tokens add a benefit. Just like tickets do hear, the ticket is a benefit to those who purchase them to use to redeem for extra plunders or gold, so a ticket is just like a "diamond" or a "token".

I would love to see a world where you pay $10 (or whatever) to play and can't purchase anything, everything is gold based. You pay $10 every month or you don't play, period. OR you pay $10 and you play for a set length of time and the world is over (resetting world idea that's been discussed ad-nausea)
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 2:24pm

You generate gold through many means. By working, mercing or plundering, for example. You generate more gold by buying tickets and cashing gold in for those.

And that is exactly how it works in the "gold world" of Glory Wars now.

Regards,

CApeX

itsjustme

Professional

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 3:31pm

Then to me the "gold world" of Glory Wars is a Ticket World instead of a "Diamond" or "Gem" or "Ruby" world...Buying a ticket gives you the opportunity to gain an advantage over someone who doesn't, so Ticket is the game changing mechanism, just like diamonds are for those worlds. Just because someone calls it a Gold World, doesn't mean it is.
If you used money to purchase Gold and then used that gold to buy things to give you an advantage, say a special weapon kit (premium only type thing) or additional missions (Plunders) then it would be a "Gold" world.

Whatever method used to purchase an advantage is what type of world it is, at least to me. (Not that purchasing an advantage is a bad thing in and of itself, just there should be a balance-that again is just my opinion, some don't care about balance, they only want to be the strongest so they spend the most and that's fine too, for them)

Maybe I"m over simplifying it, or idealizing it in my mind...

At any rate, back to topic I suppose...would like to see a world where the ability to purchase advantages were reduced or even eliminated, by whatever means - Gold, Ticket, Diamonds or Pearls etc

OK, moving on now...

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 7:02pm

You generate gold through many means. By working, mercing or plundering, for example. You generate more gold by buying tickets and cashing gold in for those.

Regards,

CApeX

So you can buy Diamonds and use them to get Gold in the new Glory Wars Gold World?
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 8:20pm

I could be mistaken, as i never actively played any other GAS game, but wasnt the idea of the diamonds and whatnot originally planned to reduce the stat disparity in tixxing, but allow tixxers to still gain an advantage?

If now everything is gold based, are they just deleting diamonds and creating tixxing?

Now i could be vastly wrong, but thats what it seems to look like.

itsjustme

Professional

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:35pm

Regards,

CApeX

So you can buy Diamonds and use them to get Gold in the new Glory Wars Gold World?

I don't think so, the Diamonds (or whatever) are eliminated in the new GW world from the way I understand it.

I "think" the Diamonds were used for other things that Gold couldn't buy, sorta like HW's premium weapons. Diamonds were like tickets, but different. People could buy premium only that allowed some more than basic features, they could also buy Diamonds and exchange them for gold or special items.

Not sure if they just eliminated the special items or made it so you could buy them with gold, that is now also available via tickets in GW (May have always been that way)

OK, moving on now...

itsjustme

Professional

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:38pm

I could be mistaken, as i never actively played any other GAS game, but wasnt the idea of the diamonds and whatnot originally planned to reduce the stat disparity in tixxing, but allow tixxers to still gain an advantage?

If now everything is gold based, are they just deleting diamonds and creating tixxing?

Yes that is my understanding as well. The Diamonds could also be found on missions etc allowing players to get advanced features and functions without shelling out cash.

OK, moving on now...

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 1:08am

Yes that is my understanding as well. The Diamonds could also be found on missions etc allowing players to get advanced features and functions without shelling out cash.

Yes, I vaguely recall playing Glory Wars for a little while, same with AI Wars and Tagoria. They just were too different from HW for me to adapt easily, so I gave them a miss. As I recall (may be incorrect), the tixxing dynamic in those was different; the HW equivalent would be that GP bought stats, tickets bought services like BH, gold banking, etc, etc, equipment was purchased with GP, GP plus tickets, or just plain tickets, depending on what it was. Now everything in GW costs GP. Yay!

What I was doing was (apparently too) subtly mocking CApex's poor explanation. I'll quote the relevant bit I was poking fun at, with some non-essential bits removed for clarity:

"You generate more gold by buying tickets and cashing gold in for those.
And that is exactly how it works in the "gold world" of Glory Wars now." - So, you know, according to this wording, you can cash tickets in for gold in GW now. Ha ha. Joke killed. Thanks.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 3:08am

Forge, you forgot to use the sarcasm font :P

you have to have [ font = 'sarcasm' ] and then [ / font ] at the end and remove the spaces and you can see that first bit is different than this bit

OK, moving on now...

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 5:42pm

No. And you can't do it in Holy War, either.

Quoted

So, you know, according to this wording, you can cash tickets in for gold in GW now. Ha ha. Joke killed. Thanks.
Perhaps it is because I am not fluid in this language. I assume "mocking" me because of that is alright, then. (It doesn't do anything to improve communication, though, since I may overlook certain sarcastic remarks you are going to make in the future, because of my linguistic flaws. Please continue to point out that you are "mocking" me and aren't really interested in communication, so I know when to reply and when not. Thank you.)

What I meant is that you can get more gold (apart from the other ingame ways to generate it) by buying a ticket and exchanging it for gold. And that's how it goes in the GW Gold World, and that's how it is in HW.

Regards,

CApeX

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 8:27pm

Unfortunately thats exactly what i had suspected.

If the other worlds are still intact with the "old" ways, why doesnt HW create a vintage world where tixxing was just 1k a ticket regardless of level?

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Friday, May 17th 2013, 2:57am

Perhaps it is because I am not fluid in this language. I assume "mocking" me because of that is alright, then. (It doesn't do anything to improve communication, though, since I may overlook certain sarcastic remarks you are going to make in the future, because of my linguistic flaws. Please continue to point out that you are "mocking" me and aren't really interested in communication, so I know when to reply and when not. Thank you.)

Fluent, not fluid.

If mild sarcastic humor at your expense is forbidden, I will be perfectly happy to speak to you completely dispassionately. I do mock my friends that way, as I assumed you did, that's why it's typically called "friendly ribbing" in English. I often forget that you are not a native speaker, since you have loudly and proudly claimed fluency in the past. I will not make such errors again.

Also, it's worth considering that a certain amount of banter from us, the PAYING CUSTOMERS to you, the PAID EMPLOYEE, might be not only excused, but expected. I am always profoundly civil to customers encountered in my professional life, though that's rare anymore.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Friday, May 17th 2013, 3:08am

That was thoughtless of me. Of course I should give you the same opportunity. Please, mock away. Last chance for it.

Ich weiß nicht, wie die Dinge in Deutsch sind fertig. Im Englischen wird es nicht als unhöflich, Spaß an der schlechten Rede des anderen zu machen. Es ist unhöflich, wenn ohne Geschick getan. Es ist unhöflich, wenn mehr getan, als den Fehler Verdienste. Es ist nicht unhöflich, wenn die Absicht ist freundlich Korrektur, auch wenn der Mechanismus spöttisch.

Ich bin immer ganz besonders in der Wortwahl, wenn er nicht Englisch sprechen, weil dieser. Ich wusste nicht, dass Deutsche nicht verspotten schlechte Rede.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Friday, May 17th 2013, 4:41am

:S
I am always profoundly civil to customers encountered in my professional life, though that's rare anymore.

I hate people. When i was younger working overnights at a convenient store, i got to throw someone out of the store. No, not say "out", but go round the counter, grab his ass and physically toss his teenage wasteland out the door. The look on the college kids was priceless as i tossed every obscenity to the kid, looked at them as they were all shocked and greeted them with all courtesy like nothing ever happened :evil:

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Friday, May 17th 2013, 11:01am

Yes, fluent. Of course. My bad. :thumbsup:

Also, it's worth considering that a certain amount of banter from us, the PAYING CUSTOMERS to you, the PAID EMPLOYEE, might be not only excused, but expected.

I do expect it. That won't stop me from addressing it, however. (Don't expect me to switch between humor and seriousness as fluent as I may or may not speak the language, please. I am a working drone, not accustomed to human behavior. Especially if the barrier between "paying customer service" and "friendly banter" is as thin as it was, above. It's confusing.)

And your translator speaks a terrible german. ;)

Regards,

CApeX

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 3:17am

All worlds in Holy War are "gold worlds".

Regards,

CApeX

Yes I guess it's already like that