Você não está logado.

Dear visitor, welcome to Holy-War. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ocupação: Software Developer/Musician

• Enviar mensagem particular

23.09.2009, 23:28

My favorite TV censorship ever is in Repo Man. They took a recording of Emilio Estevez saying "flip," and dubbed it over all 78 times he used the F-word in the movie, and even one time someone else used it. At the end of the movie, when she asks, "Otto, what about our relationship?" he turns around and says, "Flip." That is a truly great moment.

PS, Repo Man is another one of my favorite movies.

Mulvers

Não registrado

24.09.2009, 00:01

Reminds me of the "Funky Pete" extra on the Shaun of the Dead DVD :D

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

19.12.2009, 01:42

Avatar ---9/10........if you love fantasy!

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

19.12.2009, 02:41

Sci fi and Fantasy Movie Quiz

A new quiz for your pleasure. No Super heros. Remember- Fantasy has a wide spectrum!

1. High Score on Video game leads to Pilot’s License

2. Smexy Starlet later becomes RL villainess to the right- name star and fantasy movie name

3. Water is dangerous to the antagonist in this movie

4. Only Drakadi has more anger than this early franchise movie- name movie, guest star and series

5. This fantasy movie is very sweet.

6. Sci-Fi movie uses many sci fi clichés in this Human survival film

7. Many contend that #2 is better than the original but later all the numbers got jumbled.

8. A failed car company is famous in this movie series.

9. This teenage time tripping movie launches major movie star. Name movie and star
[/b]

10. Cutting edge animated film----1/2 of the story complete

19.12.2009, 03:47

1. Last Starfighter?

2. Jane Fonda in Barbarella.

3. There are multiple good answers, but Wizard of Oz has to be the winner.

7. Empire Strikes Back is better than Star Wars, which retroactively became first Star Wars 1 and then Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope.

8. Back to the Future, featuring the Delorean.

9. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure wasn't Keanu Reeves' first movie, but it is probably the one that launched his career into high orbit.

10. The Lord of the Rings was a zealous attempt to use state-of-the-art (for 1978) rotoscoping, as well as some new tricks like filming background paintings the same way live-action pictures do. Their budget was cut, the movie was released without "Part One," and plans for the second half were shelved, leaving everyone in suspense until 2002 (except those who can read).
Top accounts for sale: HW1 TG1 AI1
Already sold: HW2/3/4 TG1DE

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

19.12.2009, 03:57

Falcotron is right on all his guesses :-) so far

19.12.2009, 04:03

Falcotron is right on all his guesses :-) so far
I'm guessing that 4, 5, and 6 are too vague for me to get without further clues (at least without a lot of googling). Am I right on those too? :)

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

19.12.2009, 17:15

Bumped-- get the last three before Falco does!

19.12.2009, 17:30

my favourite movies are all the SAW movies ..1,2,3....

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

20.12.2009, 01:25

bumped

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

22.12.2009, 05:26

Last Bump....3 answers left

Mulvers

Não registrado

25.12.2009, 04:22

Ignoring Phil's impossible quiz aaaaand ....

Saw Gilda for the first time tonight ... what a fantastic film ... Loved every minute of it ...

Also ... I may now be in love with Glenn Ford ...

Mulvers

Não registrado

29.12.2009, 20:43

Before Lord of the Rings, if you asked somebody to spend 12 hours of their life with you watching midgets and elves mud-wrestle, you would've just gotten weird looks from every normal person ... and ended up spending the night with a man who drives a van for a living.

Getting people to sit still for three straight hours nowadays is an impressive enough feat ... but getting them to do so on three separate occasions when your protagonist is a doe-eyed dwarf who spends more time staring blankly and not reacting than the entire cast of The Hills... well, that was nothing short of a miracle....

29.12.2009, 20:53

Before Lord of the Rings, if you asked somebody to spend 12 hours of their life with you watching midgets and elves mud-wrestle, you would've just gotten weird looks from every normal person ... and ended up spending the night with a man who drives a van for a living.
If you mentioned that it was a touching love story between two straight men, and Orlando Bloom spends a lot of time running around in tights, I think a lot of women and 7-12% of men depending on whose statistics you choose would have been there in a flash.

Slasher

Intermediate

14.01.2010, 08:47

ok... heres an easy one ^^

What do the following movies have in common, specifically? ....... and can you name them?? :thumbsup:

(some of these were really GREAT movies!!)

Bullitt (1968 )
Duel (1971)
Vanishing Point (1971)
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974)
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974)
Mother, Juggs, & Speed (1976)
Phantasm (1979)
Christine (1983)
Natural Born Killers (1994)
Tommy Boy (1995)
Blade (1998 )
Joe Dirt (2001)
Joy Ride (2001)
The Fast and the Furious (2001)
House of Wax (2005)
Death Proof (2007)
"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Lieutenant Howell Maurice Forgy, USN (ChC), serving in the heavy cruiser USS New Orleans (CA-32) during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941.

14.01.2010, 21:50

They all prominently involve classic Plymouth muscle cars?

14.01.2010, 22:07

Didn't look farther down than number one on the list ... pretty sure Steve McQueen drove a Ford Mustang GT in Bullet.

Never saw any of the other movies, so won't hazard a guess.

14.01.2010, 22:58

Didn't look farther down than number one on the list ... pretty sure Steve McQueen drove a Ford Mustang GT in Bullet.
But weren't the hitmen he was chasing in a Plymouth Valiant or something?

I haven't seen it in a long time, so I could be way off.

Or maybe it's simpler--maybe he's just looking for American muscle cars in general--Mustang, Valiant, Charger, Fury, whatever?

Gendell

Intermediate

Ocupação: Private Security

15.01.2010, 18:54

Any one Seen the Movie Man on Fire? :thumbup:
I'm not insane!!! I am voluntarily indifferent to conventional rationality. :thumbup:

Someone once asked me if I suffer from insanity...I said "No, I enjoy every minute of it!"

Gendell W2 Level 122
The Haunted W4 Level 117
Maximus Decimus Meridius W3 level 105
Gendell2 W5 level 105
Forge W6 Level 101

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

16.01.2010, 00:51

4. Only Drakadi has more anger than this early franchise movie- name movie, guest star and series- New Clue: the guest star died within the last few years

5. This fantasy movie is very sweet. New clue- Movie has been recently remade

6. Sci-Fi movie uses many sci fi clichés in this Human survival film New Clue- some V like moments

Slasher

Intermediate

16.01.2010, 05:28

Arent there any other MOPAR fans out there??? wow... i thought this wouldve been the easiest 8|

Bullitt (1968 ) - (who cares about the ford LOL) 1968 Dodge Charger 440 with speeds of 110 mph reached (for real) in the chase scene

Duel (1971) - Plymouth Valiant or Dodge Dart driven by Dennis Weaver on the run from a pizzed off trucker driving a Peterbilt. ShoesHughes wrote, “It's a 1971, and sometimes 1972, Valiant; either a 225 or a 318, depending on scene.” Erik Blitvitch wrote, “Sometimes you can see the Swinger emblem on the front fender.”

Vanishing Point (1971) - 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 four-speed. The Challenger survived - a Camaro was the stand-in for the final destruction scene. Cars were supplied by and returned to Dodge. Erik Blitvich wrote, “the two cops were chasing the Challenger with a 1968 Charger R/T. One cop said when entering the Charger, ‘It takes a Mopar to catch a Mopar.’” I FRIGGIN KNEW IT!!! watched the ending where he commits suicide by diving the car into the bulldozers the cops set up as a road block.... watched it slooo-mooo frame-by-frame, and thought that was a camaro!!! the rear side windows changed in the last seconds!!! WHOOO HOOO they trashed the Camaro instead of the Challenger! :thumbsup: the original movie was WAAAYYY better than the remake.... plus the chick on the motorcyle was actually nakid in the first movie....

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry (1974) - Variety of muscle including 1969 Charger R/T 440.... could not tell if they really trashed the charger in the end, when the train hits them... even frame-by-frame you cant tell if it was really the same car...

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (1974) - Starring: Clint Eastwood, et al. Director: Michael Cimino
Featuring: Big 'C' Body mopars.

Mother, Juggs, & Speed (1976) - Several 1971-73 Dodge B-Van ambulances; local police use 1971-72 AMC Matadors - funny but depressing movie

Phantasm (1979) - Steve Inman: “In Phantasm 1, the Mopar was a Challenger. From Phantasm 2 on, it was a Cuda.” Raymond Chang: "In Phantasm, the star was a 1971 340 Cuda. In Phantasm II it was a 1971 318 Barracuda that was dolled up to appear like a Hemi Cuda. In Phantasm III and IV it is an actual 1970 Hemi Cuda convertible." Joe Ward: “In first movie, the car is a 1971 but the hood emblem states it’s a 440-6 pack.” - Still an awesome horror movie for being so old !!!

Christine (1983) - Featuring: 1958 Plymouth Fury

Natural Born Killers (1994) - red 70 Challenger R/T convertible

Tommy Boy (1995) - 1967 Plymouth GTX/Satellite Convertible

Blade (1998 ) - vampire hunter driving 1968 or 1969 dodge charger - didnt get a good look at it

Joe Dirt (2001) - 1969 Dodge Daytona, Plymouth GTX, car claimed to be a Road Runner (it’s probably a GTX) - all driven by David Spade

Joy Ride (2001) - Paul Walker (lead) drives 1971 Chrysler Newport across the country playing cat & mouse with a psycho trucker

The Fast and the Furious (2001) - 1970 Dodge Charger (featured; crashed).

House of Wax (2005) - features red 1968 Charger - typical slasher movie lol

Death Proof (2007) - Quentin Taretino movie - “There is a white 1970 440 Challenger and a black 1969 Charger in a spectacular car chase”

. :thumbup:

Lieutenant Howell Maurice Forgy, USN (ChC), serving in the heavy cruiser USS New Orleans (CA-32) during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941.

16.01.2010, 06:39

Arent there any other MOPAR fans out there??? wow... i thought this wouldve been the easiest 8|
Did you look at the first response?
Yeah, OK, some of them were Dodge or Chrysler, but they're the same company, and the same cars. A Chrysler is just a Plymouth with leather seats, and a Dodge is just a Plymouth with fake leather seats. (Even you didn't remember, or care, if it was a Valiant or a Dart in Duel.)

And, by the way:
Mother, Juggs, & Speed (1976) - Several 1971-73 Dodge B-Van ambulances; local police use 1971-72 AMC Matadors - funny but depressing movie
Now you're cheating. AMC wasn't part of Chrysler-Plymouth until 1987, and wasn't using Mopar parts until 1979.

Slasher

Intermediate

16.01.2010, 07:50

and a Dodge is just a Plymouth with fake leather seats.

Mopar is still Mopar... no matter when the divisions were bought by daimler/chrysler .... and I dont think it was all that long ago that Jeep became Mopar :-)

we had a 1970 dodge charger 500-SE woodgrain with leather seats :P no fake leather!! also had a 64 valiant... reminded me of the chevy nova II in a way.... but I much prefer the Dodge Challenger over the Plymouth Cuda... the body line makes the car look bad azz :thumbsup: tho its a toss-up on which is nicer... the Dodge Daytona, or Plymouth Superbird!!!!! Love them winged-warriors!!!!

16.01.2010, 08:14

and a Dodge is just a Plymouth with fake leather seats.

Mopar is still Mopar... no matter when the divisions were bought by daimler/chrysler .... and I dont think it was all that long ago that Jeep became Mopar :-)
1987. They'd already merged with AMC somewhere back in the 70s, long before Chrysler-Plymouth bought AMC.

I remember this because my sister had a 1987 CJ. This was a very bad vehicle to own. AMC-Jeep replaced the 1987 CJ-7 with the 1987 AMC Jeep YJ-7 after only 3 months. Then Chrysler bought AMC and renamed the same vehicle as the Jeep CJ Wranger. And meanwhile, the old (early-80s model) CJ-7 was still being made by Mitsubishi and imported grey-market into the US. So, there were four different models of the 1987 CJ, and all of them but the YJ and Wrangler take totally different parts. Lots of fun....

Slasher

Intermediate

18.01.2010, 01:10

I remember this because my sister had a 1987 CJ. This was a very bad vehicle to own
was that the one that had the roll-over problem? we had a 2008 wrangler, soft top... they are loads of fun!!! cant understand why anyone would want a hard-top wrangler, tho... theyre kinda oxy-moronish ... the whole point is to have the top off :thumbsup:

18.01.2010, 03:39

I remember this because my sister had a 1987 CJ. This was a very bad vehicle to own
was that the one that had the roll-over problem?
You're probably thinking of either the pre-81 models, with the famous 60 Minutes special and all that, or the 87- (AMC Wrangler) model.

As far as I know, nobody actually knows how bad the rollover problems were for the models in between. After the 1981 scandal, the NHSTA threw out their old standards and wrote new ones, then decided their new ones were untestable, so they just stopped doing tests. The insurance companies did their own tests, but were blocked by an injunction from publishing them. The NHSTA finally started doing tests again after the Suzuki Samurai scandal in 1988, and it turned out that the AMC Wrangler actually was actually more dangerous than the Samurai. But the final Jeep CJ-7 model? Who knows. Hers never rolled over, so what else matters? :)
we had a 2008 wrangler, soft top... they are loads of fun!!! cant understand why anyone would want a hard-top wrangler, tho... theyre kinda oxy-moronish ... the whole point is to have the top off :thumbsup:
Yeah, I agree. In fact, my sister's next Jeep after the CJ was a special edition (I think it was called "Wrangler Custom Sport California" or something silly like that), which had an extra rollbar and no top at all. Which she never took off-road once. (I did twice, sort of.) After that, she got the Grand Cherokee, which is basically a van with a Jeep nametag on it. She never took that off-road either.

Personally, I'd rather be on a dirt bike than in a Jeep for going off-road. For that matter, I'd rather be on a scooter or a small sport bike than in a car on the road. You can't beat the control, road feel, or acceleration of 2 wheels.

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

31.10.2010, 18:08

bumped

Sentinel

Intermediate

Ocupação: Bricky

05.11.2010, 02:37

favourite films?

not in order... cus you just cant put awesomeness in front of awesomeness

-) Robin Hood, Men in Tights (shut up your comments and looks ta, t'is funny)
-) Blazing Saddles
-) Monty Python, Search for the Holy Grail (will make Easther watch this one day)
-) 51st State
-) The Green Mile (I cried a bit. Yes, I used to be able to cry :P)
-) Men In Black
world 10 -Clunkety , worlds 1&2 intenational - The Nomad

Tell me some and do what you want, tell me nothing and do what you need

Slasher

Intermediate

25.01.2011, 08:47

Some movies i liked:

- The Village
- Blair Witch Project
- Sweeney Todd
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Saving Private Ryan
- Castaway
- Schindler’s List
- Con Air
- The Matrix
- Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Die Hard (all of them)
- Transformers
- Superbad

Tiberius Leodegan

Intermediate

Ocupação: bagpipin warrior

30.01.2011, 20:03

da green ornet.. :thumbup:
Too Many Scottsmen.......................................................Spoil d SB..

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

19.07.2011, 17:06

Transformers III hugh improvement over II

Ozzman

Intermediate

• "Ozzman" has been banned

Ocupação: Secret State Police

19.07.2011, 18:50

Transformers III hugh improvement over II

i'd like bigger battles,but the movie is already huge...

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas! :thumbsup:
Instead of proposing a penalty, Socrates instead proposes a reward for himself: as benefactor to Athens, he should be given free meals in the Prytaneum, one of the important buildings which housed members of the Council.

And that's why tixxers should pay my premium.

fatrobin

Intermediate

Ocupação: know it all / problem solver / IT helpdesk

19.07.2011, 19:52

i needed the loo in the second half of the film... but could not go... because that half was non-stop action :D

p.s. the whole decepticons allying with humans thing... i came up with that idea 6 years ago... them damn idea stealing statalites... first moonpig now transformers... whats next... my ideas for the UK education system?
Campaigner for Zombie Rights

Not a Professional cow... just consistently lazy

Ocupação: Festival Tramp

24.07.2011, 15:44

Dino de Laurentis, Waterloo. Great battle scenes :)
There comes a point... :cursing:

24.07.2011, 17:12

Movies I liked:

Lethal Weapon (all of them)
Gettysburg (long winded, sure, but very good)
Star Wars 4-6 (Original, not the remakes)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Blazing Saddles
Boondock Saints
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Bulletproof Monk
Dances with Wolves
Tin Cup
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Any James Bond flick with Connery

24.07.2011, 17:15

As for classic TV censorship goofs, my all time favorite has to be Snakes on a Plane, when Sam L. states "I hate these monkey biting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!"

itsjustme

Professional

Ocupação: Pot Stirrer

28.07.2011, 21:25

LOVE the new Winnie the Pooh movie!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Evil Bakson monster! X( :cursing:

Can you tie a knot?
I can not.
GREAT, can you tie knots in that rope and we can get out!
But I can not knott. :(

Oh..... bother :huh:
Just here to spread hate and discontent

OK, moving on now...

Bigger Phil

Não registrado

22.08.2011, 18:33

I refuse to see the new Conan movie-----heard it was awful! But will I rent it?

23.08.2011, 14:44

The Commitments decent sound track and some blinder 1 liners :thumbup:

23.08.2011, 14:47

for example

*Knock at door* Jimmy rabbit answers-young lad stood there.
jimmy asks.Waddaya play?
young lad-Eeeeerm welli used to play football at school.
jimmy-Nah what instrument?
young lad-I dont?
jimmy-Waddaya doin here then?????????????????????
young lad-Well i saw everyone else lineing up so i erm tought you were selling drugs 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o