You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 197.

Friday, April 18th 2014, 4:50pm

Author: Hardrada

XP Cap of 30 per battle

Still no Cap removal - still no HoF reset, but we had the nearest thing to admission that GaS dont understand their own game with the recent "Battle Fatigue" memo I look forwards to one of the following happening: 1) Removal of the CAP 2) Reset of the HoF 3) Justification of why HW think the CAP is a good idea But I won't be holding my breath!!!!

Friday, January 31st 2014, 2:21am

Cross world sitting

They have the time to develop but not test the update that was perpetrated recently, complete with all the functions that nobody actually wanted and don't actually work anyway, but they cant find the time for changes that paying customers actually want, that would improve the game - to me that tells me a great deal about the attitude of the developers of HW

Friday, January 31st 2014, 2:15am

Idea for Competition in Battles Cities

My suggestion for a Hall of Shame Player cashing in the Most Tix's Who was it lost to the lowest player!!

Tuesday, January 21st 2014, 8:38pm

The Update discussion thread

Firstly DON'T blame "server loading" for badly tested code - in over 20 years in professional IT server loading issues DO NOT cause the types of problems we have all experienced, making pathetic excuses like that just makes you look even less competent Remove the 30XP per battle limit OR come clean and admit you want to prevent people getting to high levels because you cant be bothered to develop new kit, no one has ever asked fro this! Remove the limit to the number of characters per battle, wh...

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 6:37pm

Extra Order Gold

Quoted from "itsjustme" Don't matter, as a matter of fact, the more ridiculous it seems, the more likely it will be implemented On that basis, can we have free fruit from some cities please.... there is a chronic lack of soft fruit in HW

Thursday, January 9th 2014, 3:29pm

XP Cap of 30 per battle

Why has this been introduced? Perhaps GAS will dispel the belief that its simply to avoid them having to create higher level gear The effect of this limit will hurt the lower level players so its impact on limiting higher level XP will be minimal and only act to hinder lower levels catching up Yet another bad idea from GAS, when the player base has been asking for upgrades in certain areas (stables etc) GAS ignore those calls just carry on regardless

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 11:40am

Minimum Price for Elixirs needs reducing

Quoted from "Forge" Quoted from "Croaker" GaS dumped that update on us and then went on holidays? To be fair, they were doing a lot of work on it right till they left, and I'm sure they'll be back on it as soon as they're back in, but I'll fully agree that the timing wasn't good, and maybe this patch should have happened now (January), when everyone is here, instead of straddling a major international work holiday. GAS meet Change Control, Change Control meet GAS - I know you two are total stra...

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 11:44pm

Thanks Forge.. As far as I am concerned its not a question or manipulation or anything underhand at all, the problem is that the cumulative effects of Merchant Discounts is having a disastrous impact on the Lix Stall and that will in time make it virtually impossible for anyone to sell enough pots for a new horse etc - leading to even more pee'd off players who quit HW What needs to be fed back to HW is that players who have been on HW for years are telling them this facet of the update is a gam...

Friday, January 3rd 2014, 2:10pm

The constant moaning at CWR wont change a thing, it seems to me there are two realistic options: 1) Direct your anger at GAS and force them to change the market discount mechanism 2) Attack CWR and take one or more of the merchant discount cities off us Whoever it is thats dumping lixs at min (and I would expect it to me a MIX or people, some may be from CWR but there are almost certainly others too) is NOT breaking the rules, they are NOT cheating, they are NOT Abusing a lop hole, they have sim...

Tuesday, December 31st 2013, 5:08pm

All that needs to be done is make the market bonus apply only to the blacksmiths and the stables - that would cure this problem in a heartbeat Whether members or CWR are or are not flooding the market I don't know but what is happening is a SYMPTOM of the badly thought out city bonus's and indicative of inadequate testing (especially scenario based testing) - so getting mad at CWR (if it is us) is simply shooting the messenger! Fix the problem!!!

Sunday, December 29th 2013, 11:18am

There are other solutions... Make the merchant discounts apply only to the Blacksmith & Stable NOT on lixs's

Friday, December 13th 2013, 3:47pm

With the perks that cities captured give, it is now very possible to be able to buy Lix's from the shop cheaper than the minimum possible to sell them on the market This might seem like a minor issue, but it will have a big impact in the future, when players come to sell stockpiled Lix's to but a weapon/horse etc they will find it very difficult to sell them is its cheaper to go to the shop Players will find this prevents them upgrading kit/horse and provide yet another reason to give up the gam...

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 7:53pm

Persistent testing world with periodic player/order wipes

The idea clearly collapses when it comes to GAS's utter indifference to the players wishes and complaints - they use Mods as a buffer to avoid having to face their customers They are fast enough to make statements regarding (yet another) premium tix offer, where is the apology for the utter disaster that has been foisted on us this time?

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 12:16am

Remove update until fully tested!

Another issue - got merced for three battles ALL at the same time, didnt go to any of the camps, but got battle reports for all THREE and I was at full health for all of them!!!

Friday, December 6th 2013, 10:25pm

More issues Hired as a merc for a city battle, went to camp about 40 mins before battle - SAW the camp lists - noticed there were no "In Camp" signs on players I knew were already in camp The next thing I know I am back at my normal attack screen BEFORE the battle has started - cant rejoin nothing so did not fight - how can it reject players from a battle they are registered for? So many bugs in this release if it has been tested and I was GAS I would be looking at disciplinary action for those ...

Thursday, December 5th 2013, 10:13pm

A round of applause

I can only assume that the HW Testing teams golf handicap has been lowered a lot during the course of the testing phase of this update

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 5:33pm

So far 1) Its an hour and 9 minutes till City Battle Starts - cant go to camp, its already left 2) I am merced for THREE city battles at the SAME time 3) The fight scripts seems to have reverted to the one that everyone moaned about with the last update (ie huge hit points being dished out) Beta Tested? I dont think it even unit tested never mind link tested

Saturday, October 19th 2013, 5:44pm

Introduction of Stat/level Ratio

No doubt there will be quibbles about exactly how the calculation of a "power value" is arrived at, but to me this is as good as any and it would be a nice addition to both the player stats visible to others but also made visible on the "Hire a Merc" page too

Friday, May 10th 2013, 5:36pm

3 pack premium ticket plus 3D gaming

Quoted from "djshorty1979" where you can actually health back up whilst in battle as it will 1: help players advance farther with xp when they need it and also stop them from being bored just sitting and waiting for a battle to finish ie: the holy battle or 2: give them so kind of mini game to play whilst waiting for a battle to end? what do you all think ? need suggestions This idea should be taken out, shot, strangled, burnt then buried at sea! If players were allowed to heal DURING battle, t...

Friday, May 10th 2013, 5:32pm

No donating while in camp?

Nope never been able to donate when in camp, and nor should you be able too....... If your daft enough to take gold into camp, you clearly cant be trusted with it so holding it in your sweaty little hand until someone takes it from you is what you deserve!

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 6:57pm

The order survey

As one of the reasons for merging worlds was the relative inactivity in many of them, NOT allowing cross world order membership condems those in inactive worlds to be trapped in thier inactive orders or go solo

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 11:08pm

Levelling the maga-tixer field a little.....

To give the vast bulk of players a wee bit more of a fairer games (compared to the few Mega-tixers) GaS could implement a code modification where the player looses a unique weapon if he is killed in battle (much the same way as he looses it if he looses a single combat) Uniques lost in battle would return to the pool to be found by someone plundering as normal

Tuesday, September 25th 2012, 10:21pm

Multiple Horse Ownership Petition (New Thread)

Can we have personal stables where more than one horse can be owned at the same time please

Wednesday, September 19th 2012, 2:03pm

Game Down after Maintentance of the 19 Sept?

Thats about as helpfull as microsoft error messages

Wednesday, September 19th 2012, 1:52pm

Game Down after Maintentance of the 19 Sept?

Is it just me or is HW still dow after the maintenance????

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 11:08pm

Merged World 2 - Holy Battle

We dont seem to have a date set for the next holy battle, can you poke someone to set the date please

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 4:23pm

Idea and shameless self promotion

Ambush..........Ambush.................. wonders who blue is talking about?

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 6:46pm

Throws down the gauntlet for DragonEater.............

You said.......... <SNIP> Monday, June 25th 2012, 11:28am Hi, yes I agree this is a bit silly, but it's just the way our censor works since "mother" is frequently used as part of a longer, much more offensive word Anyway, there are 101 other words for mother I can think of, so it's not the end of the world (mum, mama, ma etc.) Cheers, DragonEater <SNIP> 101 other words? go on then............. list em and no cut n pastes from thesausus's (or is that thesasusii)

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 10:54pm

A better long-term model for HW:

We have to face it, the way GaS has promoted and encouraged the use of Tix in HW has in many ways eliminated the competative edge from the game We have battle healing - that emininated to huge disadvatage of loosing a battle We have full healing after 8 hr work - that eliminated the point of pre-strikes We have frequent Tix promotions - that negated hard work We have massively increased Tix Gold value - this made high level Tix more viable I could draw a parallel to a hugely popular village base...

Monday, June 25th 2012, 12:53pm

International worlds or Meger?????

* Engaging Irony Mode* * Irony Mode Engaged * * Irony Effeciency 98% * Well 5 days to go till the "end of June", no announcements to say that the world merget isnt going to happen on schedule, so we can expect to see the worlds merged as we have been repeatedly assured * Disengage Irony Mode * * Irony Mode Disengaged *

Tuesday, June 12th 2012, 8:55pm

18 days to go then till the merger.................................... As there doesnt seem to be any anouncement to the contrary one assumes the July 30th is still the target?

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:17pm

In the usual HWT "Mushroom Management" style of customer relations, we keep on getting vague promises to a merger of worlds, of course there is never anything substantial said, but now we have a second international world in addition to Tix promotions that seem to arrive every 10 minutes So am I right in drawing the conclusion that HWT will never actual merge worlds, that they will just continue to open new international worlds to attract tixers or are we going to be given and substantial inform...

Friday, April 20th 2012, 1:34pm

Promotions that everyone can enjoy (not just tixxers)

How about things that you find during randomly plunders, say one of each item is added to the world each week (Quite deliberately giving premium players an advantage - after all it is a commercial game), once used they evaporate like: Bottle of Firewater : When drunk its effects last for 6hrs and double the XP obtained during fights (I want one for HB!) Dancing Shoes - When put on its effects last for 6hrs and inrease the players agility by 5% Sharpening Stone - When used it increases weapon hit...

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 4:02pm

Tavern stats?

I need to lie down in a dark place. I find myself in agreement with Mac

Saturday, November 19th 2011, 1:59pm

Another idea to make things interesting.

dont see an issue with that, as long as the "stand guard" option was capable of being permanently set, but a "assist defence against the first attack" would work, though clearly it could be undermined by use of a suicide attack follwed by the "real" attack

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:42pm

Stables ( again )

I would LOVE that to happen, approaching L140 with a L110 Horse....... Arrrrgggggg

Friday, September 30th 2011, 9:29pm

what if

2nd idea would work far far better

Monday, July 25th 2011, 6:54pm

IP sharing

Quoted from "daviemarks" Quoted from "Caradoc" HWT does not check it. It will not save you from being disciplined for infractions. If we need to know more we will contact you. daviemarks.... supersleuth...... you'll get nothing out of me

Wednesday, July 13th 2011, 8:21pm

I Wonder.....

If a man speaks in rhe forrest, does a woman still disagree with him?

Thursday, July 7th 2011, 9:49pm

Can we look at some new features?

Errrmmmm Why exactly are you "at home" anyway..... you should be plundering or working

Friday, July 1st 2011, 10:34pm

Bonus Doubler

Quoted from "akash595" Yes, we do have enough problems with tixxers, however if this is used effectively then can help those who cannot spend as much money in the game get more of a chance. So all you do is create a band of mini tixers who want to tix but cant aford too shakes head sadly

Friday, July 1st 2011, 9:50pm

Bonus Doubler

Dont we have enough problems with tixers alreasdy? Try playing the game rather than buying your way through it

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 7:23pm

HW Game Mechanics - What annoys you most

What annoys me most........ 1) Tixing for gold or XP, I accept that its a financial earner, but how about showing to the world on thier profile how many tix have been converted to gold/extra plunders so at least they cant claim "I was lucky in the Tavern" 2) Not having a cross world market, even if it were just for Lix's - come on HW that cant be too hard a tweak and it would give dying worlds a boost 3) Not being able to look in the "shop windows" whilst I am at work (fairy nuff I cant buy, but...

Friday, June 17th 2011, 9:42pm

This Is Needed

As a Tixer free world would loose GAS revenue, why not create a world - open to all nationalities - disable, tixing for gold or extra plunders, and charge a tix every two weeks (rather than four weeks) - that would make good (at least some) of the revenue lost from Tixers

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 10:48pm

Lix Stall Change

Far more pleasurable to comment in the SB something like "To the numpty selling lixes at 1% off, you just missed 30k, I went to the shop"

Tuesday, June 7th 2011, 11:07am

Retrn ov foertnitlee Holy Battel

Git red of Tiberus and gis us bak too weklee holee batles

Monday, May 16th 2011, 9:34pm

Cross World Mercs.

It would also open up a whole world of cheating allegations, as many players play in different worlds, it could easily be misused to transfer gold from my character in W2 to my character in w99 (I dont play in W2 and there is no W99!!!)

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 5:20pm

Suggestion for tourny

Nooooo you cant change the Tourney's... A) The highlight of my month is pointlessly donating 16k gold entry fee to some DE1 Tixer, I get a real sense of "There that that showed HIM" B) The Tourney's were changed because YOU requested it, it must be true thats what GaS say

Sunday, April 17th 2011, 6:14pm

Holy Battle - RIP

New battle script dropped xp from average of 60 to 12 From 50-60 fights to 12......... Last HB I will be joining while this stupid battle script is in place So three cheers for GaS developers in one fell stroke you have... Killed of Battles Killed of HB Doesnt actually leave a lot does it......

Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 8:09pm

Beta/Test World

I have no doubt they has test environments, but unit testiing and link testing of a release isnt the question here, we have to assume that code/patches released by GaS wont break the production environment, what we are talking about is what we call at work "User Acceptance Testing" This required three basic things 1) Specifications of the effect the code changes are intended to create 2) A Test Environment 3) A test crew who will try and bend or exploit the changes The results of the change "ben...