You are not logged in.

• "falcotron" started this thread

Sunday, September 27th 2009, 3:53am

Will pay for a mess of avis

I've passed the limits of my PS/GIMP skills, so, someone tell me how many tix or $ they'd charge for all of the following. (I would prefer to have the original Photoshop or GIMP files as well as the final GIF/PNG.)

All but one exception should mix Falco and Tron in some cheesy way (and only AIW should use Tron Legacy; the rest should use the original movie or game). Some ideas: Falco on a lightcycle, Falco's face in place of Jeff Bridges' in the poster, Falco as the Master Control Program, Tron or Clu in Falco's cape from the Nachtflug album cover, Falco in the padded cell banging his head at the end of the Jeanny video but with lightcycles going by instead of Jeanny laughing at him, ....

Here's what I need:
  • HW W1: This one I have something specific in mind: My current avi (see below), but done better. It should be more recognizable as the game grid superimposed on Falco's face, and ideally the 9 should be blue and zooming in and out or something to make it recognizable.
  • HW W4: Put "DWL" on it somewhere.
  • HW Forum: Remember that these are 150x150 instead of 180x180.
  • TG W1: No horde name needed.
  • TG W1DE: Put "Ragnarök" or "-R-" on it somewhere. This can be the same as the last one otherwise; not many people see both.
  • AIW: This one should use Tron Legacy images and look more "high-tech" in general. You can make the same avi in 180x180 and 150x150 so I can use it on the forum.
  • AIW Clan [UGLY] Americans: This is for a bunch of English-speakers in a German world. Be as offensively stereotypical of Americans as you can (drunk rednecks with guns, fat people in bathing suits, whatever). Write "Ugly Americans" on there, and "(and maybe some Brits or something)" in small letters.

Here are my current avis, for (lack of) inspiration. I have some, but not all, of the source images. (In particular, I can't find the game grid with the number 9 anywhere; I must have screencapped it in MAME or something....)

HW1EN. Falco's from the cover of Out of the Dark, game grid from the video game.

HW2EN. I didn't make this one, but Falco in the cape is from the Nachtflug album cover.

HW3EN. The Falco 3 album cover and a Tron movie poster.

HW4EN. The Emotional video and a lightcycle race.

HW1DE. Same, but animated.

TG1EN. The Nachtflug album cover and a Tron logo from somewhere on the web.

TG1DE. Same thing with the horde name added. And somehow, I lost the transparency.

AI1DE. A screencap from the Rock Me Amadeus video, and one from the Tron Legacy trailer.

UGLY. A political cartoon of W as a cowboy.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "falcotron" (Oct 4th 2009, 5:31am)

-B-P-

Beginner

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 4:11pm

A player named Aries in w8, ive a very experienced computer graphics designer, or something like that category
He normally makes logos in real life for $200 but he does avatars in holy war for a tixx

he is a very nice guy and you should be able to strike a deal with him

Blood Prince
Im not a newbie just haven't really payed much at attention to the forums for a while :whistling: ....

Sunday, October 4th 2009, 9:53pm

Thanks! Mildred's doing a bunch of avis for me now, but maybe if she gets bored before she covers them all, I'll go make a W8 account and ask him.

Again, thanks for the reply!

Monday, October 5th 2009, 12:22am

gets bored
Not yet...been making me miss my sf though, photo editing is fun :D

Monday, October 5th 2009, 10:00am

Hmmm...I shall have to keep this in mind, Mildred. lol Missed SF, you say? :)

And, falcotron, you're not really going to change our AIW clan logo, are you? That's about as ugly as a clan avi gets, I think, which means that it's perfect! :thumbup:

Monday, October 5th 2009, 11:45am

So far, what Mildred's been giving me are basically just much better versions of my old avis, and I'm sure she can do the same for [UGLY].

But, if it's not ugly enough, we won't use it.:)

Monday, October 5th 2009, 11:06pm

Hmmm...I shall have to keep this in mind, Mildred. lol Missed SF, you say? :)
X( made me more aware..now I've probably sf' every 20 mins for losing track of when the last was :cursing:

Tuesday, October 6th 2009, 12:27am

I missed an SF on German Tagoria while tryng to respond to blert in the SB, W4 PMs, two forum threads, and an AIW PM. Good plan, wrong world.

Fortunately, there's a level-50 over there who tries me every day just because I'm apparently the only high-level who's ever played possum for 12 hours after a battle, and she did her usual face-first frontal assault into my swords, going 48-2563, and keeping my amber safe. :)

Forge

SB Moderator / Forum Mod

Sunday, October 11th 2009, 5:47pm

I'm apparently the only high-level who's ever played possum for 12 hours after a battle

Yes, many in W2 have lamented my tendency to keep full health at all times. Besides slowly reducing the number of lower-levels taking 2XP off me, I'm not seeing the downside.
W1EN - Forge - tc
W2EN - Forge - tc
W7EN - Forge - WBS
W2PL - Forge - WBS

Monday, October 12th 2009, 11:35am

I'm apparently the only high-level who's ever played possum for 12 hours after a battle

Yes, many in W2 have lamented my tendency to keep full health at all times. Besides slowly reducing the number of lower-levels taking 2XP off me, I'm not seeing the downside.
An average full-health xp hit for me in W2 did 264hp.* You get 34 back from the mansion, so that's 230 you have to pay for, or about 200gp/hit. DRs do slightly less damage, but then you only get 10 back for free instead of 34, so let's call it a wash.

So, on a typical day, you're spending 2500-5000gp healing up.

Compare that to playing possum: The only healing you need is 200hp before plundering so your SFs are actually safe, so you're spending about 170gp healing up.

Of course when you're fully healed your SFs can be against solid 500gp cows instead of cheap level-11 75gp cows, and you occasionally get that 2000gp score off a fellow top-level, but I don't think the difference is nearly enough to make up for the extra cost.

* It's actually higher in both W1 and W4, because W2's stats collectively suck after we all spend a few months going mad for xp to catch W1.

The Black Knight

Unregistered

Monday, October 12th 2009, 3:16pm

Compare that to playing possum: The only healing you need is 200hp before plundering so your SFs are actually safe, so you're spending about 170gp healing up.

Yes, but it's so much fun smacking someone around for 750lp when they come looking for XP. :)