You are not logged in.

AlSalil

Trainee

• "AlSalil" started this thread

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 2:05pm

How convenient!

:rolleyes: You touch a topic that throws dirty mods into the convo and it gets locked!

:whistling: So Pene, if that is the case why were the two mods in question dismissed shortly after the "Cheating" Query? :whistling:
The biggest thing, lacking in the world today, is "Common sense"! (and the ability to think before acting!) ;) :thumbsup:
W1 Tixx-Free
W3 Hugh de Payens
W4 noobot/-POW-
W5Angel of Doom
W6 -POW- Given Away
W7 -POW-
W8 TixxFree
W9 FuniqHunt/Al_Salil
W10 -POW- Al_Salil sold
W11 -POW- deleted/Druss sold

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 2:54pm

That information is confidential and even if I knew the details of the 1 mod being dismissed of duties, I would not be allowed to discuss it. I can state that MODERATORS DO NOT have the ability to SUSPEND/BLOCK accounts (freezing the accounts from being played, resulting in the accounts not being able to be hit).
~ Mod 322 ~

Esther1

Intermediate

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 2:59pm

Not sure what 2 mods you're referring to, but there's only been one mod that i know of that's been dismissed in the 2 years i've been a mod, and "cheating" wasn't the reason.
Proverbs 22:10 Cast out the scorner and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.

AlSalil

Trainee

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 3:03pm

1 was dismissed and 1 "Quit" after the query was made! It happenned on more than 1 world and they would be almost permanently safe and the message "This player cannot be attacked at this time" would show when you tried to attack! Now correct me if I'm wrong but a "frozen" account is the only time when this message appears right?
The biggest thing, lacking in the world today, is "Common sense"! (and the ability to think before acting!) ;) :thumbsup:
W1 Tixx-Free
W3 Hugh de Payens
W4 noobot/-POW-
W5Angel of Doom
W6 -POW- Given Away
W7 -POW-
W8 TixxFree
W9 FuniqHunt/Al_Salil
W10 -POW- Al_Salil sold

The Missing Rum

Professional

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 5:11pm

You are incorrect about the message
At the start of HW2 this message started popping up, there were forum threads moaning about it as well. Admin said it was just a normal message

AlSalil

Trainee

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 6:14pm

HW2? I was complaining about it when W10 first started as two of the biggest players were very ACTIVE but virtually unhittable.
W1 Tixx-Free
W3 Hugh de Payens
W4 noobot/-POW-
W5Angel of Doom
W6 -POW- Given Away
W7 -POW-
W8 TixxFree
W9 FuniqHunt/Al_Salil
W10 -POW- Al_Salil sold

Vedauwoo

Unregistered

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 7:04pm

There is even a website!

You touch a topic that throws dirty mods into the convo and it gets locked!
www.dirtymods.org

Esther1

Intermediate

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 8:31pm

I locked the thread, as it seemed to be devolving into a bit of a "flame war".
If admin wants to do something about the anti-mod/"all mods are corrupt" tone some players choose to take-that's up to them.

I do not wish to fuel conspiracy theories, nor to breach any confidentiality which I promised to protect when I became a mod-even if others chose to think ill of me because of it, even when that means i cannot speak truth in defense of others.
Proverbs 22:10 Cast out the scorner and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.

AlSalil

Trainee

Thursday, July 15th 2010, 11:47pm

You mistake me Esther! I am NOT anti Mod! I just think that there are a few out there that should have NEVER been given a mod tool in the first place! They (and probabbly everyone else) know who THEY are! :thumbdown:
W1 Tixx-Free
W3 Hugh de Payens
W4 noobot/-POW-
W5Angel of Doom
W6 -POW- Given Away
W7 -POW-
W8 TixxFree
W9 FuniqHunt/Al_Salil
W10 -POW- Al_Salil sold

Esther1

Intermediate

Friday, July 16th 2010, 4:40am

I did not mean to imply you are anti-mod...but i have seen many that are.
As far as the most recent losses to the mod team-I cannot comment on all the ins and outs of the situation without breaking my promises.
What may be seen as condemning "evidence" of cheating, might just be coincidence-especially if all the facts are not/cannot/should not be made public.
While someone may have issues with how a mod handles a specific situation, others might feel the exact opposite.
Personalities can conflict, and intentions, actions and words are easily misconstrued-especially in a text-only environment, where body language, tone of voice, and eye contact are not available to add context to the written word.