You are not logged in.

longo

Super Moderator EN

• "longo" started this thread

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 12:49pm

Exchange of Accounts & Warnings/Bans

Dear Players,

As stated in the Game Rules, we do not offer Support for the sale of accounts. Players do this at their own risk.

However, it may happen that you buy an account from someone, then make a slightly offensive comment in the Shoutbox, and receive a 30-day SB block for it. This is because the account which you have bought may have a history of warnings/bans, which the previous owner omitted to tell you about.

According to the new procedure, accounts receive an increasingly longer ban length with every offence, ultimately resulting in an indefinite block:

Step 1: Warning
Step 2: 24 Hour Ban
Step 3: 72 Hour Ban
Step 4: 7 Day Ban
Step 5: 30 Day Ban
Step 6: permanent block

Therefore, if you have bought your account from another player and break the rules, Support will issue a punishment depending on how many warnings that account has already received, regardless of how many different people have played it.

However, since players are not able to check how many warnings their account has already received, Support and Mods are now offering to tell players who have recently taken over another account how many warnings their account has already been given, if any.

To do this, simply write a PM to one of the mods or to Support, who will then tell you how many warnings/bans your account has already received.

IMPORTANT: Accounts cannot have their warnings reset to 'zero'. In other words, we would suggest that if you are taking over another account, you must first ask the original player how many warnings that account has received.

Cheers,
lee 8)

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Friday, August 31st 2012, 4:36am

Why can we only check warnings AFTER buying the account? It seems to me, if you wanted to do this right, you could request info on warnings/bans on the target account, mods should contact target account for confirmation, then give the potential buyer that information if the target account holder consents.

Disclaiming negative information AFTER purchase/transfer is not helpful. In fact, in most localities, failing to disclose negative information about a sale, or misleading about the condition of a saleable item is prohibited and punished.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

longo

Super Moderator EN

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 9:42pm

The seller can ask for the info & pass it on
lee 8)

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 10:44pm

Seller can also lie like a rug. Info that passes through the seller's hands can be modified. People who have a lot of warnings/bans are more likely to lie about that, to increase sale price.

As this directly affects the true valuation of the account, I strongly request some method for verifying the status of an account before sale.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

longo

Super Moderator EN

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 10:22am

I understand what your saying but i cant see gas giving out information on accounts you dont own

This is how gas see it

Account Transfers: NOT SUPPORTED!!!These tranactions are solely between players themselves, and the Holy War Team does not have any involvement in them whatever. Assistance from the support team regarding such matters is not offered!
lee 8)

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 10:48am

Lee is right, you can either trust the seller to make an inquiry with Support about the account's ban history, or just not risk it and lose your money to an account with a record longer than Charles Manson's ;)

Cheers!
Gen.D

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 3:57pm

Are these punishments for SB use or actual login punishment? I recently pruchased an account that has a warning on it, and although i have no plans on misbehaving, we all know it can happen.

As such the next punishment is 24 hours, but is that for not allowing SB use or will i not be able to play for a day?

longo

Super Moderator EN

Tuesday, April 9th 2013, 7:40pm

If anything it would be sb
lee 8)