Intermediate

• "Louise" started this thread

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 11:42am

hi 2

Why don't we have a thread for every new hello? ?(
Want to contact an Admin or Mod? Click -> Here

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 1:02pm

That would be too sensible, methinks...

Anyway, just to not make a new thread, I'm Chris, student at Cambridge University, studying Engineering. Nice to meet you all, although I'm probably gonna fail because I spend too many hours a day on here! :P
Here once more... I can't shake this addiction... ;(

Friday, February 20th 2009, 2:22am

I'm very confused. In How to do it* you say this:
Please add your contributions into one single thread, not everyone a thread for himself.
And then here, you say this:
Why don't we have a thread for every new hello? ?(
Which one do you want us to do?

* I can't be the only one who thought based on the subject that the thread was going to be about the e-birds and e-bees for your younger children who want to understand what's going on in the newer worlds.:)
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:11am

E-Babies ? :cursing:

:D
All the posts express the opinion of the author,
the owners of Holy-War and WoltLab GmbH (the developers of Burning
Board) cannot be held responsible for the content of those posts.
By registering, you agree not to post messages that are vulgar, impolite, disrespectful or that express (extreme) political views or
(verbal) law offences.
Additionally, the Administrators and Moderators of this board can edit or even delete your account for any reason.
Enjoy your stay at Holy-War!

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:50am

E-Babies ? :cursing:
Well, when a 15-year-old boy claiming to be a 21-year-old man and a 40-year-old man pretending to be a 18-year-old girl pretend to love each other very much even though they've never actually met, they hug each other in a special way, right in public, in the shoutbox of whichever world is newest at the time. About 3 days later, an e-baby is born.

There's some other stuff about fallopian tubes and vesicles and how to iggy stalker ex-e-girlfriends, but you'll learn all that in health class when you're older.
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Awesome_X

Trainee

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 3:00am

ha lmao
The Code of The Eternal Knights
  • Thou shalt defend and aid the weak and the innocent.
  • Thou shall resist the wicked.
  • Thy shall defend thy fellow knights.
  • Thou shalt not commit treason nor speak out against the knighthood.
  • Thou shall always act with diginity, honor, and courage.
  • Thy shall regard all, even the enemy, with due respect.
  • http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Awesome_X

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 1:23am

BOOSH!
Longest-serving OM in W2 (28, Jan, 2008 - present)

Joining W2? Use this link, and tell 'em Vlad sent ya': http://www.holy-war.net/?ref=19405-2ENHW

Jabbar ad-Din

Professional

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 2:12am

yay
The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell

Finally left HW... Yay me!! Ill be on the forums from time to time to comment on random stuff

Khuprus

Beginner

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 10:00pm

*Takes a bow*

I am commonly known by the name to the left, albeit as a surname only.

Male, freelance graphics artist (mainly done in 3D), friends call me Reyn or by my given first name, which you will get to know in time if you play your cards right. (aka I don't generally give these details out). I reside in Belfast for the moment, but only came here in November. Lived in France for a few years, but am Dutch by birth and have a degree in system administration. Oh, I am a former game admin in another game online and also an admin on a 3D website.

Hope to enjoy my stay here. If anyone needs graphics, I'll be watching the graphics section here for requests. ;)

Anyone interested in seeing samples, I will put up a link to my deviantArt gallery in the graphics section. :whistling:

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Monday, October 31st 2011, 4:33pm

Well, when a 15-year-old boy claiming to be a 21-year-old man and a 40-year-old man pretending to be a 18-year-old girl pretend to love each other very much even though they've never actually met, they hug each other in a special way, right in public, in the shoutbox of whichever world is newest at the time. About 3 days later, an e-baby is born.

There's some other stuff about fallopian tubes and vesicles and how to iggy stalker ex-e-girlfriends, but you'll learn all that in health class when you're older.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 971 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

i love how ebabies(and the quote is probably their best definition,thanx Falco!) created such a dumb new generation of players who only get emarried and donate to hire tixxers and kiss their butt :rolleyes:

well done guys over there that decide for the game
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 12:19pm

well done guys over there that decide for the game

Have we reached the point now where the company is taken responsible for the overall internet behavior of mankind in general (8|), or is this just my misinterpretation of your statement?

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 6:53pm

Isn't it?and no,not for the whole mankind,just for it's players.

ok,even i sometimes post foolish stuff when i'm chatting with a lady on sb,

but no,we didn't have e-married love messing up with gameplay,as it did with my w11 battle order which was 1st in the HS,

and no,in w8(where i started playing) we didn't have that gold for tixx ratio so that 1 person can beat an entire world,plus our uber tixxer had spent way more $$ to be an uber,not like today's ones.

However,no problem,ppl get maried and do not care if they have good battles with alot of ppl,they just stick to their married love(if it lasts and they don't end up marrying several times,so the whole situation becomes ridiculous really).

I ask,is this game the same thing i started playing?a game about the Crusades,based on WARFARE and NOT e-LOVE,with a big community and all the other things you put in your adverts?all this emo stuff make me think that since HOLY WAR not only allows,but also encourages more players who don't really have anything to do with the battles,or hard earned stats,it wouldn't be peculiar if i went to a dating site(which you also advertise,i'm non premium) and started talking about saracens and pagans and swords and axes!

maybe we should change places?if any admin can,contact the -whatever it's name is- dating site,and tell them that we will go there,and their clients should play HW!
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 9:48am

If two people enjoy spending their free time here flirting and chatting in the shoutbox, they have every right to do just that, as long as it is not breaking any rules.

Besides, aren't you the gentleman who joined me in a brief discussion regarding freedom of speech, lately? It's basically the same thing.

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 2:07pm

If two people enjoy spending their free time here flirting and chatting in the shoutbox, they have every right to do just that, as long as it is not breaking any rules.

that is entirely different(and in my opinion non relevant) from what i posted,since no,there are no rules to forbid "flirting" on sb,but they do destroy gameplay,as i already showed in my previous post

Besides, aren't you the gentleman who joined me in a brief discussion regarding freedom of speech, lately? It's basically the same thing.

i'm not a gentleman!this is an insult!gentlemen wear suits and ties and ewww,not going any further,Heavy Metal Is The Law :)

again,no rules are broken,but the gameplay looks more like a dating site,is this G@S policy?if yes,i will not debate anymore

and last,but in NO way least,

we didn't have that gold for tixx ratio so that 1 person can beat an entire world,plus our uber tixxer had spent way more $$ to be an uber,not like today's ones.

every admin or mod repeatedly ignores any non tixxing suggestions,or avoid even commenting it.just wanted to express my dissapointment,cause non tixxing suggestions and debates are an everyday topic,on sbs or in the forum,yet they get ignored

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 2:18pm

that is entirely different(and in my opinion non relevant) from what i posted,since no,there are no rules to forbid "flirting" on sb,but they do destroy gameplay,as i already showed in my previous post

I have yet to see serious proof that the chance to buy a ticket for an e-wedding in Holy War is "destroying gameplay". If that happens, though, I give you my word that the company will intervene.

In any case, the problems you describe are not caused by the chance to e-wed. People would stick to their "chat buddy", in any case. The fact that they can e-wed just shows they are "chat buddies".

That's all.

again,no rules are broken,but the gameplay looks more like a dating site,is this G@S policy?if yes,i will not debate anymore

It is not a dating site. It does allow social networking, though.

every admin or mod repeatedly ignores any non tixxing suggestions,or avoid even commenting it.just wanted to express my dissapointment,cause non tixxing suggestions and debates are an everyday topic,on sbs or in the forum,yet they get ignored

They do not get ignored. They are just not constantly commented. There's a big difference.

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 2:46pm

I have yet to see serious proof that the chance to buy a ticket for an e-wedding in Holy War is "destroying gameplay". If that happens, though, I give you my word that the company will intervene.
In any case, the problems you describe are not caused by the chance to e-wed. People would stick to their "chat buddy", in any case. The fact that they can e-wed just shows they are "chat buddies".

hmm...if you check the 2 latest worlds and their battles,i believe you will get enough proof...especially w11,the desease spread less in w12 because i constantly argued with the drama kings and queens(longo pls enter definition,i lost it somewhere ;-P) ,got banned several times for that and they didn't have the GUTS to repeat all the wedding/divorce drama.

no,i'm not against paying a ticket for marriage,even suggested that divorces should be charged with a ticket too,it's the sense of legal action the drama kings & queens think they have since the e-marriage thingie started

It is not a dating site. It does allow social networking, though.

social networking is also me,from a different country,exchanging opinions with ppl from other countries,and in my opinion that is a far higher level form of social networking,and i'm also very good at it :)

They do not get ignored. They are just not constantly commented. There's a big difference.

after SOME years and so few comments,i will not debate about tixxing again,just see if there is any action taken(i hope n the near future)

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 2:53pm

it's the sense of legal action the drama kings & queens think they have since the e-marriage thingie started

What people believe or not has nothing to do with the company. That's all I wanted to point out.

CApeX

Ozzman

Intermediate

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 3:10pm

this is not personally for you Cpt.,just felt like posting it tho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc-u5sltcZk

Captain ApeX

GameArt Support DE

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 3:12pm

I think you should start a thread somewhere appropriate that's dealing with music and what the user here are listening to, at present.

That video would be better suited there.

CApeX