You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Shadowed Thief" started this thread

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 1:12pm

World Merging - deletion of accounts

Could I suggest that you change the decision of deleting accounts that haven't been logged into for 30 to 60 days, just as a precaution OR to email all those accounts to warn them that if they do not log in their accounts will be deleted as part of the world merging process.
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 2:51pm

As far as I know, informations have actually been given out via email.

CApeX

itsjustme

Professional

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 3:20pm

yep, got spammed today 8) Nicely done ;)
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Friday, May 25th 2012, 7:43am

I think accounts that have bought a tixx but haven't logged in for over 120 days should be deleted also :)

just my opinion :thumbup:

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 11:02am

I think you should have messaged everyone and offered them 7 days free prem to come back to HW and try the new updates and features with the world merge instead of just deleting them

:thumbsup:

Traffic Gnome

Intermediate

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 7:27pm

thats a much better idea Eus :thumbsup:

and if they don't buy a tixx after their 7 days free prem then delete them :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

itsjustme

Professional

Tuesday, May 29th 2012, 9:04pm

thats a much better idea Eus :thumbsup:

and if they don't buy a tixx after their 7 days free prem then delete them :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

7 days, plus one for the bank transfer option, we all know how slow and evil banks are 8| :whistling:
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Nagap

Beginner

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 10:17pm

i like Eus idea, and think it should be carried out.

also, once the dead accounts are delated then how long after will the merging of worlds begin? if it's weeks or even months then there will be no one to hit in some worlds, i think there is about 45 players active in w4, not much to aim for when people want to keep themselves safe.

When you talk about world merges, how is this going to take place?

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 9:07am

You guys are that impatient, huh?

As has been said a thousand and twelve times already: the merge will be completed by the end of June.

It is being worked on as I type.

We (the Support) have not yet been told exactly how it will look, but rest assured that the developers have the players' best interests in mind :)

Asking a whole load of times ain't gonna make it happen any faster :P

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 11:10am

You telling us over and over that its going to happen at the end of june is not very helpfull maybe giving us (the players) a little bit of information explaining how its going to work. :?:

theres to much speculation and guess work from players which is probably why the same question keeps getting asked. :cursing:

A little more advice than "Its going to happen at the end of June" would be nice. :thumbup:

Nagap

Beginner

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 2:17pm

As has been said a thousand and twelve times already: the merge will be completed by the end of June.

guess i must have slept through the past few months, it's the first time I have seen a time stamp on the merge :rolleyes:
Tnx Dragoneater.

Friday, June 1st 2012, 10:25am

I already told y'all everything I know about the merge. You gotta believe me! That's all I know! I don't know any more! If you don't believe me, just go ahead and shoot me why don't ya! ;(

Ahem...

All I can suggest is to read the entirety of this threadagain, where details on the merge are discussed in some depth.

Lavely jabley, 8o
DragonEater

Friday, June 1st 2012, 3:19pm

I already told y'all everything I know about the merge. You gotta believe me! That's all I know! I don't know any more! If you don't believe me, just go ahead and shoot me why don't ya! ;(

Ahem...

All I can suggest is to read the entirety of this threadagain, where details on the merge are discussed in some depth.

Lavely jabley, 8o
DragonEater

You asked for it index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=6762
:thumbsup: I SMILE AT YOU SO YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT I'M UP TOO :thumbsup:

BENCH401 W1
BENCH401 W7
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Saturday, June 2nd 2012, 3:46am

Yeah offering long gone players some free premium might be a good idea. Wish gas would realize that lol
i7 3770k @ 3.7GHz - Asus P8Z77-V Premium - Corsair Hydro H100i - 16Gb DDR3-1600 7-8-8-24 RAM - Gigabyte 780ti Windforce OC + EVGA 660 FTW ACX - 250GB Samsung 840 Evo sata-3 SSD - 2 x 3Tb Seagate Barracuda sata-3 HDD RAID-1 - 1TB Seagate Barracuda storage HDD - CM HAF 932 - CM TRIGGER 'brown' mechanical keyboard - CM Recon mechanical mouse - BenQ XL2411T 24

Monday, June 4th 2012, 12:22am

Ya it could bring some of the oldies back. Bye the way does anyone know when the worlds will be merging?

Monday, June 4th 2012, 8:17am

Hahaha :rolleyes: the worlds will be merged by the end of June. The suggestion of free Prem before the deletion of accounts has been forwarded. That does not necessarily mean it will happen, though, but we can always hope :D

Cheers,
DragonEater

Friday, June 8th 2012, 11:44pm

Well seeing as GaS is a company they should know the old saw "you have to speculate to accumulate" - if GaS were to offer a week, or even a whole months, free premium to accounts that have laid idle for ages, they might get some people back into playing the game. I doubt giving something away like this would really cost them that much, especially considering how much the international worlds are raking in for them.

To me, and probably many others, GaS just do not seem interested in spending any amount of money trying to attract players to their games, other than Glory Wars. We need more players in Holy War, and if GaS was to do something like the above, they might revitalize the game.

Zezmia

Beginner

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 12:29am

I agree completely Shadowed Thief they wouldn't lose a thing from it but they go gain big from it. I sure would like for GaS to give all accounts a free week/month of premium I think it is a good idea.

Sunday, June 10th 2012, 11:47pm

*sigh* if only I could win the Euromillions :P I'm sure GaS isn't worth much more than a million euros or so :P would dearly love to buy this company and make some much needed improvements :D

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 6:44am

I vote for ST as HW dictator :thumbsup: First order of business.... hit the big red "DELETE" button 8)

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 5:55pm

Nah :P would be easier to make an online game rather than take this one over :P

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 2:38am

If I won the lottery, I think I would seriously consider buying out GAS, or at least buying HW away from them. I can envision a few relatively minor and a few fairly major changes that could very easily convert HW into a more viable, sustainable game. Not to mention, it would make the players happier and reduce the barrier to entry for new players, which would also have a huge impact on sustainability.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 9:33am

When (not if...it's only a matter of time) I win the lottery, I'm going to buy a new bike, a coffee kettle, some clothes without holes in them, a laptop and give the rest to charities, family and friends. ^^

Just see if I don't! 8o

...and maybe a tiny weenie Ferrari

Wednesday, June 13th 2012, 11:19am

So just to confirm

The world merge is happening around June 30th yes?

LOL

Zezmia

Beginner

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 11:57pm

If I won the lottery....

I would....

Buy DragonEater a new bike
Buy a ton of Yahoo
Walk up to a random hobo and give in $1,000.
Buy a pirate ship only to be shot down by the US Guard;)

What would you do?

Friday, June 15th 2012, 5:39am

Actually I'd fire the entire lot of em... :thumbup: :whistling:

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:51am

That's right, Shodwed Thief! If you want a job done properly, you've got to fire the entire team and do it yourself! Who needs game designers, audio engineers, technicians and all the rest of it to run an online game anyway?! I'm sure you're qualified in all of those areas, am I right? :sleeping:

Yes, Eusebius, the merge has been promised to us all by June 30th.

Sunday, June 17th 2012, 1:21pm

I don't have to be DragonEater, I know people who can do those things :P and for the things I don't know people for, people I know will know people who can do it :P For example, one of my friends knows more or less every programming language there is, he was such a natural at it he ended up teaching his University Tutors how to program :P

Now, just make sure your merger update aint buggy like ALL of GaS's previous "updates" etc have been ;D there's a good chap :P

erialc

Intermediate

Monday, June 18th 2012, 2:28pm

audio engineers,

HW has sound ?(
W2 contrarian (non-premium) ~ W3 contra (non-premium)~ W4 contra aka erialc (non-premium) ~ W5 Yasmine - Sold ~ W6 contrarian (OM) Dragon Warriors ~ W8 Holy PIA (non-premium) (OM) Because We Can

Zezmia

Beginner

Monday, June 18th 2012, 2:53pm

contrarianO.O It's me TemplarKnight you probably don't remember me:( What world are jib,Jarlath Mckennard,BrotherRalph,etc. in?

~Z~

cuzman

Beginner

Monday, June 18th 2012, 3:13pm

Brother Ralf is in w2

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 2:08pm

hehehe not necessarily HW :P

Zezmia

Beginner

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 3:21pm

Oh ok thanks Cuzzy

~Z~

cuzman

Beginner

Monday, June 25th 2012, 11:26pm

I just assumed he was talking about HW as this is the holy war forum is it not :huh:

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 11:13am

Quoted

Quoted from "DragonEater"
audio engineers,

HW has sound ?(

Quoted

hehehe not necessarily HW :P

i was referring to this

Rate this thread