You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 88.

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 12:45am

Author: Corzich

Reviving ALL worlds

I LOVE that idea, TBK! And if we establish some worlds as "noob zones", we can stop endlessly creating new worlds and spreading our players thin!

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 1:25am

How to bring WORLD 2 back to life

I just wish some of the smaller, limping orders would bite the bullet and merge with some of the big ones...you might wind up with 2-4 strong solid orders for both Pagans and Christians that way. I doubt you guys would be satisfied for long with either 2 big super orders, or with a 10 man limit. We just need to beef up the stronger orders we have left, and new blood in the old worlds would eventually help with this, as I have posted elsewhere.

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 1:07am

Holy Battle Army Lists

Quoted from "LargeHuman" Maybe there should be a level requirement to view the list? say 60 or 70 People who have been in the game for more than a year at that point Or be able to purchase your own spy for say 5,000 gold That's all we need....more advantages for people who have been playing since Moses was a pimply teen. That'll encourage new blood to come to this game!

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 5:26pm

Default World for New Player Sign Up

Yes yes yes a thousand times yes! Please do this, HWT!

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:59pm

Reviving ALL worlds

Angel, I respect your right to disagree, but I understand perfectly well why newer players flock to newer worlds, for exactly the reasons you expressed. This is why we need something to keep the older worlds alive. If we stop opening new worlds, new players will be forced to enter an "old world", or not play. If you "funnel" new players into a particular world, there should be plenty of fellow low levels to compete with, even if catching up to the top seems impossible. Frankly, as a 6 month old ...

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 1:00am

Reviving ALL worlds

One thing that I feel MUST be done is stop with the opening new worlds already. 6 is enough. Frankly, 4 was probably enough. Where will it end? 30 worlds, with W1-W27 mostly dead? No more new worlds. Instead, funnel new players into the existing worlds through incentives that rotate. One month, newcomers to W1 get 2000 extra starting gold, or a week of double xp, or something like that. The next month, switch the incentive to W2, and so on. keep fresh blood and new Order members flowing into our...

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 7:01pm

Attention Christians- The Battle of Jerusalem

Thats only if you heal Elighten. If I dont have to fight in an order battle, I just safety fight 11's and 12's, plunder, and let the house do the rest.

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 6:28pm

Guess who posts next...

Good grief, Blade, simultaneous posts? 2 can play at that game! (just teasin) You next, I presume?

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 6:26pm

Guess who posts next...

Surprise! NOW for the Bigger Phil......

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 6:07pm

Attention Christians- The Battle of Jerusalem

Gosh, Enlightened Ignorant, lighten up. BP's just trying to make this battle a little special, and enhance competition by getting the pagans back in the opposition (not that it will work). I know your little boycott has become your own PERSONAL crusade, but we Christians have no choice but to try to make the HB's as meaningful as we can. BTW< I doubt Falco would lie about getting more gold. Makes sense to me....more fights against more enemies = more gold.

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 5:59pm

UNFAIR MOD NAMED AL......

Quoted from "falcotron" Quoted from "Shepard Book" make jokes falco Your wish is my command, Shepard. So, a Crusader, a Saracen, and a Pagan walk into a bar... I'll finish it. So a Crusader, a Saracen, and a Pagan walk into a bar. The Crusaders form an alliance, have mediocre discipline, and can break through the bar a little more than half the time. The Pagans form a HUGE alliance, have great discipline, and smash right through the bar....then immediately break up into 10,000 different faction...

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 2:23am

Dead Accounts

If it aint broke, dont fix it. If you started late on an early world, I guarantee 90% of your battles from levels 1-10 were against dead accounts. Gotta get a safety fight somewhere.........

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 12:33am

Sitting an account or Cheating?

Retroactive punishments are stupid and unfair and arbitrary. You SHOULD be looking for new ways to advance your character--and then, if HWT tells you stop, you stop, dangit. Should be simple.

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 12:40am

hi bigger phil

(shakes head nonplussed) forum sure has been......interesting lately......or something oh, and hi BP!

Wednesday, November 12th 2008, 12:34am

How Much Tamaska/Idun ROCKS!!!!

Quoted from "Trake" MIZER 90% of Aussies are hot! You have seen me! And getting hotter every day, with their thin ozone later and all..... hear the kiddies/roos/bairns/whatever u call them down under have to wear hats at recess now

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 2:29am

UNFAIR MOD NAMED AL......

I've always known Al to be fair and sensible. Panda, you crack me up, but when you cross the line.....you do the time. Shoot, there was one thread on the forum where I was getting a little overheated, and Al helped me keep perspective before I did something stupid....a warnings a warning.

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 2:18am

The Pillory - Good or Bad?

I'm with BP...by all means, ban the cussers and trolls....but lets shame those that REALLY threaten the game's integrity!

Monday, November 10th 2008, 3:43am

Vote falcotron HW President 2008

I've got you now, you crafty Marylander: Johns Hopkins!

Monday, November 10th 2008, 3:41am

HOLY WAR BANK

Quoted from "Tamaska" omg...not the golden brick!!! I hate that thing so darn much *growls* Why? Ever since I found my golden brick, my plunders have nearly doubled in both gold and xp!

Monday, November 10th 2008, 3:11am

Vote falcotron HW President 2008

Quoted from "falcotron" Quoted from "Noble" Falcotron, if elected what new policies do you plan to implement? I had a friend in college from Latvia. Being that it was a top-10 school in poli-sci and foreign affairs, had a number of Eastern European professors and students, and was generally chock full of nerds,* you'd think she wouldn't have that problem. * 2 points if you can guess the school from that description. ** Hands up, vote Dr. Doom! You know it makes sense, it's Def-Con One, so what'...

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 12:28am

Guess who posts next...

SURPRISE! Demi next.....we seem to be forum brothers.....

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 12:19am

List of censored words/combos

Agreed. We're all computer literate, and get around rules if we choose to. That is why there is no substitute for human mods. Any filter that won't display the words "subject" and "object" is too restrictive, indeed, laughably so. I'm all for standards, but humans have to set them.

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 12:17am

Battle of Jerusalem

Nobles's got some nice ideas too! Some of them seem a little far fetched to ever be implemented, but some, like the holy battle participation markers, seem quite do-able,and indeed, ahould be done. As for incentives, I doubt you'll get free premium, but why not double the redemption value of tix on HB days? More money for HW, and it focuses players attnetion on HB days.....how about it, HWT?

Friday, October 31st 2008, 1:23am

World 7 petition

Quoted from "sharky" I agree.... no tixx for W7.... it will have all of us at the same stats.... No, it wouldnt...people would still spend their gold differently. And if it did, what fun would it be in a world where every character was the same?

Friday, October 31st 2008, 1:19am

Petition for reinstatement from Mod-tirement

I've always known Drad to be fair. Stern sometimes, but fair. This town needs a sheriff...... Reinstate Dradaki!

Friday, October 31st 2008, 1:12am

E-Baby Names

I'm e-sterile, was rejected by e-Harmony,and I'm e-lated to ignore this fad as much as possible!

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 8:18pm

HW's New Updates

OK, Demi's English is very good for a non-native speaker. It was meant as a compliment.

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 1:47am

HW's New Updates

Quoted from "Sain Cai" Quoted from "DemiGod Subarna" Quoted from "the-annihilator" Wow, I just about died trying to read and understand that...not good english. What did you expect, it's a word-for-word translation, grammatical errors are inevitable. I could fix it, but I am angry on all of you for the reason I posted earlier . I think he was referring to kitkatkev and his horrible spelling. agreed, Demi's English is quite decent, esp. if its not his first language

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 12:54am

how to revive a dead world

Quoted from "Atropos" FEAR still wins its share of battles in W2. The christians are strong but I would not say that there is overwhelming christian dominance there by any means True....I think any good W2 player respects FEAR. And the new RoTA thing shows promise....theres rivalry to be had in W2 yet.....

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 12:42am

Battle of Jerusalem

These are great ideas. I really really REALLY hope HWT does something to make this battle truly special and competitive. It SHOULD be the climax of English language Holy War! I especially like the idea of every participant getting a little label on their profile, like "Warrior of Jerusalem" or something. Add prestige for those who were there. Sadly, I think we all suspect nothing will be done.

Wednesday, October 15th 2008, 2:56am

Even better W7 Petition

I actually like this idea better! Let's do it!

Tuesday, October 14th 2008, 1:30am

Sitting an account or Cheating?

easy tampinha. Your intentions are good, and I'm sure we all appreciate the work youve put into this, but people looking for new ways to exploit the system also provide a service--they show what new rules need to be made. An action may be unethical, but you can't punsih someone UNTIL they do it while it's actually against the rules. Let's say you're a 20 year old in 1984, and the drinking age is 18. So, you drink. Then the feds come in and make the state raise the minimum age to 21. Should you b...

Saturday, October 11th 2008, 1:27am

RE: RE: tixxers

I'm guessing by your reference to the "luxury of the West" that you don't live in the west, as most people that do don't refer to it as "the west." ACTUALLY, Noble, many people of all cultures, including the West itself, use the term "the West" to refer to those cultures that share a Judeo-Christian heritage and are largely Europeanized in culture. It's a very common term, and is value neutral, i.e, using it doesnt necessarily mean you theink The West is good or bad.

Thursday, October 9th 2008, 1:26am

The New Player Academy

The Christians already have such a "franchise", in fact, they came up with it first: The Double Edged Sword Academy. It would probably be more successful if W2 got more new players. You can try it in a new world, but I can forgive noobs for not taking the idea of being mentored by a level 17 seriously, not knowing that you may be level 60+ on another world. And by the time you're impressive in a new world, the new players are probably slowing to a trickle. Also, most established Christian orders...

Tuesday, October 7th 2008, 12:29am

Plundering: Please explain?

Good responses here. But if anyone is TRULY averaging 300 gold per 10 minute plunder, I would like to buy your lucky charm! And yes, of course I still plunder, and it's not like I waste the gold I get from it, but I think we can all agree that the XP gets more important (or at least stays stable) as we go along, and the gold becomes less vital compared to other income sources.

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 7:31pm

Plundering: Please explain?

Yep, plundering is random. You do it in 10 minute increments, and see what you get. Some people claim they have a "system" to improve plunders, but I dont see how thats possible. By the by, plundering is mainly only important for XP, not gold, after a certain level. When you make 2000 every 8 hours of work, that 500 gold plunder while a nice bonus, is not going to change your character much.

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 7:25pm

Order Building Wall

I like it! It also gives Orders more things to spend money on than just mercs (NOT that I'm against mercs)

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 5:00am

Save Evil Panda 666!!!

I think Cpt. Al probably has the most mature and nuanced take on the matter. I confess, as a non-parent, I wasn't thinking of "the children" but they play this game too. As a freedom-loving libertarian, stuff like this can really push my anger buttons. Which strikes me as AT LEAST as reasonable as having ones anger buttons pushed by the mere mention of body parts. So yeah, we DO need to have standards and rules, like any community, I just wish the community as a whole could be heard from on issu...

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 3:42am

Save Evil Panda 666!!!

I dont play in W6, but I'd just like to point out that Holy War is not a workplace. It is a game where I like to THINK we can all be friends and have a sense of humor. I honestly don't see why anyone, female or male, should be offended by what is so obviously a joke. I think it's sad that ONE humorless person can cause such havoc as what we have seen happen here. I certainly hope and pray it is correct that Evil Panda 666 will not be deleted. I also am 100% positive that if a female order named ...

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 10:36pm

Guess who posts next...

Sorry Al. It's your even more bored order brother. Now, in the next post, I present to you.... The return of FALCOTRON to the forums.......(fingers crossed)

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 2:15am

A solution to the use of Premium Tickets for Accelerated Advancement

I still think this is a solution in search of a problem. The top people, as have been mentioned earlier, will be those who both tixx AND work hard. Sorry. Not everyone gets to be top dog. But a savvy, skilled player can hurt a tixxer bad, esp. with allies. It's not like the game is unplayable if you dont tixx. I also don't know any multi-player game that is 100% fair. This comes off, I;m sorry, as a lot of whining. BTW, I'm premium, but I dont tixx. it's just a tactic like any other. ANy player ...

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 1:54am

Suggestion for deminishing the ill-effects of Tixxing on Holy War Gameplay

I am not a tixxer, and have no real desire to spend premium tickets on anything other than monthly premium status, although I could afford to, to a modest amount, if I wished. I'd just like to point out to Ashurnasirpal that this is a capitalist game made to earn money by a for-profit company under a free enterprise system. I'm sorry if this isn't compatible with his ideology, which I don't wish to debate here, but that's what it is. Most of us pay to play, even if its just 5.99 a month, and the...

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 4:12am

W2 to W6 Names- Just for Fun!

Lord, I'm gonna be hit for this.....just having a little fun people! Longo -- Shorty Al -- Gore Sir Stephen -- Joe Biden (SB in joke) Walk Away -- Come Closer Lady Meriadoc -- Maid Pippin (come on, youve all read Lord of the Rings) Falcotron -- The Saracen Side Foghorn Leghorn -- Colonel Sanders The Earl of Bronze -- Lord 3rd Place Rebell -- General Lee Groveronspeed -- ManicMuppet Big Phil -- Yellow Clocks (BP will get this one) Viktor Corzich -- Flattened SmartAleck

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 3:41am

Balancing the faiths

Quoted from "Stupid Brute" Its an okay idea, but maybe a little complicated. What if they just take the choice away. You no longer chose your faith but depending how many were already on each side, it was assigned to you?? I think its fair to say people would resent that. Now maybe if you knew the faith population of each world before joining and choosing....

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 6:23am

Please...Save World....where are we at?? World 7!

Your hearts in the right place Xandman, but the problem with your ideas lie in the business end. Making premium in W1 and W2 last longer would just mean less and less money being spent in the old, established worlds with old established players. If you offer free premium on the old worlds for spending on the new ones, you just create a black market economy where W6 players sell their free W1 premium for extra W6 premium (hope that wasnt too confusingly phrased). What I like about my idea is that...

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 1:50am

Please...Save World....where are we at?? World 7!

I actually agree we don't need any new worlds.....not when old worlds are stagnating and dying. Why not offer new players two weeks of premium to choose world 1 or 2. Could create a wave of new blood and rejuvenate the orders. Yes, many would be higher level than them, but if it works, there will be plenty of fellow noobs to play with.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 1:40am

BLUE DRAGON WIZARD

I do wish Mr. Dragon Wizard would make up his mind! All this fast paced career advancement is making my head spin! Tell us, how much of an attack bonus does your dragon horde give you?

Thursday, September 18th 2008, 1:56am

The Southern Baptists

I'd just like to add that we're a really great order with good comraderie and support!

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 4:32am

Join The Nea

The National Education Assciation, silly!